X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
    73F and warm.
    Glad to see to are OK, Dill. Last night just before bed I saw the news, and said to myself, Dill's right in the path of that storm. So much damage, and the tornadoes were so bad one crossed the path where another had been. They had to use snowplows to remove debris from the interstate. tens of thousands without power. As Dill said, so far no reports of fatalities.
    An extra hug for you this morning [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION].
    take it easy out there today.
    24 more please
    Aww you're so sweet Mr.V but what is the hug for? Either way I'll take it
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was very summer like when we walked at 6:30 this morning. Gotta love this time of year!

I participated in an interesting webinar put on by one of the Parkinson groups I belong to. Lots of good things being done but no cure yet.

Dill, glad you were safe from the storm.

Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday af!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi friends. This is the first time I have sat down. We have been working to hard on this condo. We love it. Dill, so glad you are safe. How scary. Ginger, thanks for taking my place. I will send you some pics when it’s furnished. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please. I have to go back and find Stetsons video.......

Comment

Wednesday's Quote. I'm posting before I go to bed so it's there for you early risers!

"Happiness is not something
          readymade.
          It comes from your own
          actions."
          - *Dalai Lama XIV*

It's up to us. As I head to bed, I'm thankful for this past 24 hours AF. Life is so much better sober.

Comment

Thanks for the quotes today and yesterday, Ginger. Both were spot on!

Glad you are enjoying the condo Rava. Don't work too hard!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow! [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]......scary stuff about the storms! Glad that you are OK! Just one more reason to be grateful!

Asking for another sober day please and thank you very much!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I am so glad you are safe!!! :yay:It did not occur to me until YESTERDAY that you two have been affected by the tornadoes! My apologies! :-( . It's 5:54 AM in Wisconsin. I would like another 24 hours please as I have a business to run. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                  Aww you're so sweet Mr.V but what is the hug for? Either way I'll take it
                  I thought I saw this was the anniversary of Jon's death. Apologies if not. I'll give you a hug anyway.

74F already, warm and muggy, more storms today.
                  Got called into work yesterday because of the tornado damage, pulled a double shift. Regular guy covered the tornado stuff, me, sportsball stuff.
                  Working again today. Gotta run
                  24 more here please

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Darn hot already this morning 14C (60F), and still no rain in sight...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you pop in [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]! I agree, good to see that [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3268]Me[/MENTION] Vervill stayed out of harms way. Amazing the kind of damage Mother Nature can do when she gets a mind to do it!

Hope you're getting a bit of rest during all the excitement of readying a new place [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Your quotes have been great [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! As I read them each morning an figure out how they apply to me, I realize how many of them remind me that most everything that happens to me can be good, or bad, it all depends on my thoughts. My dad always said that happiness is just a state of mind, so you can always be happy if you keep a positive attitude! I always wondered what jury duty would be like, I guess it would depend on the type of trial, but I think it would still be a learning experience...
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 Mr.V yep it was around this time but I do miss him everyday anyways,thank you so much for thinking of me
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We had a spot of your bad weather, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I've never experienced rain and wind like that in WA state, ever! It was scary. Blue skies today, though. Weird!

Happy humpday. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, didn’t realize you were in harms way during those nasty storms. Glad you’re safe!

A beautiful sunny, summer day here. Jessie was quite distracted by the squirrels, prairie dogs and birds on our walk this morning. And today was the first day it was warm enough to wear shorts on the morning walk! Lucky people who weren’t yet up to witness the whiteness and bony knees!!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thursday quote - forgive me if I've already used this one! How do you guys keep track so you don't reuse? Looking for suggestions.

"The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person who is
                              doing it."
                              - Chinese Proverb
                              Last edited by Ginger999; May 29, 2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Another good quote yesterday [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! I too have trouble remembering whether or not I'm repeating a quote, but it's all good, I don't think that any of us mind!

I sat out on the back porch for a few minutes this morning, but it's still a little chilly to stay out for too long.

I rode Stetson for the first time yesterday, and thankfully, he was a perfect gentleman! Looking forward to many more rides, and can't wait to hit the trails!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X