~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, that is such great news! I could tell by the video on FB that he was a gentleman. Here's hoping you enjoy many, many happy trails!

Ginger, I have actually kept a list of my quotes by date posted. But there are so many that I don't ever bother to go back and double check if I am duplicating. After all, if a quote was worth posting once, it's worth posting twice! Your quote today was really good. It goes to attitude, once again. The "can do" spirit is the one that gets things done!

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], it's great to see you!! :yay: Thanks for stopping in friend, and for the well wishes! They said on the news last night that there were officially 10 tornadoes that touched down in our area that night. Most were EF3 with one EF2. I am so grateful that none touched down near us and I feel so sorry for the people that were so hard hit. We went to our basement that night when the news reported that the heart of the storm had our little town in it's cross-hairs. Thankfully for us it manifested in high winds, constant lightning and heavy rain, but no tornado.

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Hot again today and the a/c trouble calls are starting to roll in...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, whether the quote was used before or not [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], it's a good one! More on it later in my post. I too have to try and think back if I've used a certain quote, but as [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] said, does it really matter! If the quote hits home enough to use it more than once, then there's a good message in it for all of us. Not sure about the rest of you, but after a while, all the quotes start sounding the same to me, and that's the reason that we went to everyone helping out. I still get a lot out of them, but if anyone has any ideas on replacing the daily quote with something different, I'm all ears lol.

I remember back to my first soberversary, Bubba was still going to the occasional Al-Anon meeting but I had quit going to AA long before that. She came home from an open meeting (AA, Al-Anon, friends and family together) and mentioned that everyone was asking about me. One of the AA'ers who was a constant slipper just like me told Bubba he didn't believe I was sober for a year, that I was still secretly drinking. He claimed there was no way I could be sober after quitting AA! Well, I guess I proved him wrong! And that's what MWO is all about, people accepting the fact that there are many ways to get sober, and not one way works for everyone! I sometimes think about going to an AA meeting just to see how everyone is doing, but I don't want to walk into a meeting claiming AA isn't the answer for everyone lol.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions about the quotes. I just won't worry about it then! I like that idea best :•)

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], great news about Stetson. I bet you two will have many wonderful rides together.

House is on hold again. This is going to be a long process with our project being a "fill-in" for my son's company. Hoping to get some dedicated time in a couple of weeks. This is a test of my patience! lol

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

68F light rain
              Thankfully the tornadoes here were all 40 miles or so away. Last count, 17 tornadoes, 11 officially confirmed.
              It doesn't matter to me if quotes are repeated, sometimes they need to be, to get the message through my thick skull, lol. Or sometimes I hear it a little differently.
              24 more here please

Comment

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another beautiful summer like day here. Jessie and I finished our walk by 7:30, had brekkie and cut the lawn. Nice to have the outdoor activities done when cool.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday, af of course!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; May 30, 2019, 09:22 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Friday quote:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
                    - Maya Angelou - 1928 - 2014

This is so true! I recall many times I failed to follow this rule and lived to regret it. Our words are so very powerful. Here's to choosing our words wisely. Remaining AF sure helps with that!
                    Last edited by Ginger999; May 30, 2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Asking for another sober 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning cafe, Its 6 am and my last day at the condo. We fly home tomorrow and we can rest! LOL. We are too old for this crap but the excitement pushes us on! Sounds like everyone is doing well and staying sober. I have lost track of time and dear ABC reminded me that I have been sober 6 months. Thats awesome! Thanks so much ABC for setting me straight. I dont think I would be in this situation if I was still drinking. It would have been too scary to travel away for long periods of time without my drinks and prescription meds. Now I dont need either. How freeing is that. Free to come and go without the noose. Jude, I’m glad Stetson is a better fit for you. You have lots of time to enjoy him. Ginger, what’s that Tom Petty song, The waiting is the hardest part. I am hearing that in my head as you mentioned having to wait for your sons business to get back to you. Hope there are no future tornados for those living in those areas. We have hurricanes which are pretty scary too! Wishing every one a great day! Thanks for all of your support!!!

Comment

Today is supposed to be our last one in this wet/stormy weather pattern. Clear skies tomorrow and some nice very cool weather next week. Maybe I can finally get caught up out in the yard. The weeds have been laughing at me, I can just feel it! LOL

Another good quote Ginger and I will take it to heart today. I have been on the grumpy side lately and I need to make sure I turn that around so I don't run the risk of hurting someone's feelings.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

A cool morning finally, 4C (40F), a few days break from the heat, but still no rain....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Well, I kinda sorta got caught up on everything since seeding ended. Geez [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], you on some kind of diet?? I see you on FB and it looks like you're the thinnest I've ever seen you, time to get some meat on those bones lady! And great job on getting through those drinking thoughts, you're stronger than anything the AV can throw at you!

Thanks for the pics [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], Mother Nature can be so destructive...

With this new condo [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], will you be taking a half year off and wintering in Florida like the Snowbirds from up here do in Arizona lol.

An interesting quote this morning [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], made me think back to all the mean, disrespectful things I said to those around me...funny thing is, I've made an about face. I don't join in on most conversations going on around me as much as I used to, and I'm more apt to keep my opinions to myself unless asked. Just a kinder, gentler me I suppose...

Have a great weekend y'all, might get a chance to pop in tonight, if not, see youse in the morning. It's Cake Day in the Café tomorrow!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; May 31, 2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

63F with rain. You can take some of the rain Cowboy. We've already had 70% of our annual rainfall already this year.
                                I was lucky enough to meet Maya Angelou several years ago, she made me feel good, really.
                                24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X