~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

QW glad the celebration of life went well,good luck at the dentist eeks,Jude,I seen NY is one of the first to require vaccine passports to enter places,has that already started? If that goes nationwide it'll hurt alot of businesses cuz there's still quite a few not getting the vaccine, I talked to an almost 80 year old couple yesterday who absolutely refuse it cuz they're more terrified of the shot than covid,I was surprised with their response but I'm not judging, she says they barely go out anyways so that's probably why, anyhoo waves to all and wishes for a great AF day for us all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe pals! Glad I only went with a half hour deep tissue massage! Hurt like hell. Not sure it helped but no more spasms for now. Just numb, tingling in my leg/foot.

No AL for me. Humbly asking for 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I have never had a massage, but maybe I should pursue one. I have had a couple of really terrible nights with back pain and sleep. I just can't shake the dull but constant pain that my back brings. I know what I would have done in the past to alleviate this problem, and I'm sorry to say that I did so a couple of nights back. Which sent me through the spiral of regret, self-depreciation, etc (and not posting). To be perfectly honest, I just want to give up. My wife is angry with me (even thought in the last month I have drank a total of ONE time), I feel like my kids look at their Dad and see my weakness (in that my back hurts, and that Mom is mad at Dad). I don't know what to do.

I had such a golden vision of my later working years moving on into retirement, but things look different now. I don't feel like I am living up to my own standards, let alone the standards of the people I most care about. It's a rough time.

It's good to hear that my dry friends have received a little bit of rain (although I would guess a day late and a dollar short). [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm glad the winds have changed for the better. QW, I'm glad your celebration of life was memorable.

24 more for me please, although I just feel lost.

Comment

To those of you that a course change in thinking This is a powerful message if you are willing to accept it. Don’t speak negatively about yourself, even as a joke. Your body doesn’t know the difference. Words are energy and cast spells. Change the way you speak about yourself and you can change your life. What you are not changing you are also choosing. Blessings, light, and prayer to you all!!!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those struggling. Heat is back again. Took Mrs Techie for her booster (third) dose of Moderna. She had severe bout of pneumonia (not Covid related) 6+ months ago so her doctor wrote the order. Off to hit a bucket or two of golf balls. So, with gratitude I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Brief and late check in here. 24 more for all of us please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I haven't heard of a vaccine passport in this area of the state yet, but I'm sure that it's not long in coming.
                [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], if you're not already doing so, please find some counseling! You seem very depressed, and it doesn't appear as though you're getting much support from your family. Don't stop posting here even if you are drinking, as it will only isolate yourself even more. This group is not about criticism at all. We are here to support and encourage the folks in this community, and you are one of us! :hug:

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Big Al, I can feel your pain in your post. Please stay with us. We are all here for you and support each other in good and bad times. Techie, I like your post about changing the way you think about yourself. I have a tendency to be very negative about myself and really need to work on what you said. I am fighting the beast every night lately. Got some yarn and started crocheting in the evening. Trying hard to calm the mess in my head. I need to turn it around. I went for many years not even thinking about alcohol and now its all I can think about. Crazy for sure. Wishing everyone a great day. I have a dental procedure today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I remember Bubba being concerned about me for the first couple of years into my sobriety. She was always reminding me not to get myself into a situation where I was tempted to drink. I remember being mad at her for not trusting me, not believing that I had quit drinking for good. And it dawned on me that I did the same thing to her for so many years, telling her I wouldn't drink anymore, yet still came home drunk. How many times I saw the disappointment in her face when I came home smelling like booze. I'm not sure she was ever mad at me, but she sure was disappointed in me.

Your wife has stayed by your side "in good times and bad, for better and for worse" [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and she hasn't given up on you so draw from her strength and not give up on yourself! It will take a long time, but she will gain back that trust in you, but you're the one that has to earn it...
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Well said Jude. We are here for each other and we support each other. That’s what we do in the Cafe and Big Al, we’re glad you’re with us. As difficult as it may be at times, find something positive in your day, something to look forward too. You’ll be surprised at the difference it can make.

I recently mentioned my bil’s Mom, the Energizer Bunny. Sadly she passed away yesterday but she didn’t suffer. An amazing lady who will be missed.

Have a great af a Thursday everyone.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Big AL,your post made me sad I can feel the disappointment in yourself but don't do that! Our sobriety is as personal as our drinking was,yes we hurt others when we've drank so it effects them but if I let let my husband or kids' anger in me fuel my quit I'd probably still be drinking, it has to be for you and you have to be proud of the progress you have made,I think I told the story of a really good psychotherapist I had years ago who took a piece of paper and drew a graph of my heavy (daily)drinking and the days I had when I was working on sobriety and he drew lines to show the progress,it was encouraging to see on paper a huge chunk of ups and down lines in my "trying" to quit days,rather than the huge block of everyday drinking days,never beat yourself up, it's pointless and keeps your head in a bad spot,try to stay positive, it's hard especially now tho I know,waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                          Last edited by paulywogg; August 26, 2021, 07:48 AM.
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ships don’t sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside and weigh you down.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great posts today. QW, great quote and reminder. Sorry for the loss of your bil's mom. Sounds like she had a full active life!

BigAl, I echo the other's posts. Stay close and don't beat yourself up. Only 1 slip in a month is 99% success in my book and that you should be proud of. You do sound pretty depressed though. Have you considered a therapist. Since covid, you can have virtual appointments with a licensed therapist in the privacy of your own home or office and your health insurance should pay for it. Check with your insurance. Ours has a link right on their website.

Waves to all. No drinking for me! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and BigAl supporters worldwide. The love and care for one another is what makes this joint so effective. Reaching out to our brethren in need is the foundation of MWO.

Yesterday afternoon a new wildfire developed very close to us called The Airola fire. I do not have the largest update from Cal Fire. Once I do and get a sense of the fires activity, I’ll let you know. It will only take a threat for us to go. In the meantime, I gratefully accept another XXIV. Stay safe. Stay healthy. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X