~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

See if you can purchase a small TENS unit from CVS or some big chain pharmacy. It always helps me with sciatica or mid back pain. I hope you get relief soon.

Also, if you can, use a CBD cream!
    Last edited by techie; August 20, 2021, 06:31 PM. Reason: Added
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I bought a TENS unit off of eBay for next to nothing and it gets a lot of use in our house.

Good evening Cafe Friends. Busy day today, as I suspected it was right down to the wire to get my proposal out. Had a couple of hiccups with subcontractors who can't seem to read the scope documents that are transmitted and thoroughly explained, but what is new.

Other than that just trying to manage pain with the least amount of drugs possible. It hurts my friends. There is no other way around it.

I am happy that it's the weekend, but weekends are my hard time. Still lonely, even though I have a house full of family. It seems like we all have our spheres, but we don't seem to overlap the way I envision we should. Maybe I'm just a bit sentimental and have a vision that is not realistic, but I guess that is who I am and who i will always be.

None the less, it was a sober day, and I am again looking forward to a nice read tonight and nodding off to bed. I only hope my back pain does not keep me up all night long. The temptation is great to load up on pain meds, but I am really trying as hard as I can to keep them at a minimum. My wife is going over to my cousins to drink and swim tomorrow. She doesn't have a problem and is responsible, but there is a little part of me that is resentful of that. Ego vs reality.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Happy Saturday folks! It's raining again, so it looks like another indoor day! At least I'm dry, both literally and figuratively!

24 more please!

Comment

5:56am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I haven't had a lot of time to get caught up with y'all, but it looks like it'll be a bit slower day today as we're moving cattle first thing this morning, then starting on oats in a fairly easy field so I should be able to get in a bit more of a post!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning! Ginger, so sorry about the sciatica pain. I have that too but so far its somewhat relieved with stretching. I hope it eases up for you today. Big Al, I get it about your wife being able to drink. Mr. R is the same way. I drank with a mission. Never heard of drinking one or two. Thats the difference for me. Hi to everyone else. We are camping in the rain with mud and mosquitos. This is exactly why I’m glad I don’t have a camper. In the dry sunshine, its fun, but this is absolutely horrible. I keep reminding myself that its all about visiting the grandkids. So I have to suck it up. Mosquito spray and campfire smoke all day long………Another 24 for me please and thank you. Luckily all they have to drink is beer and water and I hate beer. Lucky me!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I made some progress with getting the electronics set up yesterday. The store where I bought the laptop and tablet offered to transfer photos from Mrs QW’s old tablet to the new one, for a fee of course. I’m too cheap and stubborn so will muddle through and figure it out. Hopefully. The new laptop is amazing! Can’t wait to load a few photography apps and do some editing.

It’s a cool start to the day but I’m wearing shorts when I walk. Rain in the forecast for later on.

Good for the Cafe friends who avoid al while their spouses drink. I’m glad Mrs QW doesn’t drink because I know I would find it hard.

Big Al, you’re doing great! Avoiding al while dealing with what sounds like a stressful, high pressure, work environment and recovering from your accident is a challenge you’re handling very well.
                I have a pretty good idea what you mean about the family being under the same roof but not together. In my case it was Mrs QW’s religion that made things tough.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the electronic fearless. Thinking of BigAl and Ginger dealing with pain and discomfort. Not fun. Well, we are dealing with a different sort of pain here in The Sierras. The Caldor fire is creeping closer to us with 0% containment. Combined with The Dixie Fire the air is dangerous to breathe. We have stopped walking the dog. She has doggie doors that lead out to the backyard. I checked our go bags last night and filled the cars with gas. Gusty winds are forecasted so it’s anyone’s guess what the fires will do. We have friends in Dans Point, so are plan is to head there if we feel threatened.

So, with all the current challenges I gratefully accept another 24. I wish you all the best day/weekend possible. Remember to never start your day with broken pieces of yesterday. Blessings x
                  Last edited by techie; August 21, 2021, 09:19 AM.
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Stay safe, Techie. Fires that close are so scary!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have a TENS unit at home. It was my mom's and I kept it when she passed. She had the same issues. I have been using CBD, which hasn't helped much with this episode. It's just right on the edge of a spasm and the tingling goes down to my toes. Ugh! So annoying.

But..... I have so much to be thankful for and all of you are on that list!! Have a great Saturday. 24 more!

Comment

I have back issues too that cause me pain cramping and tingling in my leg. When I have severe pain I have had to do PT. The most helpful thing for me was the traction. That, plus the exercises, and TENS did the trick for me. When I had my last flare up the doc prescribed pain meds for me but only a limited course. It's a good thing too, because I LIKED THOSE PILLS very much. For several months my body would react physically when I just went past the drug store that dispensed them! I have no doubt that I could easily become hooked.

I am fortunate that Mr. D doesn't drink. I'd have a hard time with that.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                        I have back issues too that cause me pain cramping and tingling in my leg. When I have severe pain I have had to do PT. The most helpful thing for me was the traction. That, plus the exercises, and TENS did the trick for me. When I had my last flare up the doc prescribed pain meds for me but only a limited course. It's a good thing too, because I LIKED THOSE PILLS very much. For several months my body would react physically when I just went past the drug store that dispensed them! I have no doubt that I could easily become hooked.

I am fortunate that Mr. D doesn't drink. I'd have a hard time with that.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                        Yes, smart re: pain meds. They were my downfall!

Comment

Cattle all sorted out and bulls pulled till next year, it went amazing smooth this time! Got back and tried the oats but it was a no-go as they are still too tough. We moved to wheat and it’s going great! But looks like a few days of rain ahead of us but we could use the rain and a break! I for one wouldn’t mind getting back to Veg and spending a few days with Bubba and Hank!

Having to live with pain really does suck, especially any pain associated with the back or lower body! I also am wary of pain meds, but sometimes we have no choice. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and usually a couple of Advil will get me through most anything. I think most of us know the dangers of addiction and will be very conscious of anything that could get us hooked, so if you need them, use them, then no refills lol.

When I quit drinking for good, our house became alcohol free and has remained that way. The first year that I quit Bubba would have a glass of wine with a meal out, or maybe 2 when we were at a function but that didn’t last long either. She has been AF for at least 5 years I bet and says she doesn’t miss it one bit! Just one more reason why I love my wife!

Comment

Cowboy, you are a lucky man to have family like that. My wife is considerate of my non-drinking, but she needs her release. And who am I to say no, I’m the one with a problem not her.

All, I tweaked my back today. Hurts so bad I cannot take full breaths. I’m scares me. I am currently laying on my floor with my feet up on the bedroom wall. Ugh. But I’m sober; as much as I envision bourbon solving my pain issue.

So 24 more for me and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make this go away, whoever you are that makes universal decisions….

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              Cowboy, you are a lucky man to have family like that. My wife is considerate of my non-drinking, but she needs her release. And who am I to say no, I’m the one with a problem not her.

All, I tweaked my back today. Hurts so bad I cannot take full breaths. I’m scares me. I am currently laying on my floor with my feet up on the bedroom wall. Ugh. But I’m sober; as much as I envision bourbon solving my pain issue.

So 24 more for me and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make this go away, whoever you are that makes universal decisions….
                              Hang tough, BigAl, because that is the new big beautiful you. There are no limits except the ones we self impose. Feel better!

Comment

It was still dark when I got up this morning and the moon was full and so beautiful! I hope some of you got to see it, too.

BigAl I'm so sorry for your pain. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X