~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A day or two ago I couldn't find the like/thank buttons for a while [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. But they re-appeared. Must have been something to do with site maintenance. I'm glad it's all running smoothly again!

I'll have coffee, a toasted cinnamon/apple bagel with plain cream cheese, and a side of 24 more, please!
    Last edited by dill; June 15, 2017, 09:09 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I was running a bit late this morning and never quite got finished...

You've got a gift [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], can't wait to read more as you add it!

I like the cinnamon raisin bagels [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], maybe need to add a bagel deli to the Cafe!

No more leaks under the basin [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION]? It's amazing what we can do for ourselves with a little help and support!

I watch the young kids with their thumbs a blur as they text on their phones and I get a picture of Pauly's thumbs doing the same thing as she does her posts! Never fails to bring a smile to my face as I picture it!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

75f and sunny here in Jersey as it's just hittin' end of the work day. I'll take another 24 please! (Appreciate all the feedback btb)
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

So far the cuc's and tomatoes are doing well in the containers, I just hope they keep doing well lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

There we go, all set up and filled, well, it was filled! Those bagels are popular snacks!

Comment

you're an amazing guy, cowboy ... weather you or anybody else knows it ... you are. I'll come back and be a bit more insightful and sober. But meanwhile, you're an amazing guy ..
              "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
              “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I wasn't able to post yesterday for some reason, nor could I see notifications, like/Thank buttons, but it appears that everything is working today. This is not a complaint! Just trying to keep myself accountable to everyone else here. And a genuine thanks to all who come here everyday, despite setbacks and problems, to help one another.
                It's a good thing I asked for 34 the other day, got me through 48, lol.
                I humbly ask for 24 more. Starting Day 16.

Comment

GMAE from Jersey all. 8:17 AM her and we've ducked back down into the 70s weather wise, looks like it's shaping up to be a bit gray out there today. Made a bit of a mess in one of our databases at work so .... I'll be spending the day working with our on site consultant and our vendor getting it sorted. (Think I clicked the wrong button somewhere! lol) Anyway, another opportunity to learn something new. Another 24 please!
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

“It’s your life. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for living it your way.”

6:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

TGIF y'all! But just remember, that's no reason to quit on your quit eh!

Comment

5:39 in Vegas another 24 for me and my friends here please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep Ory, looks like you "smoked" that database but good lol
                        Seems like a few of us had problems with the site Mr V, seems to back to normal now though....

idef, we are all amazing people! Maybe some of us are on a quit that sticks (so far), but it takes an amazing person to admit they have a problem with drinking. And there are so many levels of alcoholism, but if you think you have a problem, then you do. The amazing part is, we never give up, we keep coming back to find the thing that will work for us. And I really believe that everyone has it in them to find what works for them as long as they keep trying, they never give up!

I go over a few quotes each morning, first, to help me with my day, and second, to maybe help someone else with their day. I pondered on today's post for a bit before choosing it. Just like when we read different posts, everyone can interpret them differently. I wondered if today's quote would maybe send the wrong message, that it's okay to drink because it's your life and you're living it your way, or it's okay to be a non-drinker in a world where drinking seems to be more than acceptable.... I guess it's like the old saying "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"... I know how I interpreted it when I first read it, and I hope y'all think along the same way as me....

Have a great one my friends!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; June 16, 2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Its a nice quote Cowboy, I've been struggling with this cuz my mom's been drinking since my brother went missing, I don't judge her cuz that's how she's coping but I know thats not what I want for ME I think people just hafta do what feels right for themselves, all we can do is be there when they need us I guess,on another note I just noticed that I only use one thumb to type hahaha!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I like the quote, plain and simple [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! It's a positive and empowering message.

And now I'm trying to visualize [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] madly typing while using only one thumb! LOL!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] :welldone:

24 more please.
                            Last edited by dill; June 16, 2017, 09:05 AM.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by idefineme View Post
                              you're an amazing guy, cowboy ... weather you or anybody else knows it ... you are. I'll come back and be a bit more insightful and sober. But meanwhile, you're an amazing guy ..
                              you're an amazing guy, cowboy ...
                              Have to agree! Happy Friday all.

24 please:exclaim:
                              Last edited by ssd858; June 16, 2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I agree with all the Cowboy accolades! 24 for me please sir. Think I'll do a cappuccino today - with whipped cream. Lots of it. Let the baristas think what they will.
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X