~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It looks like we've had a lot of ice overnight. My car is coated with it, and the road out front looks treacherous. So glad that I don't have to drive anywhere today.

I hope that you are doing OK [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. If you can do so, please keep us posted whenever you can.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Wow cowboy! I'm actually able to partake in breakfast today. Guess that it pays to sleep in. Thank you, it looks yummy!

Comment

That breakfast looks delicious! Thanks Cowboy!

QW, I was intrigued by your mention of 4 ingredient no rise bread so naturally had to search on it. It looks fantastic! I am wondering if I found the same recipe as the one you used. It seemed simple enough to do, but it took several hours. I am going to give it a try of course! Not sure when. One bad thing about winter is that I find I eat too much! I love cooking and being shut up indoors gives me plenty of time to do it. Yesterday I made black bean curry, beef curry and served them over rice. Right in the middle of preparing that, my gdaughter texted and asked if she could come for an overnight. She is no fan of curry so that meant I had to put together something for her as well! Spaghetti and meat sauce with peas and cheese/garlic bread. What a mess to clean up! But all hands were on deck so the 3 of us made quick work of it.

24 more, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; January 9, 2022, 11:09 AM.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I’m glad you’re going to try the bread recipe. Salt, water, yeast and flour are the only ingredients. The rising time for the dough is 18-24 hours so a bit of planning is needed. I bake mine in a 5qt Dutch oven but wish I had a smaller one so that the loaf would be higher. 30 minutes in the oven with the lid on, 15 minutes without and it’s ready. So good with soups, chili, spaghetti.

Rava, I’m one of those people you see driving alone and wearing a mask but I do it because most of my trips are short, the building we live in has a mask wearing requirement and most destinations, ie stores, also require masks be worn. I wear behind the ear hearing aids and the elastic ear straps on the masks inevitably get tangled with the hearing aids and I’m forced to take them out every time the mask comes off. On longer drives though I do take the mask off. My hearing aid entanglements are yet one more reason I’m looking forward to the end of Covid!

Another awesome brekkie Cowboy, thanks!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], thinking of you!

Not much happening around these parts. Went over to the neighbors for happy hour. I did not want to go because, we all know why! What a surprise. There was no AL in sight. We visited for an hour and came home. It was lovely!

I'm in for 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers everywhere. I read until about 3am. I got do into the book, I didn’t realize 3 1/2 hours past since I opened it. So, perhaps a nap today is in order. Great breakfast, Cowboy. So, off on a looong run. It is with extreme appreciation for the sober life that I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best Sunday possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                Glad to hear you got the jab [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], a little bit of discomfort from the vaccine is a lot better than the alternative!

Looks like I have another date with the shovel and snowblower. Lots of snow yesterday and still falling a bit this morning. The good news is that we'll finally get back to normal seasonal temps next week!
                Got another half meter Thursday-Friday. I don't think I've ever seen this much snow come down within a couple weeks, even though I grew up in the interior of BC. The normal temps could be a blessing and a curse here, because I don't know what's gonna happen with the heavy rain that we're supposed to get, coming down on all that snow.
                Last edited by Mulburry; January 10, 2022, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. QW thanks for the explanation about driving alone with a mask. Your explanation makes a lot of sense. I will be more careful to express my harsh opinion without thinking first. Another week of painting so hopefully our place will be done this week. My little dog is very sick and as soon as the vet opens Im taking him in. He is hunched over and can barely walk. It happened suddenly yesterday. He is 12 so we will see what the vet says. If I can’t get an appt at my vet I’m taking him the the pet ER. Fingers crossed. Wishing everyone an alcohol free day. Miss you Big Al. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I haven't made that bread yet QW, but your recipe is exactly what I found in my search and it looks amazing! As you said, it will take planning because of the amount of time that goes into it and timing it to come out of the oven at the right time to accompany the meal. But I'll work it out!!

Mulburry, it sounds like you are in for some kind of mess. If that rain turns to ice on top of that snow it could be rough going!

Techie, it sounds like you are feeling much better. I hope you enjoyed your looong run. I am not now and never have been a distance runner. I do enjoy a long walk though.

Did I mention Mr. D and I are trying to buy a Rav 4 EV? I say 'trying' because buying a car at his point in time is a trying endeavor! We are on a wait list and pretty much will have to take what we can get when and if the kind of car we want comes in. It's crazy. We want a plug in electric vehicle. They are harder and harder to find. But our Volt is 10 years old now and we really need to replace it. So we wait.

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have the same problem with masks and my hearing aids [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], have to be very careful taking the mask off so as not to lose one of them! I had a bit of a chuckle reading about [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] with their air pods, we wear ours from morning to night lol. Pretty handy that you can bluetooth them to just about anything.

That's a lot of snow [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]! Our oldest daughter sent some pics of the frozen rain on top of the snow, even though it looked beautiful in the street lights, I can't imagine how you would deal with it.

I'll bet that is one happy hour you really enjoyed [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], nothing to tempt you!

Hopefully it's nothing too serious with your dog [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], have my fingers crossed for you!

The car dealer lots here are very empty as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], they are having trouble getting any stock in. The guy in the service department told me it was a lack of semi-conductors for all the electronics in the vehicles is what's holding them up in the factory, who knows if he's right though. But I am also experiencing some difficulty getting any electronic control boards for heating equipment, so there just might be some truth to that.

Thinking of you as well [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and hoping things are going good for you!

What a crazy country we live in up here, last week was in the -40 range, this week is supposed to see some above freezing temps! I'll take it lol.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I didn’t think your comment was harsh. It does look strange to see someone driving alone wearing a mask. Odd though, more and more people are wearing masks while alone in a vehicle, maybe there’s a lot more people wearing our style of hearing aid Cowboy or maybe it’s just perceived protection from Covid.
                          Most of the time I don’t even know my hearing aids are in but taking off a mask is a reminder and the reason the air sometimes turns blue!!

I hope your pup gets well Rava. Such a worry when they’re sick.

Mulberry, that’s a lot of snow! Hopefully when it melts the moisture will help reduce forest fires risk later this year. The BC interior is beautiful country. The Kamloops area is one of my favourite places.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], sure hope that you were able to get your pup into the vet yesterday and that it's nothing serious.

Bitter cold and windy this morning. The northern part of the state had a couple of feet of snow dumped on them, but this area was spared. Something to be grateful for I guess.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], thinking of you.

Rava, how's your pup today? Fingers crossed they figured things out. Poor guy.

QW, thank you for explaining the mask vs hearing aids phenomenon! At the price of that technology you sure don't want to fling one off!

Techie, you can run when your feeling crappy? You're a machine!

I'll take another 24 with my friends here in the Cafe!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                                [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], thinking of you.

Rava, how's your pup today? Fingers crossed they figured things out. Poor guy.

QW, thank you for explaining the mask vs hearing aids phenomenon! At the price of that technology you sure don't want to fling one off!

Techie, you can run when your feeling crappy? You're a machine!

I'll take another 24 with my friends here in the Cafe!
                                I was feeling better, over the worst. The exercise stimulates the immune system. Of course you need to rest while in the worst of it!
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X