No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:09am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully you'll heal up as good as new [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and as [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] said, gratitude will get you through a lot of things!

Well, we got started harvest yesterday, did one field of peas but switched over to barley as it was too hot out at 33C(92F) and the peas were cracking as they got thrashed. We'll stay on barley till the weather cools down next week. Some of the other farmers are combining the peas at night when the temp drops, but thankfully we're not doing that!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Big AL I'm sending healing vibes,I'm so sorry for your pain it must feel awful waves to the gang and hope we all have a great AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Well it seems that science and common sense has delayed scheduled re-opening plans in Alberta for an additional 6 weeks. An ER doctor has been holding daily protest rallies to ensure re-opening plans are safely done and our rising case numbers prove him right. This isn’t the time for politicians to be putting the economy ahead of public health. Incidentally, our premier and health minister were nowhere to be seen when the announcement was made. Funny how they are front and centre when it’s good news.
          Our son the butcher is covering for the vacationing chef at his work in addition to his duties. The front of house manager, unvaccinated, was recently diagnosed with Covid so he’s now taking on front of house duties as well. Today is supposed to be a day off for him but they are catering a wedding which means he’ll have at least a 12 hour day.

It’s another hot & dry weekend so an early walk in the cooler temps is about to happen.

Big Al, thanks for your post, I know it can’t be easy when you’re in pain. So glad you found the Cafe!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, your injuries sound awful! Praying for a speedy recovery for you. We you get back on a bike after this? Just curious.

Techie, that's scary but thanks for sharing.

Covid is exploding in our home town. My niece is an ER nurse and is vaccinated but still caught covid. She's day three and continuing to get worse. Her 9yo son has tested positive now too.

I'm hoping for another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hopeful souls. Hot as a restaurant kitchen on a Saturday night here. The smoke is back too, making me a bit grumpy. As I’m sure you all realize, I need the outdoors and my exercise routine daily. So, I’ll go downstairs and use the bowflex. In other news, my labs came back from Stanford and I’m concerned. It could mean cancer is returning but I’ll tamp down that thinking until I gave my telemedicine call on the 27th. In the meantime I will cut back on the red meat (which I love) and include more plant based stuff in my diet. Also, I’ll need to keep off the bike as the long rides could be skewing my blood work results. So, with a deep sense of gratitude I will do another 24. I wish [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] a great healing day and you all the best day possible. Blessings from The Sierras x
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Positive thoughts are headed your way techie!

Just realized that today is number 900 for me. Never thought I’d make it this far.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Awesome progress, QW. Congratulations for 900!
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], sending you the best vibes I can and hoping for nothing but positivity. QW, wow, 900 days. That is such an accomplishment I almost don't have words to describe.

I appreciate all the thought and prayers. I'm slowly healing up. A black eye came this morning out of nowhere, maybe they are belated sometimes? Other than that just licking my wounds and hobbling around (I think I may have a broken toe, but I have a Doc appointment on Monday). I certainly hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday and I will be looking for another sober day tomorrow. So 24 more for me please and thanks.

Oh, and I think I will selling the v-twin cruiser that is still in the garage. I've ridden my whole life, but this is just too weird to live with. Something happened to cause a massive crash, but due to concussion I will never know what it is. A very odd thing to keep in my head.

Comment

Techie hoping that you have good news during your telemedicine appointment. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Wow QW! 900 days of sobriety! You are an inspiration to us all!

The coyotes are particularly vocal this morning. I love hearing them, although I understand that they are not everyone's favorite animal.

Asking for another blessedly AF day!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

A bit late with breakfast this morning lol, giving myself some extra shut-eye during the late night harvest season.

Last edited by abcowboy; August 15, 2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Huge congrats on those 900 days [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], great work!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the congrats on 900 days. It’s been tough at times but so worth it.

Taking Mrs QW for a MRI this morning, the results of which will be available when we meet her neurologist Tuesday.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy. It seems like you just finished planting and now you’re right into harvesting. It’s been a tough year for farmers with drought, heat and smoke in southern Alberta. Hope things are better up North.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Great job on 900 days QW waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X