~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

QW...I hope that Mrs. QW is feeling better today. I can't imagine what you are both going through. Kudos to you for staying sober during tough times. :hug:
    [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], safe journey on your road trip to Texas! Don't let the beast get to you!

Waves to everyone at the cafe!

24 more please...

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm starting to understand all the things you have said about Parkinson's [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], between that and dementia we just never know what we will be facing when we go visit the fil. You're one heck of a caregiver!

Safe travels after the meeting [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!

When the fil's dementia first started, he got it in his head that he wanted to replace the shingles on the house with metal roofing. Now that's not so bad if you have a simple roof line and use standing seam colored metal, but he wanted the farm building type galvalume put on and this house has more than a few roof lines to deal with. And the people he got to do it did a poor job in my opinion and it started leaking through the soffit onto the deck. So we are in the process of having it all taken off and going back to new asphalt shingles. I figured this was a good time to put a chimney through the garage roof as we want to put heat in the garage in the near future. When I cut the hole to put the chimney through I discovered there is no insulation in the garage roof! So I'll have to cut in an attic access and then get insulation blown in, after I change the regular metal garage doors to the insulated type...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello sober cafe friends. QW so glad you were able to be present for your wife. I’m sure she appreciates it more than you know. Big Al, Safe travels after your long day. Techie, the heat here is brutal also. I think when I visit north 75 degrees will seem freezing! Hi to everyone else!!! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I'm not sure if our thread starter will stop in today or not, but huge congrats going out to

@briseus!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. And thanks for the positive thoughts for Mrs QW.

Mrs QW had a better night. We cancelled a couple of plans for the next few days so we can lay low.
              The ER doc we saw yesterday is leading daily protest rallies against the government’s upcoming removal of Covid restrictions. Like a lot of Albertans, he thinks the priority should be public safety, ahead of the economy. This is the same government that’s trying to force a 3% wage cut on nurses. I wished him well and encouraged him to keep up his good work. I think, like me, he has a low tolerance for BS.

Cowboy, that’s a lot of work ahead to replace the roof and add insulation. It’s great that you know what needs to be done and can ensure the work is done properly.
              I’ve been wondering how your fil is doing. Every day brings its challenges but really makes the good days appreciated that much more.

Have a great af Thursday everyone. Safe travels Big Al!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; August 5, 2021, 07:38 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I send up a prayer everyday for you and Mrs. Such a challenge for you both. You're a great husband. Remember to take care of "you" too.

We are headed back to the beach Monday for two weeks. Our cat is starting to be a good traveler and I'm thankful for that!

I hope we all have an easy day! Having coffee with a friend today. It will be good to catch up. We haven't seen each other since the start of the covid lock down! 24 more all around!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and roofing experts. Covid tests yesterday for Mrs Techie and me. Results most likely tomorrow. I am absolutely tired of Covid anything and everything. Now we have Epsilon, Lanbda, and Delta plus. This shit just will not go away and it is starting to depress me. I will deal with it. Congratulations to Bri wherever she is. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Just a quick check in here. 24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Bri here!
                      Cowboy - without fail, you make my day after year in remembering me and I so appreciate it and YOU! I'm so glad too to see this thread still alive and kickin'!
                      Thank you Techie as well!

Six years sober.
                      It's crazy.
                      But another 24 for me!
                      And I really hope you all are doing so well. I miss you all!! xx

Bri

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Post

Comment

Quick check-in. On the road. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

My apologies for the double post. The iPhone interface combined with work calls is difficult at best….

Comment

That's a lot of work cowboy! It's a good thing that you're handy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X