• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Worry does nothing to
    change the future it only robs today
    of its strength

So let's focus on today and make it another day of freedom. We'll let tomorrow take care of itself! 24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Monday morning all! Wow Cowboy, I loved your train table and set up. Thanks for that breakfast yesterday also! Mr. R had one also before we moved. All of his trains are in storage. Maybe someday he will get back into it. Right now we don’t have any room. Ginger, hope you have a wonderful vacation and safe travels. Big AL, excellent that you made it sober and came out the other side being accountable!!! Hi to Dill, Jude, Pauly, Techie, QW and anyone else I missed. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Maybe you could hit the hotel's fitness center or swimming pool in your downtime [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]? Anything to help break the boredom of that alone time in your room...

Thanks for the comments everyone, I spend more time pondering my layout than actually adding to it lol, but that's what makes it fun and challenging. Hank doesn't like going down into this basement so he has yet to see the train, and no, we don't have any cats [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], can't even imagine how much fun a cat would have up on the tracks lol.

Love that quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], all we need to do is handle today...
          Last edited by abcowboy; August 9, 2021, 07:10 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

That’s a great set up for your trains Cowboy. Do you have striped coveralls and hat to wear when you run the trains? On a trip to Arizona a few years ago, we took the Verde Canyon train at Clarkville. In the gift shop, we bought our grandson striped coveralls and a very realistic and loud train whistle. Funny, we never saw the whistle again, can’t imagine why!

All in favour of joining Ginger at the beach? I’m in. Have a safe trip and fabulous time Ginger. Hope you’re able to check in with your Cafe buddies.

Another week with several appointments. I sure wish someone would figure out how to lessen the PD side effects that plague Mrs QW.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Monday all,QW my mom is a huge trigger for me, we have a strange relationship cuz we weren't even close until I started drinking it was only then that we bonded,which is really sad and makes me question everything about my life and wonder how different I and my siblings would be now if we had a "normal" mom growing up so I understand your hesitancy about your brother coming,Cowboy, the train setup is coming along,looks really good, Mick on the abbers thread is a train enthusiast as well waves to to gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Awesome train set, ABC! That does look like fun.

Heading out! Hope we all have an easy 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and model train lovers. Wonderful train set layout, ABC. Love it. The smoke has cleared as the winds have shifted. I tee off at 9:10. The Dixie Fire has reached 500k acres and it is destroying so much of gold country and its history. I have decided to go another 24 with a deep sense of gratitude. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Safe travels [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Morning all! Pauly, your post hit home for me. My mother and sister are both heavy drinkers and when I stopped drinking, they spend a lot of time denying their drinking and keeping all kinds of secrets from me. Very strange indeed. I’m better off living far away. Today is my volunteer day so I’m up early and heading out soon. Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I saw Mick's train layout [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I think it was part of the reason that I decided to get into model trains as well. His is a lot more advanced than mine but mine will get there over time.

Not sure how long the trip will take you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but I hope you make it safe and sound!

Comment

Rava, I understand you having to protect yourself from the effects of your Mom and sister's somewhat toxic behavior. I would too if I were in your shoes. At the party last Friday one of the guests suggested to me that we should go to the bar and get a Manhattan in my bro's memory. I immediately said no, I just want a ginger ale. She began to gently pressure me and as we walked toward the bar I had this fear that she would speak up first and order two of them. I worried that I would have to again say no thank you I just want a ginger ale and worried about it having to repeat an even firmer statement while at the bar. Luckily, she got distracted on the way to the bar by another guest and I easily ordered a ginger ale. I don't know what it is about drinkers that makes them want others to drink too, but I'm pretty sure I was guilty of that behavior too when I imbibed.

Cowboy, that's the fun of it!! It is a long term hobby that can be enjoyed over time. Michael Angelo didn't do the Sistine Chapel in a day, after all!!!

So, another 24 please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I once had a quit end when a “friend” bought me what was supposed to be a non-alcoholic beverage. He did it on purpose so that I would have more fun. And as soon as the glass neared my lips, I knew it had al. I could smell it. But, I drank it anyway and we know where things go from there. If I’ve learned anything about giving up al, it is critical to protect our quits, no matter what.

We bought new a washer & dryer set yesterday to replace the ones that came with the condo. The first store we went to was a discount appliance store that advertised up to 70% off retail prices. Essentially it was a warehouse full of mismatched appliances, some new, some refurbished and one employee in sight. Next we went to a retailer with a fancy showroom, professional looking, knowledgeable staff and a huge selection of every appliance imaginable. The salesperson asked a lot of questions and determined what would suit our needs best. He showed us 3 sets of washers & dryers and we ended up buying middle of the road in price and features. Yes we paid more than the warehouse store would have cost us but we got what we wanted and I feel a lot better about the quality of our warranty. And the prices at the warehouse store were nowhere near the 70% off they advertise.

I’m off for a walk in cloudy, damp weather. I doubt the hot air balloons that I often see will be flying this morning.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day! Rava, I'm glad someone can relate to that strange mother/daughter relationship I have,thought I was the only one,iys like you love your family and yes want that bond but like Dill said,it's toxic thats it,it's just hard.
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X