~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], driving through your neck of the woods now. The wind is terrible!! Stay warm. That temperature drop from yesterday is crazy.

Comment

That was a perfect quote, Ginger!
      Thanks for the awesome breakfast, Cowboy!
      Slo, so sorry your hb added to your anxiety. He should be grateful. Maybe post a gratitude quote on your fridge for the week!
      24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I would like another 24 please. Thank you.

Safe travels Ginger. No fun driving in the wind.

Slo - sorry that the picnic was so stressful. Not fun.

Letting go of all the worry has helped me so much. If it is out of my control, then I need to let it go. Doesn't always work but I'm better at it.

Hope that everyone had a happy day.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Monday quote...

The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
          Steve Maraboli

Comment

Great quote Ginger. If we don’t let go then the worry consumes us and we keep drinking. Another good quote. Hope your travels are almost over. Driving in the wind is no fun. Slo, sorry about the picnic. You did your best and thats all you can do. Great breakfast Cowboy. Love me some hash browns! Hope everyone has a great Monday. I feel like the clock is ticking. 9 working days left. Yikes. Still don’t quite know how to take this new change. I guess one day at a time like everything else. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Chilly and snowy morning here, -10C (14F), windy as well...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

42F and very froggy out this morning.
                  Perfect quote today, Ginger. I'm learning to let go, like QW. Not easy, but doable.
                  Some things that I've let go for too long need tending.
                  Sorry about the picnic, Slo.
                  Give your self a lot of time for the adjustment, Rava. 6 months or more before things seem normal. try not to fret with all the new free time, slowly fill the day with things you love to do.
                  24 more here please

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas another 24 Ginger it got COLD (for Vegas people) hope you got to your destination safe Slo,I'm sorry about your hubs' comments but I'm sure the picnic was overall a success,at least you were sober! Waves to all have a great day
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 245, 35 weeks without al.

Winter returned overnight, might have to walk on the treadmill thanks to snow and high winds. I’m envious of snowbirds!

We’ve been doing some long term thinking and are considering renting an apartment when we sell the house and buying a motorhome so we can travel more. I would still love to drive Route 66.

Rava, I found retirement is the best job ever and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I love your idea! Do it while you can. Maybe we could be neighbors along the way!

One hundred miles to go! In the low 80s today. I see pool time in my future!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Fall pics from home....

Comment

Another absolutely perfect Fall day here in Ohio.
                            Beautiful pic, Jude! What a view!
                            QW, I think your apartment plan is a good one! No need to saddle yourselves with home maintenance at this point in your lives.
                            24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Our perfect weather day was yesterday, when the temp rose to 55F, and sunny with no wind, so I got to get out on a bike ride! I thought those were over for the season! Like you, QW, I needed some exercise. Back to cold & damp today.

Your dangerously windy journey is almost over, Ginger!

I really liked the quote today, and the way it explains how all three angles are important. I have some more letting go to do.

Only 9 work days left, Rava?! You’re finishing up in November then! Yes, lots of mixed emotions with that.

Beautiful photo, Jude! I am still enjoying the Fall color show that is now less bright, more burnished tones that form a muted patchwork quilt.

I like the downsizing idea too, QW.

Hope the family lunch was good for you, Cowboy. And maybe even AF since it was lunch!

Requesting an additional 24 hours of AF time.
                              Last edited by Slo; October 28, 2019, 09:29 PM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Yes, Pauly, the picnic WAS an overall success, thanks mostly to those two talented secretaries/office managers and that high-octane sister-in-law, and others who work there. I wish I could be like them but I’m not. But the kids really, really liked the toys that I picked out for them this year, the new bubble gum machine that dispensed them worked out well, I picked out gift cards that the teens were happy with...and most of all I stayed sober! -and had pretty good conversations with a number of people. Too bad it rained, causing lots of no-shows and the kids couldn’t enjoy the big inflatable slide, but we can’t control the weather.
                                And too bad I had a low, fragile day that day.
                                Thank you for all of your support, everyone!

I’m following the instructions in the book that I recommended to Ginger and doing more gratitude now like you said, Dill. And shoring myself up and turning my full attention now onto this big baby shower, because I want to “show up” strong for it on Saturday!

Don’t worry, be happy!
                                Last edited by Slo; October 28, 2019, 09:29 PM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X