No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:52 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Heading home today. It's been a great break from TV news. Hubby likes news on all the time. Yuck!

Dill, doesn't it feel good to accomplish home improvement things that would cost big bucks to hire out?

Going to take a hike then pack up to head home. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a very enjoyable walk this morning, finished our 6km route by 7:30.

Ginger, I’m a news junkie but have to admit I can’t watch all the nonsense going on in the world. It’s enough to drive a person to drink!! Well, not us fortunately.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Geez, I feel like I’ve abandoned everyone! These 15 hours days exhaust me both physically and mentally. I keep thinking that I should consider hanging up my farmer’s hat, then get excited that in 75 days we’ll be harvesting lol. Anyway, the rest of today, tomorrow, and half day Sunday should see the 2019 seeding season come to a close. The good Lord willing, it will happen as we predict. Still no rain and it’s getting worse daily, fire bans are everywhere, not even campfires in the Parks allowed. Looks like it’ll be another bad year for forest fires.

Sorry I haven’t been commenting on your quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], they have been excellent and have hit home in more ways than one.

Did Stetson get to his new home [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? And have you had a chance to get bucked off yet lol. Just kidding, I’m sure you’ve found the horse meant for you!

Just wondering what kind of fish you caught [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? Do you guys practice catch and release or frying pan ready lol.

I’ll catch up with everyone else in the days to come, just about finished this field and time to wing up and head to another. Have a great weekend y’all, and remember, no quitting on your quit!!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Praying for rain up your way, AB!
              Everyone's sounding good.. TGIF here, too.
              Happy to be at the end of another 24 af hours! Night..xx

Comment

Hubs caught walleye. One was huge! He gave it away to the friends we went with. Wasn't sure if hubs would want his pic posted so I blocked him out. Lol

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Supposed to be a hot and sunny Memorial Day weekend! No drinking for me this weekend even with the official start of summer. Ginger, my hubby watches news all the time. I have to wear my earbuds to watch other shows on my iPad. Jude, how is Stetson doing? Dill, way to go on helping your Mr. Fix it. ABC, you have been working way too hard. Maybe you can catch a break this weekend. Hope everyone else has a great weekend. I’m on my way to Florida to see our new little condo. Pretty excited as its just 5 am and I’m already biting at the bit to get to the airport! LOL. I should be so busy that there will be NO time in the schedule for a drink. Not even a celebratory drink! I am shutting that thought down.......I struggled all last summer with moderating. I am smart enough to know that moderation is for dreamers!
                  Last edited by Rava; May 25, 2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Great quote yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! For many years I felt so powerless over my drinking, never realizing that the strength to overcome it was always within me!

Nice fish [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Walleye's are delicious, and I'm sure that your friends will really enjoy it!

Wish that I could send you some of this rain [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! We are close to beating the record for the most rain in the month of May, and it's getting really old!

Stetson is doing well, but is in quarantine for a few more days, as he had a slight cough. Can't wait to ride him, and hopefully this time I will stay in the saddle!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.
                      ~Julius Caesar

And this brings a close to Roman Empire week! There was a lot of wisdom to be found all those years ago. I liked this one on self delusion as it is exactly what keeps many of us from changing once we begin to know we need to stop drinking. It is the wishful thinking that can keep us going down the wrong road. Rava, good for you keeping in mind the reality. Moderation is no longer possible for us!

Cowboy, I have definitely missed your usual presence but I realized this is your busy time. You'll be able to get some well needed rest very soon! I do hope the weather breaks and you get some rain so the seeds can start growing. Here in our area it has been too wet for farmers to be able to get out and plant! So far there is no end sight to this weather pattern. The upcoming week only shows one day of upcoming thunderstorms, so far. If this forecast holds maybe the farmers can scramble!

Wow Ginder! Great pic!

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

70F already, high about 90 today.
                          The pool opens today! That's where i'll be lol!
                          That's a huge walleye, Ginger! Good eating.
                          Thanks for the great quotes this week, Dill!
                          Welcome, Stetson, get well!
                          24 more here please

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dang, Jude! Hope Stetson is better soon.

Rava, have a great trip to see the new condo. Pictures please.

Cowboy, you're almost done! We'll be glad to have you back in the cafe sharing your wisdom.

Just got home yesterday afternoon and leaving today to go see hub's brother. Bro got a cancer diagnosis. Ugh... He hasn't even been retired a year.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Enjoy that pool, Mr V!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours pleas & thank you.

A late check in today. Jessie and I walked early again this morning and then I went to pick up my grandson to bring him back for an overnight stay. We’ve visited the local playground and planned our fishing trip for tomorrow morning. Ginger, that was an awesome walleye your hubby caught. Sadly we won’t see anything that spectacular tomorrow.

My 6 year old grandson informed me that peregrine falcons can fly at speeds up to 276kms/hr. I’m taking the rest of the day off now that I’ve learned something!

Have a great af weekend everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X