Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery Big Al. Road rash isn’t fun to deal with. Stay strong in your quit because we know alcohol won’t help a bit.

We continue to be impressed with our financial services provider, so glad we made the change. The silence from our previous bank over losing our business has been deafening!

Our new washer & dryer arrive today, just in time as the dryer has ceased drying.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and new wager/dryer owners. Up very early this morning. Meditation done, but doggie walk in a bit. I have not been on the bicycle, not have I run in a week due to poor air quality. I’m definitely out of my comfort zone. My body craves the exercise, but I am going to give it a few more days. I have a small gym downstairs with a new Bowflex & free weights so I am doing some strength training. Anyway, I am all in for another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. I hope you are healing and we hear from you soon BigAl. Blessings x
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Lovely clear, cool day on the Washington coast. It's a rarity to wake up to blue skies on our coast but we have the last two days! What a treat. Off to golf again today. Hope we all have an easy AF day!

Comment

Happy Friday cafe! More heat and humidity today, sure hope that the A.C. doesn't give out!

24 more please...

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Happy Friday the 13th. This has always been my lucky day in the past so we shall see what today brings. We are getting ready for a tropical storm this weekend. Leaving Monday to fly north. All is well here and I hope everyone has a great day. Big Al, still thinking about you and hope you are feeling better. Hi to everyone! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Happy AF Friday to us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Interesting to learn that Alberta may not be easing COVID restrictions as new case numbers rise. And over 90% of the new cases are unvaccinated people.

And Canadians are likely heading to the polls next month as our prime minister is expected to announce on Sunday. He’s been campaigning at tax payer expense for the past 2 months, a coincidence I’m sure, after all, you couldn’t expect his political party pay for it, right?
                  You know what you have when there’s 50,000 politicians at the bottom of the ocean? A good start!
                  My apologies, I know we don’t discuss politics in the Cafe.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone, enjoy it af!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th! May we all have an easy AF day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Friday the 13th lovers. Golfing this morning at 9:40. Life is good. However, I feel somewhat concerned about a conversation I had with a college buddy. We were premed together. He went on to medical school while I fell in love with computing and computer science. He is a leading HIV research team at a prestigious NY medical center. He has a theory re: Covid and the fact that it was tweaked in a lab. He thinks (theory) that it was designed to morph into a virus that gets exponentially stronger, and if he is right, we could be in big trouble. So, I did some tossing and turning last night. However, I’m an optimist and will live my life w/o worrying about things outside my control.

In other news, I am eagerly going for another 24. Thinking about you @BidAl. I wish you all the best day/weekend possible. Blessings x
                      Last edited by techie; August 13, 2021, 06:47 PM.
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Sorry I have been off the board for a bit, but the hospital overnight, meds, etc I have spent most of my time on my back. Everything hurts and is oozing (and sticking my clothes to myself). Sorry if it's TMI.

I am not turning to alcohol for anything, and maybe this is a blessing in disguise. I find myself thinking bigger than I have been, and much more in terms of what I want instead of what I'm scared of. I should have died in that crash, I think it makes one think differently. I am lucky to be alive, and super lucky not to be paralyzed. My back does worry me though; it hurts. Three vertebra fractures that we know of, and they wouldn't have caught the third one if I hadn't solidly complained about my neck hurting. My foot is mangled. And I am covered in road rash.

But I'm OK. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Keeping you in my prayers [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I'm so sorry that you are in pain right now. I too, wonder if the accident was indeed a blessing in disguise. After reading your post, I definitely see a change in the way that you view alcohol. For myself, and many others, gratitude is one of the keys to maintaining sobriety. Day by day, your world will become a brighter place. Alcohol dulls everything, including optimism. Stay true to the path that you're on, and I promise that you won't regret it!

Geez [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I sure hope that your doctor friend is wrong about Covid. Very scary indeed!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

BigAl, I'm so sorry to hear of the pain you are experiencing and grateful that you survived. You are in my prayers. It seems as if you have been given a second chance.

I realize that I did not post yesterday although I was here and did read. I guess it just slipped my mind....after all, it was Friday the 13th! Something bad had to happen! Oh well, at least I was sober!

Happy Saturday one and all and let's all have another day of freedom!
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and happy saturday. Big Al, thanks for the update. So glad you are ok and wishing for a speedy recovery. Sounds like your road to recovery might take a while tho. Techie, I believe your friend. I saw a very interesting presentation by a doctor who stated we will never get rid of covid due to animal reservoirs which make vaccines impossible. He goes on to say other diseases where vaccinations work do not have animal hosts. Such as smallpox. Thats some food for thought. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X