~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I hope all is well. [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], that's a long wait and would be very tough for me. It is one of the situations that I dislike more than anything else. Not much going on here today. I'm shopping around for a small rental that I can occupy during this period of separation. I want to find something close so that the kids can come over after school and on the weekends. I continue to be hesitantly positive with regards to the relationship with my wife. We are getting along better now than we have in a while, so maybe there is some truth and benefit to a period of separation. I think that the main driver for her is that she is worried (and rightfully so) about a relapse, and time is the only way to gain a little bit of trust in the fact that I am in a good place with recovery.

Anyway, 24 more for me please, and I have not quit thinking about Techie's uncharacteristic post. I hope everything is ok.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Yellowstone lovers. Always keeping you in my thoughts [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Change , recovery, and family all need to align in trust. You’ll get there. My news is that the cancer is back. MRI revealed new tumor growth. I have a biopsy on March 25th [MENTION=2323]stan[/MENTION]ford Oncology. The biopsy will indicate the aggressiveness and WTF the next steps are. While I’m disappointed after 1 1/2 years of being cancer free, I fully accept what is. I always like a challenge and cancer can deal one hell of a challenge. So, with healing in my mindset and love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

So begins another call to adventure for Techie

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
        Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Well, it looks like my patience is going to be pushed to the limit. I spoke to the doctors assistant yesterday and she says it takes 4-6 weeks for the pathology to get processed. And I don’t know if the results will be accessible online ahead of my scheduled appointment. I’ve compartmentalized it and will do my best not to worry. I did ask that they call me if they get the results sooner than expected and have a cancellation. I also told them I’m OK with a phone consult too.
        At least I’m not drinking at the situation!

The forecasters got it right and our temps have warmed up about 30C in the last few days, nice enough to barbecue in shirtsleeves.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
        Keeping you tucked away lovingly in my thoughts and prayers x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thank you Techie for your kind words.

My thoughts are with you and Mrs Techie as you face this latest challenge. Your positive attitude will be a huge help!

F*ck cancer.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I had this weird dream about you last night, where you had your own tv show.
            Speaking of dreams, anyone else have drinking dreams? They've been getting more intense and frequent for me lately. I had one last night that was so powerful I practically had the taste of whiskey in mouth when I woke up, with an intense craving. Managed to get past that hurdle (so far at least), so I'll gladly take another 24.

Comment

Ah techie, sorry to hear that the cancer is back. It just doesn't seem fair, as you live such a healthy lifestyle. You beat the bastard once, and I know that you can do it again! Your positive attitude always amazes me.

QW, that's insane that you have to wait such a long time for the biopsy results. I have a hard time believing that it takes that long to process a sample. Hopefully, you will get the results sooner, and that it will be good news!

@Mullburry, I have had drinking dreams in the past, and it's unbelievable how real they seem. I wake up in a panic, then am flooded with relief that it was only a dream.

Hang in there BigAl. I think that it's a good idea for you to find your own place for awhile, as I think that it will give you both some space to process everything, and do some soul searching.

I'd gratefully accept another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Mulburry, I too have been plagued with drinking dreams lately. And much like in life, the scenes are fraught with tension, guilt and general negative emotions. Like Jude says, waking up is a huge relief!

Techie your news is upsetting but I know you can win this battle, just as you won the last one. Loving and supportive thoughts being sent your way.

QW, you are in such an unenviable position having to wait to learn the results. I can only imagine. Try not to worry. One of my favorite lines in the Desiderata is: "But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings." I have tried to practice that, and all the other advice given in that poem my whole adult life. Max Ehrmann's "Desiderata"

Cowboy, there's a fair amount of bad language and violence in 1883, but there's also a good balance of goodness and humanity. I guess you'll have to take a glance at it and see if it is for you or not. I have not yet seen Yellowstone. A friend recently told me about it which is how we happened upon 1883. Since it is a prequel to Yellowstone we decided to check that out first. We both love Sam Elliot and Kevin Costner too. The friend that recommended Yellowstone did give me fair warning about the language and some of the coarseness.

Hi Ginger, Rava, Pauly and BA!

24 more for all of us here today...including in our dreams!
                Last edited by dill; February 6, 2022, 07:09 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'd say it's time for some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie so sorry to hear that your cancer is back. Of anyone you are so active and healthy. I will send up some prayers and healing thoughts as you face this next challenge. QW, thinking of you as well as you await your biopsy results. We need a new button other than LIKE and THANK. I hate hitting the like button for such news. My fishing trip yielded nothing. Not even a bite, but we did see a shark probably 3 feet in length swim past our boat. Just a nice day on the water eating snacks and talking about nothing. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Keep thinking and believing that this separation is only temporary [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and know that staying sober will close the gap between you and your wife...

That's hard news to take [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], but as the other's have said, you've slayed more than one beast in the past! My prayers are with you...

It was quite a memorial service yesterday! Ed's ashes were brought into the arena on the show wagon with a pair of blonde Belgians dressed out in show harness. The entire family except for the grandson driving the wagon walked behind. It was as if the horses knew what was happening as they stood quietly still hitched through the entire service. It was followed by a roast beef supper and open bar. Lots of tears, laughter, and visiting thinking about Ed and his antics...
                        Last edited by abcowboy; February 6, 2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, it sounds like a celebration Ed would have liked!

We’re meeting our family for a hike at a close by park this afternoon, haven’t seen them enough since we moved to Calgary due to Covid. Looking forward to a visit.

Great brekkie Cowboy. The sausages are cooked just the way I like them!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Sunday all,Techie that really sucks about the cancer being back waves to the gang and wishes for a great day for us all,I didn't sleep good last night so will be sludging through the day probably grrr
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well that's a total bummer, Techie. Will you be trying alternative medicine like last time? Sending prayers your way.

QW, hoping you get results sooner! Seems a little ridiculous it takes that long. Sending you prayers too!

Rava, sounds like a perfect fishing trip to me! 😉

ABC, that sounds like the perfect service for your friend.

Waves to everyone! Hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 more.

Comment

Thank you for all you thoughtfulness and support. Not sure about treatment options. It will depend upon evaluating the biopsy. It is with gratitude and appreciation I accept another twenty four. Blessings

Comment

Working...
                                X