Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had a very enjoyable lunch yesterday with the Parkinson’s support group ladies, the first time we’ve seen them in person for 2 years due to Covid.

Techie, hope your appointment went well. Glad you got to see your granddaughter. They change so much and so fast when they’re newborn.

A mild, dry day so that means barbecue for supper. Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad you had a nice lunch yesterday with the Parkinson support ladies, QW! It was sweet of you and Mrs. Q to show them your appreciation in that way.

Rava, I'm glad you have a buddy as a support. It's always so nice to have someone you can share with.

Beautiful morning here too, Jude! We have a mockingbird in our yard this year. I just love them and I don't remember having one before.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy weekend, everyone! Hoping for an easy 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Long day at Stanford but went well as I hoped. Happy to hear you had a good lunch w/ the P group QW. Heading over to daughters house in a bit and will hike with the family. So, with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; May 14, 2022, 10:10 AM.
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
            Too cold to sit outside this morning. Only in the 30s. Brrrrr Hoping to get in a hike later. Shouldn't see any rattle snakes with these low temps so that's a plus! !
            It's been unseasonably cool and wet here too, with no end in sight. All the blossoms/flowers are out, but it really doesn't quite feel like spring yet. Like you (ie getting a hike in), I just have to take advantage of the breaks in the weather when they come. I tend to get too fixated on the (depressing) forecast, so just trying to take things more as they come.
            Last edited by Mulburry; May 14, 2022, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Dill, I have never seen a mockingbird, and not even sure if there are any around here. Very cool that you were able to do so!

Another porch morning with my coffee, and I am loving it. It's supposed to be chilly this coming week, so the porch may have to be out on hold for awhile.

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's breakfast time!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much new here, just going from field to field getting the seed in the ground. We're still hoping to finish up by the end of the month or first week in June. It's getting to that point where we could sure use some rain, for the fields and to get a break from the tractor lol.

Comment

Made it for breakfast today. Thanks Cowboy. Techie, so glad you report was good! Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you!!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, glad your appointment went well. And how was your visit with your granddaughter?

Nice to see things greening up here, trees getting their leaves and flowers starting to bloom. I know people are always so happy to get flowers planted in the spring, and the stores have been selling plants for several weeks already, but in this part of Alberta, the unwritten rule is not to plant anything before May 24th because of frost risk. Ya don’t suppose the stores put plants out early knowing there’s a risk of the plants dying just so they can sell more plants. Nah, they’d never do that.

Our son leaves for 11 days in Denmark and Estonia today as part of his executive MBA program. It’s a working trip so there won’t be much time for doing tourist things. Not sure how I feel about him going to Europe right now though.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and ABC breakfast lovers. Thank you Cowboy. I accept another lovely blissful twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible m. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for breakfast! I'll take another 24!

Comment

QW, your son will likely be just fine. He can't have been raised by you and Mrs. QW without acquiring a good bit of common sense!

That was an interesting way of making eggs, Cowboy! I might try that here sometime. Thanks again for another great breakfast!

I love this time of year! Today I planted chives, parsley and rosemary in a planter on the deck. Last week we planted chocolate mint, basil, and cilantro in another planter. Mr. D is busy in his veggie garden.

Jude, I wonder if Mockingbirds are ranging further north than they used to. I just started seeing them in the last year or two. We had a strange event last year then never got explained. Migratory birds in our area were dying in large number. I think it changed some of the patterns of the birds that survived. But as I say, I never found a follow up story in the news as to what any investigation turned up. Initially they were thinking it was viral.

24 Please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It's been a busy but excellent weekend. My son and I spent the evening together yesterday and I cooked two juicy steaks with a shallot / garlic / thyme sauce to go over the top.

Other than that, just living life and being grateful for what I have. I humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X