~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Back home now. It was a nice weekend. I’m going through a sluggish phase though.

I like the idea of high tea for a wedding, QW!
    Mr. V, that’s amazing to me that only 2 of 8 wedding guests at a table were drinking!
    I never mind toasting with water or lemonade though.

Asking for 24 more hours please
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Morning all! I hear you, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

Another busy week at the property. I'm thankful to be going through this process unhung. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.
        ~Og Mandino

It's still dark here as I post this, and not even stars! Thick clouds instead. But I know the stars are there!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Love that quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I can't see the stars �� today either dill, but like you, I know that they are there!

I'm hearing a lot of crickets lately.....another sure sign that Fall is near.

Congrats on one year [MENTION=3270]ginger[/MENTION] 999! Quite the milestone!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Not a bad morning out there, might go for another 9 holes this morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Got in 9 holes of golf yesterday, there's no 18 hole golf courses close by...think I'll do another nine this morning...

Last edited by abcowboy; August 13, 2019, 07:00 PM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quotes so far this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! No matter how bleak and dark things may seem, just keep remembering the stars are still shining...

When I'm out by myself in the early morning, walking and hitting the ball (and looking for the errant ones that find their way into the bush lol) it gives me time to think. At peace without distractions is the most opportune time to think about things, I get to work through the things that seem to be upsetting me, things I don't agree with, and try to come to some compromise in my mind. Usually by the end of the 9 holes I'm in a much better state of mind, ready to tackle the rest of the day knowing I don't have the answer to everything going on around me. And I've learned that if I have no answers, no solutions, them I just have to let it go knowing that it will work itself out in the end....

ps: As you can tell, I'm still trying to figure out the camera function on my new phone lol.
                  Last edited by abcowboy; August 13, 2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Beautiful pictures Cowboy yes that's why I love my walks,clear my head and do some soul searching,5:49 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

73F muggy and overcast
                      Pics look great cowboy!
                      Shining on here.
                      24 more please

Comment

Great quote, Dill. ABC, that's a beautiful course. What a challenge! Enjoy the time to ponder.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Such an inviting golf course, Cowboy! Looks like you figured out the camera function on your new phone, now if only other tangled life issues were that easy...

Hope you got the TV mounted on the wall, Rava. Now you’re getting way more challenging than hanging a picture!

I was hearing crickets Up North this past weekend too, Jude. I guess it is a sign of Fall.

Good luck on your house as you finish building it, Ginger. Yes, and it’s good that you came back here a year ago, since a lot of clear thinking is being demanded of you with the building process!

I agree with you too, Dill. Even on the local level, we have an inflammatory political talk show host who spews outright lies and half-truths about actual local happenings, designed to get everyone riled up & polarized. He is allowed to do this because it’s considered “entertainment radio”. But people think they’re getting actual facts and real news from him, when they’re not! I’m surprised that such a thing is allowed.

Requesting 24 more hours AF please.
                          Last edited by Slo; August 13, 2019, 08:43 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Home after 18 hours in transit and a fabulous trip to Melb’n, as the locals say. Melbourne is a very culturally diverse community that welcomes different ethnicities and in fact, embraces immigration. They have done this beautifully and many cities and countries could learn from their experience. One of the many benefits of this diversity is the number of small ethnic restaurants and shops that successfully operate without racially motivated distrust and hatred. Well done Melb’n!

Now as far as my scattered brain is concerned, it’s trying to figure out how to adjust to a 16 hour time difference.

Nice to be home with my girls.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful golf course cowboy!
                              Last edited by Jude58; August 14, 2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X