No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Cafe. Dill, safe travels today on your drive. Hope everyone has a good and sober day. No alcohol for me. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

S)afe travels, Dill. Enjoy your visit!

Rava, when is you migration north?

Jude, I hope your sleep improves. Nothing worse than a sleepless night. I feel ya.

ABC, how much are you working these days or are you 100% retired these days?

Had a lovely dinner with sisters and the blooming onion was as good as expected! YUMMY 😋

The great grand kids are in town so off to exercise, then out to my son's house to see my babies. I hope Jack remembers GG! Life is so rich! I'll take another!

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
        We went to the beach yesterday and got run off by huge waves and strong winds. Not the best beach day. I just read a great book
        This conjunction of those two ideas, just reminded me of the book I'm currently reading: The Perfect Storm (haven't seen the movie). It goes into detail on storms and just how insane weather can get, and what it can do to the seas (100 foot waves etc.), pretty fascinating stuff.

That Monty's Surprise apple sounds amaizing. I'm currently enjoying Pink Lady's (as usual), Jazz and Cosmic Crisps! Also, 3 for $5 Acapulco Mangos currently; a good mango is hard to beat!

Also, love Cyrus' Catio! What a great idea!
        Last edited by Mulburry; April 15, 2024, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Mr. J is coming home tomorrow after visiting his son and family in S.C.. It will be good to have him back.

Mulburry, the perfect storm sounds like an interesting book, might have to check it out.

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I could not sleep so I am up at the butt crack of dawn. Ginger, we migrate north in 1 month. So we still have some more time to prepare and eat our food before it spoils. Ginger, I can taste that Blooming Onion. They are so good. Jude I am sure you will be happy to have Mr. J home with you. Hi Mul, Cowboy, Dill. Where is Techie. Hope all is well. 24 more for me please. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Comment

Mul, we love those Cosmic Crisp!

Rava, sorry you couldn't sleep.

Jude, I'm glad Mr. J is back where he belongs.

You know Ginger, I've never had one of those blooming onions. I am going to have to get one soon!

Hi Cowboy, is it getting near planting time?

We had a great time yesterday. The visit was nice, the drive was gorgeous and the weather was great. While we were there Mr. D and his brother saw a bee swarm and suited up to capture it. They succeeded in getting into a hive box. It was a fun adventure for them.

24 more please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; April 16, 2024, 05:34 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad to hear that Mr J will be back home with you soon Jude.

I'm going to have to look up this blooming onion thing as well Ginger, not sure what it is. I have only been doing the odd service call, so I'd say I'm 98% retired lol.

Sounds like you had an interesting visit dill, would have been cool to watch the swarm capture. I didn't know that was something that happened. It'll be a couple of weeks before anyone gets in the fields around here, supposed to get quite cold in the evenings -10C (12F) for the next 3 or 4 days.

Nothing worse than an interrupted sleep Rava, you'll be looking to have a nap later today lol.

I never read the book Mulburry, but have watched the movie a few times. It's one of those movies worth watching over again a few times.

I'm off the Sherwood Park today to spend the day with Adam making antelope sausage and jerky, then I'll spend tomorrow smoking it on the wood pellet grill. Anxious to see how it turns out.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I loved the movie, Mul. I bet the book is even better.

Jude, glad hubby is headed home. Mine rarely goes anywhere so I'm not sure what I'd do with an empty house! I bet I'd find plenty. Haha

So cool about the swarm, Dill! Do you guys keep bees at home? Im assuming you left that hive with bil?

Rava, enjoy your last month in Florida. How long will you stay up north then? Is your tiny home on leased land or do you own it? We lease our space in AZ.

ABC, I'm glad you are 98% retired. When does Bubba get to retire? Seems I recall she's still working.

Cyrus is off to a vet check before he gets his teeth cleaned this Thursday. After that, I'm watching the greats so their mom and Dad can close on the house they bought here. I should be adequately exhausted by end of day. Glad to be doing it with a clear head. I'll take another by golly!

Comment

Grateful for my sobriety and looking forward to another 24!

Comment

Ginger, the bees remained with bil. They keep bees and we often get honey for birthday and Christmas gifts. It's delicious. We don't keep hives ourselves but we have done in the past.

Cowboy, capturing swarms is definitely a thing. I'm glad Mr. D and his brother got to do that together. It's pretty amazing timing for our visit, IMO. The trick is to capture the queen. The rest will go where ever she goes.

24 hours please and thank you.

Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Bubba is only working part time Ginger, she'll probably stay working at the Church as long as they want her there.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Late check in. Ginger we own the land and we will stay until end of October. I want to get thru most of hurricane season away from Florida. Read everyone’s posts but running late this morning. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you!!

Comment

Rava, smaller parcels down in AZ are for the most part, all leased. It sticks in my craw to "rent" but we haven't found a better place that sells spaces.

Dill, thanks for explaining. I've never loved honey but hubby sure does. He buys it local from the farmers market. It's mostly clover honey but he says it's yummy!

ABC, Bubba sounds like she's got the perfect semi-retirement gig!

Jude, did hubby get home safe and sound?

Off to "old people" workout. Ill take another!

Comment

Working...
                                X