No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hank and I get into some pretty deep discussions, and it's amazing how many words they do learn. He'll always answer me with a bark or a look in his eye, they say so much with their eyes! We always say grace before meals and we make sure Hank says them along with us lol. The kids get quite the kick out of it and they usually initiate grace when they're home just to hear Hank bark along.

Speaking of Hank, he had his eye surgery on Monday. He had a cyst growing under one eyelid and he was continually scratching it, causing his eye to be bloodshot and constantly watering. He did good, came through the anesthetic and surgery with flying colors, but hates having his "lampshade" on lol. Been quite the year for my boy and me, but it looks like we'll both get through it okay!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

The real "Ginger" is always a part of any conversation. She loves to whine her responses. The unconditional love they give us is humbling. We could take a lesson from our furry friends.

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

Glad to read the comments from other pet owners and glad I’m not alone in talking to my dog! I used to have a license plate on my truck that said “The more people I meet, the better I like my dog”.

Another mild day here with a high of 7C expected. Not too bad for December.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday af.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for the good thought today. It takes courage to share your story. I don't think I have the courage to share mine except with close friends and here on this anonymous forum, but I so very much appreciate others that share theirs publicly.

I talk to my dog too and I'm sure she understands me better than anyone else in the whole wide world!
          Last edited by dill; December 20, 2018, 03:41 PM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"True happiness comes from gaining insight and growing into your best possible self. Otherwise all you're having is immediate gratification pleasure, which is fleeting and doesn't grow you as a person."
            ~Aristotle

This much I know: there is no personal growth possible when our energies are focused on drinking.

24 more through the daylight and the dark please, and thank you
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Winter Solstice is here and it's a balmy 55F with wind and rain, with snow ❄ in the forecast tomorrow. I was actually able to sit out on the back porch and have my coffee this morning!

Thanks for the quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! We live in a society where instant gratification is seen as something desirable. Doesn't work for us alkies though...that's part of what got us into trouble in the first place!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!
              Last edited by Jude58; December 21, 2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

+1C (34F) this morning. It rained overnight and now there is a freezing rain, snow, and high wind warning for today! Just great, I have to head to the bright lights to pick up Brandie this morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Too funny, but when I read today's quote I didn't think about drinking at all, I thought the opposite. It brought to mind the "dry drunk syndrome" and how I suffered that the few times I strung together some AF time. I had to learn to grow into my sobriety, to accept it and embrace it for what is was; the best and only solution for me! I'm still growing into my sobriety, but that growing only makes me a better and happier person! Have a fantastic day my friends!

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Another good quote. Safe travels, Cowboy.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cold, rain and snow. Isn't that the name of a song? Lol! Well, flurries later.
                          Glad for the solstice to be here, so we can start looking forward to more daylight. Lot's of winter still to go, but that's OK. I don't mind winter, just the endless grey skies here.
                          24 more please.
                          Last edited by Mr Vervill; December 21, 2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I'm with you, Mr. V.. give me some sunshine and I'm fine with the cold!
                            Great quote again, Dill..
                            Happy to see all of you here today.. thought I'd already been by this a.m., but no.
                            I'm at the end of another af day and looking forward to a good night's sleep.. Vacay time and no stress, so hope it greets me tonight.xx

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My day started with a quick visit to a local retailer to buy a few stocking stuffers at great sale prices. I feel for the staff who work in retail this time of year as there are a lot of cranky people out there.

I hope everyone enjoyed a great af Friday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning another 24 for me please. So happy that the days will be getting longer from now on. Another reason to celebrate besides my newfound sobriety. Looking all all the good in things and working on forming a positive attitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X