~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

That was a beautiful shot, BigAl. Thanks.

Pauly, I'm glad you broke free of that mess. You've tolerated it way longer than I ever could. Good on you! Your next gig will be much better.

Waves to all of my Cafe buddies! I'll happily take 24 more. 😎

Comment

Pauly, I'm glad you broke free. I bet you will find something much better. Change isn't easy, but sometimes it is necessary!

Thanks for yesterday's breakfast Cowboy. It was great!

Unseasonably warm here, too and I too will be outside later today to enjoy it. I find these days to be best enjoyed sober! 24 more for all of us please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends and lovers. Good for you, Pauly. May many blessings and good wishes come your way. We are over on the peninsula, helping daughter with new baby. So, with a late start but lots of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

So glad that you are out of that hell hole Pauly! I've worked in many a toxic environment, and after leaving, it was such a huge relief to not have to deal with the BS anymore. I'm sure that eventually you will find a job that makes you happy.

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Pauly, happy for you to make that move and get out. QW sound like a very very cold day for you yesterday. Hope its a bit warmer today. Wishing everyone a good and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job on leaving that place [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! I think I've only been with 2 employers that I ended up not being happy with. It made me wonder if I'd made the right career choices. I love what I do for the most part, but toxic workplaces can make you second guess why you do what you do. I'm sure you'll keep busy with other things until a new salon comes along!

We're under an extreme cold warning for the next couple of days as well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. It's -30C (-22F) here this morning! Sure glad I don't have any outside work to do lol.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Wow [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that's cold. We have touched temps like that here every once in a great while, but we are not set up for anything as sustained as you guys get.

Yesterday was a tough day. My friend who just underwent surgery to remove his brain tumor told me that he will start chemo this week. He said his doc was not very optimistic given the type of cancer and thought that he maybe had a year or so left. Its heartbreaking. I wish there was more I could do.

So, with thoughts of the fragility of our moral flame, I humbly ask for 24 more, and will try to live the next 24 hours as the best human being I possibly.

Comment

BA, I am so sorry to hear such sad news for you and your friend and his family. Heart-breaking. It's one of the hardest things accept when there is simply nothing we can do to change what is. But you at least have the power to offer comfort and to be there for him. Prayers and thoughts your way.

We are in for a stretch of cold temps here, but nothing like what you are facing, Cowboy and QW! Stay safe and keep warm.

Another 24 please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours pleae & thank you.

I actually don’t mind the cold weather that much. Yeah, it means not walking outdoors but our building has about 200 condos on 4 floors and I can walk the entire building in under 15 minutes, including 8 flights of stairs. I’m fortunate not to have a commute to work as being on the roads can be a challenge but we carry an emergency kit in the Jeep in case of breakdown.

Sorry to learn about your friends prognosis Big Al. I’m sure your buddy knows you’ll do everything you can to be there for him while he undergoes treatment. And, you’ll be able to help him by being af.

I will venture out shortly to drive my son to work. One of the benefits of being close to our Calgary family is that I can do things like this so that he doesn’t have to face the nasty cold conditions. After that, it’s bread making time - Bisquick is threatening to overflow the jar again.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thats sad Big Al hoping it ends up ok,waves ro rhea gang and wishes for a decent AF day for us all
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BigAl, so sorry about your friend.

Dang you northerners sure do have cold weather! We have a cold snap coming too but our lows will be in the 60s.

Looking forward to an easy AF day. May we all have one! 24 more....

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend BigAl...cancer sucks, especially in one so young.

Yesterday's temps were in the upper 50's and it's still pretty mild now, but that won't last long as it's supposed to drop into the 20's by the end of the day. It also looks like another snow storm will arrive here Thursday night into Friday. Typical rollercoaster weather for this time of year.

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Frigid cold here for me (rather balmy for QW and Cowboy), with a strong north wind. I took my truck into the Chevy dealership for a 30,000 mile service. Paid them too much money, and left with my alignment screwed up and none of my tire pressure sensors working. It's just hard to find good service these days.

But, I am sober. In the past that would have been but one verse in a long litany of reasons to drink. With that, I will humbly ask for another 24 hours please and thanks.

Comment

Morning Cafe. Big Al, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. That’s never easy. Glad you are forging thru and remaining sober thru this. Today I signed up for a free 3 day gym membership trial. I have to do this within the next week. I feel that I have become a slug and need a change. The gym is 2 miles from my condo and easy to drive to. So we shall see. Today is supposed to be in the upper 80’s. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X