~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], are you able to eat some of those plant-based meats on your diet? I tried Beyond Meat once and it really tasted like beef to me! I never got into the habit of eating it because of the cost and I'm doing ok so far with eating beef. I know you will enjoy seeing your daughter and granddaughter. I bet she will be much changed since your last visit. They grow so fast!

Beautiful sunrise here this morning. It will be a wonderful day to be af! 24 more for all of us please.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Im thinking about you Techie smelling those grills. Maybe you can grill some plant based food and help with your cravings. Our old condo would not allow grills and i was really missing that kind of food. Fast forward to new condo and we now have a small grill. Hope all you peeps in the freezing cold weather stay warm and toasty today. Granddaughter is here with us for 2 nights. Really enjoying her company. No drinking for me. Another 24 please and thank you and PS Big Al, glad you made it safely to your job.. QW great job on heading to the liquor store and not buying anything for yourself.!!! The last liquor store I went into they were giving out free shots of homemade moonshine. I could not resist. I will be staying away from there for now. :happy2:
        Last edited by Rava; February 20, 2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I think it's time for some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Winter returned overnight so instead of walking with my son this morning, I’ll drive him to work. It’s currently -16C, 3F, with a windchill of -too damn cold. This weather system, called an Alberta Clipper, doesn’t usually stay in Alberta, we export it to eastern North America as some of our Cafe friends in the east have likely experienced.

Rava, I don’t think I could live without access to a barbecue. I have a Ninja Foodi to use indoors in weather like we’re currently having and it does a great job with most foods but makes the best chicken wings I’ve ever had.

Speaking of food, thanks for another awesome brekkie Cowboy!

Safe travels Techie! There’s nothing quite like the wonderful feeling of holding a grandchild. Enjoy every minute!!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Sunday all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Sunday morning everyone. ABC, thanks for brekkie.

Techie, after all these years of veganism, when I smell meat grilling it makes me kind of gag. Smells like poop to me. Lol I don't miss it one bit but my hubby thinks he'd surely die without it. 😉

Upper 70s here today. Hoping to get in a desert walk before it gets too warm. I'll happily take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those who can eat Cowboys breakfast…sniff…sniff. Travel day and looking forward to seeing kids and new granddaughter. So, here is an update on my new diet. I’ve had a patch of eczema on my upper thigh for about five years. I put cortisone cream on it daily. It is GONE. I also had the best run this morning. I feel lighter as if something has released. Now I’m a realist so it could be all neurotransmitters (halo effect) that will run its course. I’m also an optimist that is embracing this new feeling with gratitude. So, with all this good stuff going on, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. It is finally nice outside and the snow is melting off. But, the country roads I live on (currently) turn into 3" of mud. So, 6 of one, .5 dozen of another. Tomorrow is forecast to be 70, almost unheard of in this part of the country (hat tip to [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] for her 70 degree desert walk before it gets too warm...). I am an early riser and always have been. I took the photo below at 4:00 in the morning the day before yesterday. It is of the moonset, but the way my phone automatically goes to a long exposure in the dark it turned out looking almost daylightish. I liked it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday (I'm making lasagne with my "all day sauce"), and will humbly ask for another 24.

No matter how hard I tried, I could not get it to upload in the correct orientation, and somehow ended up with a thumbnail photo as well?
                    Last edited by BigAl; February 20, 2022, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Great picture BigAl! I hear you about the mud, it will be here soon, and having 3 dogs makes it impossible to keep the floors clean! Looking forward to warmer temps but not the mud!

Techie, glad that the new diet has you feeling better. Enjoy the visit with your granddaughter!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good Monday morning Cafe. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks. By the way great breakfast yesterday. I ate it all. LOL

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I am going to try to get outside for a bit today and enjoy our unseasonably warm weather. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and I will ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Happy AF Monday to us all! I'm relieved to be out of that toxic shop,not sure what my next move is but weighing a few options and doing the grocery gig and doordash until I figure it out,I've appreciated all the support and help during these past few months from you all,thank you
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Feel free to share your warm weather Big Al & Ginger. Currently we’re experiencing a windchill of -28C, -18F. We’ve enjoyed a mild winter with little snow until now. A friend told us the other day that she knows people who had their snow tires changed back to summer tires because it had been so mild. Um, it maybe a couple months early for that. I wonder how they’re enjoying the 8” of snow we got yesterday.

Ginger, our 7 year old granddaughter has stopped eating meat because she learned where it came from. Good for her to do what she believes in.

Pauly, life is too short to work in a toxic environment. I’ve been there, done that, and barely survived. I have not regretted a minute escaping that place. You’ll find work you enjoy and in the meantime, have the grocery gig and doordash to keep you busy. Hang in there!

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X