• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:44 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 84 which means I haven’t wasted $1,260

Sunny but cooler than it should be. Might just have to barbecue steaks for supper tonight.

Between now and then, more landscaping, a bike ride and a walk with my little buddy.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It reminds me how important our thoughts are. I know a lady I've met in my travels. She's the most negative person I believe I've ever encountered. She's litterly sick all the time. A perfect example of what happens when we get stuck in negative thinking. Sad :'(

Glad you are in a cab, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. The old day farmers were a special kind of tough! I can imagine you'd have fit right in had you been born back in the day.

@quit winning, isn't it amazing how much money we blew without really caring?

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I found the site and searched for Stetson but didn't find him. I ran across Pig Pen. I had to chuckle at the description "flashy". In his case that must equate to squirrelly!

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], how exciting about the condo! Pictures?

Getting a pretty good AT&T signal here this morning. Hope it sticks around!

Hello to Lifechange, Polly, Mr V and anyone else I missed!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, glad you’re still connected. I’d intended to wish you a safe trip and lots of fish but must have had a seniors moment. In my case Ginger, al money wasn’t wasted at the time, it was a necessary expenditure.

Jude, so glad you found a new horse. And Stetson is a much better name for a horse anyway! Enjoy, safely!

I’ve had a productive day so far and even got in a bike ride, not up to Mr V’s distance but not bad for the first of the season.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

To do no evil is good, to intend none better.
            ~Claudius

It's hard to control our thoughts completely but it is important to remember not to feed the wrong ones and encourage the right ones.

Wonderful news, Jude! I'm feeling that Stetson will bring you lots of happiness!

In a hurry this morning...have to go make the coffee for the hospital staffers!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

The forecast today is calling for sunshine with temps in the 60's! Woo hoo!

Great quote today [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Stetson arrives tomorrow, and I'm really excited, but also sad to see Levi going. It was a hard decision, but I know that it's for the best. He needs a super confident person that can stay on him if he decides to try and unload his rider!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Can’t wait to hear how Stetson does. ABC, you are so right you cant tell who has a drinking problem, it affects everyone, no discrimination. Hope everyone has a great day. Its supposed to be sunny but hot today. At least we shall see some sun! 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote!

No fish yesterday. Not even a nibble!

For some reason this morning, connectivity is spotty. Keeps dropping so making this short.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quotes this week! Wisdom for the ages for sure.
                        I used to collect Roman Imperial coins and have several from Caesar’s of the era, including Commodus, the villain in Gladiator. Coins were the newspapers of the time with stories of victories and major events recorded on them. I learned so much from collecting these coins.
                        A neat bit of trivia- who has heard of Agrippa? Not many but most have heard of Mark Antony. Agrippa was the person who defeated Mark Antony and Cleopatra. For those who learned something new just now, take the rest of the day off with pay!

Cool and a bit of rain this morning. Nothing like a wet dog in the house!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
                          ~Marcus Aurelius

QW, I think you would enjoy the Netflix series, Roman Empire! It starts the first season with Commodus.

24 more please.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sunny and 70° today, combined with the New horse arriving, makes me one happy lady!

Grateful for my sobriety, and asking for another 24 hours of bliss!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                                Thanks for the quote, Dill..
                                Jude, I tried to find your horse on the link you posted, but wasn't successful. I'm so happy for you!
                                ok time to read back. Hugs to all and here's to another 24 af hours..

Comment

Working...
                                X