No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“You can be up one day and down the next. Struggle is inevitable. To overcome it, you must know that you can, and you will succeed. Don’t give up!”

6:25am in Alberta, and thank You Lord for all the blessings I've received this week. Thank You for helping me remain sober and safe. Could You look down with favour on those still struggling and pass along my 24 to someone who needs it more than me...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION] abcowboy

We finished seeding yesterday! Of course the last 2 fields were the worst for being wet, but I only got the rig stuck twice and managed to get as many acres in those fields done as the water holes would allow. So this morning I have time for a big ole farmer's breakfast! I'll have 2 eggs over easy, 3 pancakes topped with butter and syrup, 4 slices of that Canadian back bacon, and a cinnamon raisin bagel please! Oh ya, and my usual extra large black dark roast!
    Last edited by abcowboy; June 4, 2017, 07:30 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Day 4, 24 more please. The kayaking was great, even got to watch a sailboat race! It's at Cowan Lake [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Afterwards, everyone was talking about the refreshing beer they were going to have, I had iced tea, just as refreshing. No one questioned why I wasn't drinking. Beer selection was crap anyways, lol.

Comment

Beautiful pic Mr V! Looks like a lake I'd like to be waterskiing on! Nothing worse than a poor beer selection lol! I used to hate attending functions that didn't offer any Budweiser!

Yo Pauly, I've always been meaning to ask how long you've worked without getting back to back days off? Most people would be thrown way off with a work week like your's! Do you like it, does it work for you?
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the pic, @Mr. Vervill. I have many fond memories of picnics with my girlfriends at Cowan Lake with all our kids playing on the beach together while we fixed the food and sat in the shade up on that hillside drinking cold beer. That was back in the day when I still had an off switch. I could actually drink just one back then and switch to something else so I'd be ready to make the drive back home when the afternoon came to an end. Lovely lake and lovely memories.

Glad you have all you spring planting complete, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Now you can sit back and watch it grow!

You are doing awesome [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]!

24 more please, and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

10:30 on a sunny Sunday morning in Saskatchewan, I'll have 24 more AF hours please. I bet Bubba is just as happy as you ABC that your done seeding

Comment

Checking in for 24 more please. I'll be out of town a few days this week - might have to pre-order. :happy2:
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Checking in for 24 sober hours. I have surrendered and hand my life over to the Universe, God, Allah, Buddha all of them.
                Last edited by Guitarista; June 4, 2017, 08:06 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Another 24 hours for me please on a very beautiful Monday morning xxx
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wildflower.
                  Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                  And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Day 26 Another 24 please

Comment

4:44 am in Vegas another 24 for me and all who need them please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sorry Cowboy I didn't see your question, I haven't had back to back days off ever in my whole working years,two days off in a row makes me stir-crazy! Too much time on my hands like the Styx song Dill,FTWD was a snoozefest, dont think I'm watching this season, which is sad cuz I was kind of looking forward to it
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“Even if the path is a little blurry keep walking you'll focus in when you know what you want then the picture of your life will be crystal clear just don't ever give up.”

6:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22708]lloydlady[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] [MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy

I've got ya covered Marylou, enjoy your time away!
                          G-man, great to see you in the Club! I'm thinking this new lady friend might be just what the Dr. ordered for you! We quit drinking for ourselves for sure, but added incentive never hurts!
                          I here ya on the days off Pauly! A big vacation for me is 5 days lol.

Hope all the Club members have a great start to the new week, let's keep it between the lines eh!

Comment

24 more for me please. Busy today.

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I haven't seen FTWD yet. We recorded it, but I must say the previews looked pretty bad. I have been binge-watching the old HBO show, The Sopranos. I never saw it when it first came out.

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hitting that 2 pm slump here in Jersey. A bit gray out there today. A great day to grab a cup of coffee and sit watching the world. I'll take another 24 please!
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X