No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see you again [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION], don't be a stranger eh!

I don't like posting from my phone either [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], but it's better than nothing. Hope the trip is going smoothly!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

How nice to see you, Briseus! And happy belated birthday to you!

Today we are driving 3 hours to a farewell get together of sorts. My brother and his wife both died this year. They lived in the house we grew up in, having bought it from our parents after they downsized. It's been so nice to be able to go there over the years for family get togethers. But my nephews do not want the house. They each have established homes. So the house goes on the market soon.

No drinking for me today, though the booze will be flowing at the party.

24 please and thank you for all of us!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and TGIF. Techie, I’m sick of this shit too! We are right back where we started almost with covid news constantly. I fear that lock downs will be coming again soon as well as travel restrictions. UGH. Double UGH! Going out to lunch with a friend today and hitting up some thrift stores. The thrill of the hunt and finding a treasure is what I’m after. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I’m sure we’re headed for more lockdowns as this Delta variant spreads. That’s why I don’t understand our federal government re-opening the land border next week. Alberta is lifting all restrictions next week. I wonder for how long. There are hundreds of Covid carriers arriving by air - that should not happen if people are doing their freaking jobs! And passengers think of more than just themselves.
          Australia has had several recent lockdowns caused by infected travellers. Their solution to stop the spread is immediate and complete lockdown. And it works if people enforce the rules and use common sense.

We have a cooler start to the day but smoke has returned. Off for a walk, might wear a mask because of the smoke.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; August 6, 2021, 07:32 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Woke up to clear skies! What a treat.

Hi, Bri! Glad you stopped by. Six years looks good on you!

We are in a covid red zone but things are still open. I've started wearing a mask again. 😷 Not sure it will ever end.

24 more!

Comment

Happy Friday all,waves and wishes for a fun AF day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Covid haters near and far. Cool overcast morning here but with shite air quality. I guess I’ll take what I can get. No training until I feel better, but I will golf with my foursome on Monday. Our doctor said we have “Covid brain!” So, one thing I can do well is another 24. I wish you all the best day & weekend possible. Blessings x
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Still on the road. It’s good to see everyone doing well. I’m just DEALING with things and on the road. But sober.

24 please and thanks.

Comment

Sitting on the back porch listening to the night sounds. Pure heaven!

I'm flexing my sober muscles as the hubby and I are going to some friends for a barbeque this afternoon. There will be lots of drinking, but I am prepared for it...someone has to drive Mr. J home!

24 more please...

Comment

I have every confidence in you to get thru the boozy barbecue, Jude! Have a good time!

The party I went to yesterday had an open bar and the bourbon was flowing. I didn't have more than a passing interest. My brother was known for his love of "The Manhattan" and happy hours. I wanted to have a Manhattan in his memory, to be honest. But I knew in my heart it would not be worth it, so I passed. I enjoyed my time visiting with relatives and friends knowing I would be able to remember it all the next day!

BigAl, you're doing great!

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; August 7, 2021, 06:09 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:43am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to see everybody flexing those sober muscles and I have no doubt you'll do just as good as [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] did at the party [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

It's a lot easier dealing with things sober [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] instead of drinking at them! You're doing a fantastic job, keep it up!

We had to take the mil in to the University Hospital for her colonoscopy yesterday and since they only allow 1 person to be wit her (Covid rules) I had a couple of hours to kill so I headed over to Hobby Wholesale with my Father's Day gift certificates in hand. I could have spent half a day in just the train section looking at all the stuff and talking with the train sales staff! I did pick up quite a few things to add to my train layout and will go back again after harvest to spend more time in there and finish spending my gift certificates. Who knows, I might even take Bubba along this time lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, great job in passing on the booze. It can be satisfying and entertaining not partaking in al when others do, especially as people drink too much.

Big Al, you’re doing great! Keep it up.

Cowboy, can you post some pics of your train layout? I get the same way in a camera store but I seldom take Mrs QW with me because what I tell her I spend on accessories and the actual price usually aren’t the same!

Another smokey day here but thankfully a bit cooler. We walked yesterday afternoon in hot, humid temps and were glad to come home to air conditioned comfort.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; August 7, 2021, 07:34 AM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glorious, cool morning sitting out drinking my morning cuppa.

You are all sounding so good and strong. Hoping for another sober day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and good air quality lovers. The smoke here from the Dixie fire is cloying. Wearing filtered mask walking the dog. Staying indoors today and we will read. So, another XXIV for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X