~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good evening Cafe Friends. Well, the weekend comes to a close with a sober Sunday. It was a little bit of a tough weekend for me. It wasn't as much due to white knuckle brawling with the beast, but just kind of empty. I think I will just have to figure out who I am again. I play guitar regularly, and I used to play the banjo quite a bit (had a little bluegrass group back in the day) but it has been years now. So, I think I may dust the old banjo off and get my fingers back in shape.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

You know, the only bad thing about posting in the evening is that I don't get to thank Cowboy for the tasty breakfast in the morning.......

Comment

Good morning cafe friends!

I'll take another 24 please...

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We all post when we find time [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], for me it's early morning. I like my early mornings, quiet with coffee in hand, and reading through the threads. And nothing says you can't have breakfast for supper (dinner), Bubba and I do it quite often!

I hear you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], watch any big event on tv and there are very few mask wearers in the crowds. I personally believe that Covid is here to stay just like many other diseases. There are lots of us that got vaccinated, and many that didn't. At some point everyone will develop the antibodies, I just prefer to develop mine with a couple of jabs in the arm instead of by lying in a hospital bed. And if I have to go back yearly for a booster shot, that's what I will do.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Covid is spreading fast here in Florida. Local grocery store employees are required to wear masks. Yesterday I went to Walmart and there was an employee giving out masks as soon as you enter the store. I just started masking up again. This whole thing is a scary mess!!! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’ve continued to wear masks and follow other protocols regardless of what elected officials say. I’m surprised that a lot of older folks in our building stopped wearing a mask when the requirement was lifted.
                I agree Cowboy, this is going to be with us a long time, and if we have to get an annual booster shot, hey, it’s not the worst thing that can happen.
                Techie, smart move to withdraw from the marathon. Covid, especially this new variant, is going to continue to spread it looks like, so why put yourself in harms way? I suspect not many folks in MWO have ever run a marathon. You’ve got lots of memories to enjoy and nothing to prove. And you’re an amazing athlete.

Cowboy, I forgot to thank you for breakfast yesterday. Thanks!

We’re meeting Mrs QW’s brother and sil for coffee this afternoon. Haven’t seen them in over 2 years. Our plans include meeting outdoors and observing all other Covid safety measures, and, there’s rain in the forecast. We’ve hardly had any rainfall in the last month and while I prefer it didn’t rain while we’re having a visit, we’ll take whatever moisture we can get.

Have a great af Monday everyone. Stay safe.

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; August 2, 2021, 08:51 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing everyone a happy AF Monday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm with you, Cowboy. I've accepted that covid isn't going anywhere and we must adapt. I've had my vax so I don't worry about getting a severe case, if I get it at all. If fully vaxxed the odds of getting a serious case of covid are 1/27,000. The odds of dying from covid are 1/100,000.

Doctor explains odds of getting COVID after being vaccinated

Those that choose not to vax, I accept their choice. I'm sure they've done their own risk analysis. I hope they don't start requiring masks again around here. I see many folks who choose to wear a mask and I respect that. Many are immunocompromised perhaps due to illness or like you, Pauly, just feel safer. But I don't want to go back to it. Of course I wear a mask at the hospital when I volunteer, but other than that I have been mask free.

I'm thinking today will be a soap making day. Do any of you make DIY soap? I usually use olive oil as my primary ingredient but I want to try a batch of old-fashioned lard soap. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Big Al I know how hard it is to fill that void. Early on I found the best thing for me was to keep occupied. I watched a lot of series and movies and listened to loads of books. Books about other's experiences with getting sober helped a lot. Have you read Eric Clapton's biography?

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another smoke filled day here. I have several outside chores to take care of before we leave for the beach next Monday. Not sure I can take the heat and smoke to get them done though.

Hope we all have an easy AF week. I'll take 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and loyal mask wearers. Well it is golf this morning at 9am. Excited to play with my new Calloway JAWS wedges, gift from Mrs. Techie. We are both still feeling less than 100% but slightly better each week. Interestingly, I have received lots of feedback from vaccinated folks going through the same thing. I queried them through our website and other SM channels. Meditation done. Mrs T walking doggie so I can get in golfing mode. So, another XXIV for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. I recently listened to an amazing book on Audible by Brian Vaszily. It’s The 9 Intense Experiences. I was totally absorbed from the very first paragraph. I felt I got to know the real Brian immediately. I quickly sensed that he had come to terms with what life had challenged him with and was able to rise above his early set backs. His lessons are so clear and easy to follow and they do make a difference. Some may have taken me out my comfort zone in the beginning but, believe me, once you get into them, they will lift your spirits and take you to a new place. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to embark on a journey of self development. I think this book can really help anyone struggling with any of life’s difficulties. While I’m not an audio book fan, I like the pulp in my hands, I went and ordered the hard cover. I tend to use a highlighter like a madman, Hahahs!
                        Last edited by techie; August 2, 2021, 09:39 AM. Reason: Spelling error
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Tomorrow is my first double digit sober day in a while. I feel clear headed, but I know there is a hard road in front of me. Some of it is just that I want everything to be suddenly as if I never drank. Relationships just don't work that way and I can't expect my wife to erase history overnight. It makes me feel bad that I am the cause. I hope in time things will get better and I can start to whittle away at some of the distance.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the book recommendation [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I'll have to check it out!
                            [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I think that with time and continued sobriety on your part, things will get better between you and your wife. :hug:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We've also had to endure weeks of smoke and heat [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], makes a person just want to stay inside! Looks like it's finally going to cool down and some rain is moving in for a few days mid-week and into the weekend.

Pretty short week of work for me, yesterday was a holiday and Friday we have to take the mil into Edmonton for a colonoscopy so I'm trying to figure out what job I can start and finish in 3 days lol. Don't think I have any like that on the board, so I'll just get started on a boiler install for an addition to a mobile home.

Comment

Working...
                                X