~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Late morning check in. I was thinking to myself, Yay I made Cowboy’s breakfast then I remembered it was Saturday! LOL. Hope everyone has a great and sober Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good afternoon my Cafe Friends. Last night at the hotel and head north towards home tomorrow morning. I won’t lie, it’s been rough. But sober. So 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Glad that you made it through your trip sober [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! As [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] mentioned earlier, it's just not worth it. Things will get better with time.

I made it through the barbeque unscathed, but it was difficult.Waking up this morning unhung, was so worth saying no to the booze!

I would also love to see pictures of your train set-up cowboy! What a neat hobby!

I'd be grateful for 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think I got breakfast out in time for you to enjoy [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but not you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], way to early for this cowboy lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I imagine you'll be getting the 5th wheel packed and ready to go for tomorrow [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], safe travels and enjoy your vacation!

It is tough [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], but so worth it in the long run even if it doesn't seem that way right now...

I'll get some pics of my train layout today, but it's nothing special as I'm just starting out...

Comment

Hope we all have a wonderful AF Sunday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And another awesome brekkie, Cowboy. Thanks!

Safe travels Ginger! Hope you have a great trip. Where are you headed?

I found out yesterday that my brother and sil will be here for an overnight visit next month. Being together with them has been a huge trigger as they are both what I consider to be functioning alcoholics. That’s also one reason I haven’t seen them in 5 years.

Cool and damp today, might ride the stationery bike instead of walking.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for all the good travel wishes. We are headed to Copalis Beach, WA. It will be a good 25-30f degrees cooler! The RV park is really old and not very well kept but it's on a beach reserve so it's really quiet and we can walk for miles and rarely see anyone. We will be there two weeks.

Hope everyone has an easy day!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and sober travelers. Another smoky drab but HOT day ahead here. When you get home safe and sober, it’s another small win [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. It is the three foot tosses (little wins) that help make the quit stick. So, another XXIV for moi. I wish you all the best day possible, no matter where your travels take you. Blessings x
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I took a few pics of my train layout this morning. Once I finish up my "grain handling area" I'll start on the top level which will hold my town and lake/campground area. It's definitely a fun pastime and I'm happy I found something that I really enjoy doing other than reading lol.

Comment

And a bit of a video of the trains. CAUTION: Contains country music! lol

Comment

Wow, Cowboy!! I'm super impressed! Mind you, I have a hard time putting together a simple figure eight on the carpet with my grandkids. You've got a great set up! And thank you for the awesome breakfast, too.

Have a great two weeks, Ginger!

Well done with your successful sober trip, BigAl! It will get easier with time.

QW, I understand having to avoid certain folks, believe me. But I'm glad you are going to see your brother and sil. I am still regretting not being able to see my brother and sil last summer due to covid and now I can't ever see them again. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Life is too short to let alcohol keep you from sharing time with them.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Wow, what a long drive back. I'm pooped. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that is spectacular! And I love the soundtrack.

I won't lie, it was a tough weekend. Holed up in a hotel room with nothing to do is a hard thing for me. But, I made it.

So, 24 more for me please and thanks. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], thanks for the pics and video of your train set-up! What a great hobby! Apparently you don't have cats, mine would have a field day with it, and there would be train wrecks everywhere!
                                [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], Copalis beach sounds awesome! Can I come with you?

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X