No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roman Empire Week was great [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! As you said, they had some smarts back then, I wonder how many of them were alcoholics with all the wine that flowed freely lol. The one about letting outside influences affecting your thinking sure held true for me! But I often wonder if I didn’t blow them out of proportion just so I would have an excuse to drink. It wasn’t so much the outside influence, more the way I thought of it and reacted to it.

And today’s, boy, talk about being delusional! Never thought I had a problem, then when I kinda figured out I did, I convinced myself I wasn’t that bad. Never once did I consider what other people thought about my drinking, I drank pretty much like anyone else! What a joke that turned out to be!

Wow, nice walleye [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Had my mouth watering thinking about flipping the fillets in an egg/flour batter then popping them into a frying pan with butter and onions!! Sorry to hear about hub’s brother, hope it was early detection...

Have a safe trip south [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], pretty exciting to check out the new second home!! Hope you took along some technology to post here as it’s your week for QD! lol

That’s pretty much the norm around these parts regarding boarded horses [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], 7 - 10 days quarantine to watch for any symptoms of disease. You’ll be pulling that cinch strap tight before you know it!

How was the swim [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]? I’ll bet very refreshing after a 90F day!

Nothing like quality time with the grandkids eh [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I’ll have to upload a pic that I snapped first thing this morning after I left the camper, thought of you and Jesse immediately lol.

I haven’t been on FB for quite some time [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], but I presume you and the family are all doing fine!

Well, nuff’ for now, about 3 hours of seeding tonight and another 3 - 4 hours tomorrow and I get to move back in with Bubba and Hank!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi everyone!
      I checked in yesterday, but forgot to post.
      Had a great 24 af hours yesterday and today will be another great 24!
      Hugs to you all.. enjoy your Sundays!

Comment

Thank you for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Gives us a lot to think about doesn't it?
        [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] sorry about your BIL'S cancer diagnosis..Hopefully it was detected early.

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....your grandson sounds like one smart cookie! Did he get that from you????:smile:

Stetson is doing well, and has not coughed since he's been at the new barn. He can come out of quarantine tomorrow, so hopefully I can ride him soon! For those of you on FB, he is still on the Rubin livestock website. (horse division). Just scroll down until you see the name Stetson, and click on the you tube video link. I haven't been able to get any decent pics of him as I can't take him out of his stall.

Wishing you all another 24 hours on this Sunday morning! (Me too)

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

It's a beautiful morning out there, going to be a great day to finish seeding!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is ready folks!

That should be good for our cholesterol eh Mr V lol.

Comment

Right out the camper door yesterday morning. Quality isn't that great on my phone though...

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

74F this morning! Another hot one.
                  More photos!, Lol. The new condo, Stetson...
                  Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy! Too bad I can't eat it, lol. Well, maybe a little.
                  They're filming American Ninja Warrior here this weekend, son working on the crew. cool to watch
                  24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m on breakfast duty this morning and after looking at the brekkie Cowboy prepared, well, the bar has definitely been raised!

Jude, I can’t take credit for my grandson’s smarts unless there’s something in the genes that managed to skip me!! He’s a curious young man and is able to figure out things that would have frustrated me. I watched last evening as he assembled a Lego catapult which he then used to tease the dog. We’ll probably be finding kibble for days. Jessie won’t mind the hunt though.

Off to prepare brekkie and then head to the lake for some fun time fishing. I never had the opportunity to fish with either of my grandfathers, hope my grandson enjoys the experience.

Great photo of the deer Cowboy. Jessie and I saw one close by on our walk yesterday morning. What a treat!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Everyone sounds great! Happy Sunday.

Found BIL in good spirits. He'll know more about the path forward when he meets his oncologist again on the 19th. Going to stay an extra day and help SIL with some house stuff.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Stetson's a bute, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Hope he's on the trails soon!

Stetson - YouTube

Comment

Jude, Stetson looks great! Thanks for posting the You Tube link Ginger.

We caught 1 trout and one snag fish. We had a great time and hopefully we have many more opportunities to fish together.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; May 26, 2019, 01:06 PM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Nice posts this morning. So nice to see a slice of the various lives! We have both grand kids here over night last night and have been enjoying outdoor fun. Yesterday we stepped out for some ice cream and when we got back a half hour later Tessa presented us with a freshly killed groundhog. :egad: It made the mistake of entering her territory apparently!

24 hours please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Late check in for me. I’m supposed to do quotes this week but wont be able. Can someone switch with me? I barely have internet and have to get the cable set up this week. Thanks I will switch with anyone that offers! Hope everyone has a good night. ANother 24 for me please.

Comment

I'll do it, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] but you owe me some condo pictures. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X