Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Loved the quote techie! So very true!

Still raining here....wish that I could send it to those that need it.

Have fun taking care of your neighbors critters Ginger. Sounds like fun!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well it looks like harvest is going to start early for me, but not running a combine yet. The farm boss called me yesterday to see if I wanted to learn how to run a swather lol. He's short-handed for now but hopes there'll be enough help when it comes time to get the combines rolling as well as keep both swathers going. He knows that I have very limited swathing experience and even that was 25 years ago but he said if I can straight cut with a combine, I'd have no problem swathing. So I have one job to finish up today then head over to the field to do a ride-along with him to get the feel of swathing. Then I'll be swathing canola starting tomorrow morning. Who says we're too old to learn something new lol.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well Cowboy, I guess an old dog and re-learn old tricks! I'm sure you'll do great and enjoy the work! I'm impressed by anyone that can run those machines.

Loved the quote, Techie.

Ginger, why does your neighbor keep alpacas?

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Have fun, ABC. You'll do great! Something tells me you can do anything you put your mind to and do it well.

Thanks for the quote, Techie. It's a good one.

Dill, the alpaca are pets and company for the horse. She loves them all to pieces!

Waves to all my buddies. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Down in Monarch Bay visiting friends. Off for a Long Beach walk. With sand between my toes and love and gratitude in my heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm sure that you'll do a great job cowboy.It's never a bad thing to learn something new!

Well, I got a call at 3:30 this morning from my 99 year old neighbor and dear friend. Apparently she had fallen and was in a lot of pain. I called an ambulance and her daughter was going to meet her at the hospital. Sure hope that she is OK, and that she will be able to continue living at home.
                So glad that I was sober and not hungover.

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Dill sorry about the pickle mixup. The Dill definitely threw me off. Jude hope your neighbor is ok but at 99 it may go the other way fast. Cowboy, we are never too old to learn new tricks! Techie thanks for the quotes. Ginger, is your pet sitting over now? Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sure hope things go well for your neighbor [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], she'll be in my prayers...

Things went pretty good yesterday. Ended up swathing on my own for about an hour and a half. Corey was right, not much different from combining except for getting the feel of a different machine and how fast it turns compared to a combine.

Comment

Glad it went well, ABC. I knew it would.

Techie, your quote is lovely. I've been listening to 5 minute pod casts by Timber Hawkeye. It falls in line with his teachings.

My job is over. The owner got home last night. As a thank you she brought us three bottles of wine. I'm not feeling tempted at all. Just thinking about red wine makes my stomach turn.

Spending the day with my 12 yo granddaughter before school starts Monday. Shopping is definitely on the list of things to do!

I'll enjoy another day and remember to count my blessings!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Cool morning here at the beach. Long walk in Laguna today. So, with joy in my heart, I fully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! All is well in my world, busy with work, busy with family, busy enjoying life.

Cowboy, I run a combine or the grain cart most of the time during harvest, but I have no idea what a swather is, I will have to google it. The corn will be ready to pick here in a couple of weeks. It won't be the best corn we have ever grown, but prices may help at the end of the day. The beans could use a little bit of rain...

I hope everyone is doing well and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Well my neighbor broke her collar bone and right arm. She will be staying at her daughters house for awhile, but I suspect that it will be permanent.

Glad that things went well with the swathing cowboy. I knew that you could do it.You're a pretty handy guy!

Ginger, I'm not a fan of red wine either, it always messes up my stomach.

Good to see you BigAl, and I'm glad that things are going well.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Jude, I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor's fall. I hope she recuperates as quickly as possible. I am sure it was a good feeling for you to have been clear-headed when you were called on to help.
                                Ginger, ugh! Red wine! Will Mr. G drink it or will you re-gift it?
                                Well done on the swathing, Cowboy! I knew you could do it!
                                Big Al, it's good to see you. Your posts sound more and more positive all the time. I'm really happy for you.
                                And you Rava! You sound so positive and contented.
                                Techie, once again thank you for taking the time to start our day with a positive quote. I always appreciate them.

Alcohol is such a depressant. It is such a conundrum that we think drinking will be fun when in truth for us, it is just the opposite. I am so sorry to say that I once again made the choice to try drinking just a couple glasses of wine last night. It didn't go well and I didn't stop at two. I don't feel physically sick this morning, thankfully. But I am feeling so low and disgusted with myself and I know I will be dealing with these feelings all day. I don't look at it as having to start over at day one, but I am fervently hoping that this is the absolute last time I do this. I am 70 years old and for goodness sake, I should know better and I should do better for myself!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X