No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:49am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rise and shine y'all, it's time for breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy AF Sunday to us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, 3 border collies! How much fun is that? We’ve had 2 border collies over the years and they were the best pets and walking companions. I figure that Kristie and I walked over 25,000kms, over 15,500 miles, in our 14 1/2 years together. We have so many wonderful memories of her. Mrs QW commissioned an artist to do a painting of Kristie and we have that displayed in our living room. Dogs are the best!

Techie, great pic of your pup! Give her a scratch behind the ears from me. I hope all goes well at the doc’s tomorrow. How’s Mrs Techie’s recovery? Hope she’s progressing well.

Big Al, wish you were joining your Cafe friends for another fabulous Cowboy prepared brekkie! We know you can do this!!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; October 24, 2021, 09:08 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], thinking of you!

Our first great grandson made his appearance at 3am this morning. It was a long night for our granddaughter but she stayed the course! Can't wait to meet the little guy. We will probably head to see them in the morning. Then leave for AZ Thursday.

Techie, hoping you and Mrs can get to the bottom of all the residual issues with the accident.

Sounds like we are all dog lovers. I had a small dog that was a hiking fool and she made it to 18! Her hiking stopped around her 15th year. She was a machine and loved the trail. It was heartbreaking when we had to start leaving her behind. Ugh

Well, I'm ready for that yummy breakfast and 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and cool weather lovers. Wonderful breakfast, Cowboy. Perfect for a chilly rainy October morning. I’m doing better today. Mrs. T has not been sleeping so I hope the docs have answers. I was to leave yesterday for a week long wilderness hike in the Sierras. I told the group I couldn’t go and about the accident. The Sierras are getting heavy snow so that’s another reason I would not go. My friends are all ex military and three have done search and rescue in The Sierras and Rocky Mountains. While I LOVE the challenges, I’m not up to that type of experience anymore. I’m also the oldest of the group.

Busy week ahead. So, with deep appreciation and gratitude, I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day and week ahead possible. Blessings x

Congratulations Ginger!!!

Thinking of [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]
              Last edited by techie; October 24, 2021, 12:08 PM.
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Yummy breakfast, Cowboy. As ever, thank you!!

Yes we are a dog-loving bunch here, Ginger. And we also had a couple of border collies over the years. One was a perfect companion for the the kids and never tired of playing ball and frisbee. The other wasn't so great with kids and could not be trusted around non family members. The two couldn't have been more different!

I hope you get to the bottom of what's going on with you since the accident, Techie. Hopefully it will just be a matter of time before all returns to normal for you and Mrs. T.

QW, I hope you and Mrs. Q can find out what the cause of the weight loss is.

Big congrats to Great Grandma Ginger and family!!!

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats Great Grandma Ginger!! That’s awesome news!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good afternoon and Happy Sunday. Sorry I missed breakfast but we are finally at the hotel and I took a shower. Feels good to relax before we get up at the crack of dawn to fly home. Congrats Ginger on your great grandson! How exciting for your family. Techie, hope you and Mrs Techie turn the corner with your issues from the accident. It must be hard for you both as active as you are. Thinking of Big Al and wishing him well. Hi to everyone else and hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Hopefully we will be back home tomorrow by lunchtime. Pending no major airline delays…… Fingers crossed. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                      Good afternoon and Happy Sunday. Sorry I missed breakfast but we are finally at the hotel and I took a shower. Feels good to relax before we get up at the crack of dawn to fly home. Congrats Ginger on your great grandson! How exciting for your family. Techie, hope you and Mrs Techie turn the corner with your issues from the accident. It must be hard for you both as active as you are. Thinking of Big Al and wishing him well. Hi to everyone else and hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Hopefully we will be back home tomorrow by lunchtime. Pending no major airline delays…… Fingers crossed. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
                      Safe travels, Rava!
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Congrats on your new great grandson Ginger!

Yes QW, having 3 Border Collie's is a lot of fun! They are not for everyone due to their high energy levels. Thankfully, we have a couple of acres enclosed with invisible fencing. I would never be able to walk them enough to keep up with their energy needs! They are all very sweet, loving and super smart!

I think that you are wise in foregoing the hiking trip [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. It sounds as though Mrs. T needs you now, and you have your own recovery to deal with as well.
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it sounds as though your life is a little hectic right now, but this too, shall pass!
                        [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hope that you are doing well. It will all be worth it in the end!

I'd be grateful for another 24!

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That's great news for a great Grandma [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! I can see a baby boy getting very spoiled in the future!

Safe travels home [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], then the fun begins turning your new house into your new home!

Hopefully you and Mrs. T are turning the corner on your injuries [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], we don't heal quite as quick as we used to!

Think of you most everyday [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! We're all waiting for the day you get back to the Café and share the things you learned...

Waves to everyone else I didn't mention, it's great to have friends like y'all!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, wish you were close by and could solve some ongoing technical issues I seem to be having with pretty much everything electronic! Todays challenge is to get the printer to communicate with my laptop and iPad.
                              Good choice to forego hiking with your buddies. Heal first, then resume your active lifestyle.

Another challenge today will be dealing with a credit card company that told me I could change account types seamlessly. The account number would remain the same and pre-authorized charges would be processed through the new account. I did what they said and 2 days letter got an email from Apple saying that my credit card had been declined so unless I made immediate arrangements to pay, my services would be reduced. The amount involved? $1.29.

Sure glad I don’t drink!

Big Al, hope you’re doing well.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Monday everyone!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X