~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] supporters. Feeling so much better today. Not a fan of the solo driving mask wearers. So unnecessary, and potentially unhealthy. However, while training for triathlons, I sometimes wear a sport mask. It forces more oxygen in into my muscles and allows me to work harder. It also keeps the frigid cold air on morning runs from hurting ny lungs. I also think people can do whatever the hell they want as long as they are not hurting others. I personally believe the media and politicians have done a real disservice to many throughout this pandemic. So, with a mask in my back pocket, and lots of love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you the best day possible. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; January 10, 2022, 11:57 AM.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the concern about my little old dog. The vet thinks it was a pinched nerve. He started hunching his back and started walking like he was staggering. Thank goodness he is better now. If it happens again he will need an X-ray. The vet says he has nerve sensitivity along his lumbar region. Who knows? Seems ok this morning and was a little better last night as well. Waking up to temps in the 50s this morning. Not used to that! Compared to many of you thats a spring day. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's great news about your furry friend [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hopefully it won't be a reoccurring thing!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'll trade your 50 temps for the -1° temps that we have here. I'll even throw in some snow! :harhar: Glad that your pup is doing better today!

I was thinking of Mr. V the other day, and wonder how he is doing. I can only hope that he found a different type of support and is still AF. I surely hope so...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, I was thinking of Mr V the other day. Hope he’s doing well. Also thinking about Big Al, hope he’s succeeding in his quit.

Thanks to a Chinook, it’s warmed up. Yesterday was 8C, 46F, a welcome change from the last couple of weeks. I missed walking outdoors!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, so glad your pup is better. Hope he continues to stay well.

Another resident here is in hospital, on a ventilator with covid pneumonia. He's a young man. So sad.

Hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Mask wearing in cars has been something that puzzled me and also evoked a negative reaction in me, too. But this discussion has given me a new perspective. I realize that there can be many reasons for it and in my case, I think I have driven a little ways down the road after my shift at the hospital before I realized I still had the mask on if I was particularly distracted by something. Usually however I yank it off the moment I get out the door! I think it is so unhealthy to have to breathe in our exhaust.

Rava, I sure hope your pup doesn't have another bout with the pinched nerve. Did the vet prescribe steroids or anything? Glad he/she is feeling better.

Hope our Pauly is OK. Haven't seen her in days!

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and dog lovers. Beautiful cool morning here. On my run this morning I passed this woman running my route. As I was passing her she said, “hi Techie, beautiful morning so have a great day!” The sun was just coming up. I NEVER saw this woman before in my life. Nor did I recognize her voice m. I kept running another few minutes and turned around and nobody is there. She’s gone. GONE. It would be impossible for her to have disappeared that quickly from the area we were running in. Spooky and I’m still shaken by the encounter. So, with spirit guides, angels, and appreciation in my heart, I fully accept another 24.

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

HMMM. That is unnerving, Techie! I'll go with angel...
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                        HMMM. That is unnerving, Techie! I'll go with angel...
                        This experience has me quite upset. I

Comment

Techie, that is a bit unnerving! Were you alone?

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Pup is still doing well thanks for all the comments. He was put on an anti inflammatory and vitamins for old dogs. So far, so good. Techie, I’m going with your spirit guide/angel. I would embrace it and not look at it as scary or negative. Glad you are back to running and feeling well. Looking for Big Al and hopefully he can check in soon from rehab to give us an update. Hope everyone has a great day. Our painter is almost done. Our place is updated with new paint colors. Starting to see why I liked this place so much when I first saw it. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That is quite spooky [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Did she actually call you "Techie" or your real name? It would be even spookier if she called you Techie!

I was thinking the same thing about [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. I see from the list at the bottom of the main page that she was online yesterday, but she hasn't posted to any of the threads for almost a week. Hope you're doing fine Pauly!

Comment

Working...
                                X