~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Jude I am up early too. Sick of laying in bed staring at the ceiling. We managed to hang a bunch of pictures yesterday and that went smoothly. Hard to believe. LOL Most of our hard stuff is done and hopefully we can start to enjoy this place. Been waiting anxiously for our rug to be delivered only to find out there was a mix up with shipping. UGH. Hopefully we can get that squared away before we head back home next week. Another 24 for me please. Been too busy to even consider missing drinking!

Comment

“To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask?” - Jim Rohn

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Cool, cloudy, and a light rain falling....what else is new??

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I didn't have "Mr Handyman" in mind when I chose this mornings quote lol, but it seems to fit right in! I find myself running to youtube when I run into a problem that I'm not sure about, it seems they have a video for everything!

Glad to see you enjoying your time in Australia [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I think the time away is good for you in more ways than one...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:26 am in Vegas another 24 please count me in on the couldn't sleep club,hubs was restless and kept waking me up with his moving around,grrrr
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

73F, high near 90. Cool front moving through later today.
            No energy yesterday, didn't do squat. Would've found me drinking back in the day. At least it's only one day wasted and not 2 or 3.
            QW, you should catch one of g-man's gigs, lol!
            24 more please

Comment

Restless night here too. Ugh! A little cooler today but still 95. Cooling down to the high 70s this week. What a relief that will be!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Those no-energy days were definitely an excuse to drink, Mr.V. Now, we just have to accept them. Especially when you have had to work extra lately, dealing with that devastating shooting.

Glad the picture-hanging went well, Rava! I learned a long time ago to never hang pictures with Mr. Slo. Hopefully the rug gets there before you leave!

Timely quote, Cowboy! It pertains to our AL problem as well. Luckily we have more support for this too nowadays with blogs and podcasts online.

Heading Up North for the weekend, but with underage teens! So luckily drinking won’t feature as much. WiFi will be spotty though.
                I’m going to a pro football game tonight on the way north, and “tailgating” before the game, so will be completely surrounded by beer. Therefore, humbly requesting another 24 hours AF.
                Last edited by Slo; August 8, 2019, 09:32 AM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

It is truly amazing what can be found on youtube! I use it to learn how to do different crochet/knit stitches.

Everyone has days like that Mr. V. You just needed some rest.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Overnight and for much of the morning we had cold temperatures with a windchill below 0 C, 32F accompanied by gale force winds. We had planned to go to Phillip Island but instead went to Moonlit Sanctuary and saw local wildlife. It’s not everyday you can hand feed a kangaroo!

Yesterday’s walking tour of Melbourne, Melb’n to the locals, took us to many of the city’s laneways made famous by restaurants, bars and musical venues. The artwork (some might call it graffiti) is incredible. I was thinking of Mr G yesterday and bet he’s familiar with many of the places we saw.
                    The population of Melb’n is greater than the population of the Province of Alberta!

Tonight we’re going to a Korean barbecue restaurant for supper. Looking forward to it! My son the chef who is with me on this trip is very much enjoying the culinary experience!

The weather forecast for the next week is cold and wet. Oh well, at least there isn’t snow to shovel.

Hope everyone has/had a great af Thursday and Friday.

Bye for now from the other side of the date line.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Slo, have fun on your travels with all the teens! QW sound like a wonderful trip. I have always wanted to head to Australia. Cowboy, You Tube is the best thing ever. We use it for just about everything, From instructions to entertaining TV. Ginger, hows that house coming along. Paula, the not sleeping is a pain. I got up at 11:30 pm thinking it was almost morning. UGH. Had to head back to bed and toss until morning. Hope everyone as a great day. We are done with all the grunt work and hopefully can spend the rest of our time here relaxing until time to fly back next week. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

“Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you're worthy of the trip.” - Glenn Beck

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

15C (60F) on a cloudy, rainy morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I've been sleeping pretty good but have had a lack of motivation to do any work as well [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. Going to chalk it up to the shorter days and harvest being just around the corner...

Have a great trip [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! I remember the days of Bubba and I going along on the daughters weekend volleyball tournaments, one of the few times that you wouldn't find a drink in my hand over the weekend!

Sure hope you're going to post some pics of your adventures down under [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; August 9, 2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

71f partly sunny, things cooling off a little, should be a beautiful weekend.
                              Work today, National Senior Bowling, Bowling?, a first for me, lol!
                              Off all weekend, yay.
                              No trouble sleeping here, thankfully!
                              24 more please

Comment

Touching quote, Cowboy, and another angle to gaining sobriety. Someone trying to gain sobriety alluded to this very thing in the Nest a few weeks ago (trying to stay convinced that she’s worth it to fight to get sober).

Went to the football game last night with D1 & SIL, and sleeping overnight at their house! Fun to have another chance to see her pregnant.

QW, I didn’t know it was Melb’n! Nor that it was so big, and so artsy. Nice that your son has his focus on the cuisine as well, rather than on the drinking. Makes for a compatible traveling companion.

Asking for 24 more!
                                Last edited by Slo; August 9, 2019, 07:38 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X