No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got away with just using to leaf blower yesterday to get rid of the snow but I won't be so lucky today. We've got a bit of a blizzard blowing out there this morning with gusty winds and moderate snow falling. I have to travel to Mannville this morning to replace a motor on the kitchen exhaust fan in the Arena as they have a hockey game tonight and need the fan running to cook food for the hockey fans. I'm not sure what will be worse, the drive there and back or working on the roof to change the motor lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Mulberry I totally understand your thoughts on alcohol in the house. When I quit for 8 years I had a bottle of wine in the refrigerator and never even thought about it. Fast forward to 15 years later and I guess my brain has rewired again. Now that I see a bottle, I’m gonna drink it. Of course I have driven to the store also to buy it too. There are so many levels to a drinking problem. Excuses and more excuses. UGH!!! I hope in my next life, I will be a social drinker that has not turned bad. Techie, thinking of you and your health struggle. If anyone can fight it, I know you can. Dill, good luck with your stinking dog. What a challenge! That smell lingers and even after it’s gone, you will probably continue to smell it in your mind. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. Yard work for me today.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It looks like i will be in an apartment here in the next two weeks. It will be nice to have the stability of a place that is my own again, but what an odd feeling. The emotions that surround the whole thing are very hard to process and peal apart.

I hope everyone has a splendid Thursday, and I will gratefully ask for 24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m looking forward to having our grandkids here for part of the day. This is a long weekend coming up and the kids are off school until Tuesday. We’re getting snow today so outside activities might be limited. The kids like to play board games so will get out Sorry and Scrabble. Might also play Cribbage. We don’t have any video games so this will be a change from their regular routine.

Safe driving today Cowboy and be careful on that roof!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Thursday everyone!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, I hate the thought of you on that roof! Be careful and safe travels.

Rava, your story is mine. Ugh is right. Asking for another 24 but more important, doing all I can to make it happen!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rooftop Cowboys. Cold weather moving back in my area. Brr. Nothing if import this morning, so I’ll get right to it. I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Late check in for me today. 24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                    Good morning Cafe. Mulberry I totally understand your thoughts on alcohol in the house. When I quit for 8 years I had a bottle of wine in the refrigerator and never even thought about it. Fast forward to 15 years later and I guess my brain has rewired again. Now that I see a bottle, I’m gonna drink it. Of course I have driven to the store also to buy it too. There are so many levels to a drinking problem. Excuses and more excuses. UGH!!! I hope in my next life, I will be a social drinker that has not turned bad. Techie, thinking of you and your health struggle. If anyone can fight it, I know you can. Dill, good luck with your stinking dog. What a challenge! That smell lingers and even after it’s gone, you will probably continue to smell it in your mind. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. Yard work for me today.
                    Ya it takes an absolutely resolute mindset, doesn't it? Which right now I seem to have. Who knows what the future will bring and if I'll be able to sustain it but I hope so.

But for the moment I'll just concentrate on the next 24.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; February 17, 2022, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Hope that you stayed safe on the road and the roof yesterday cowboy! I bet days like that make you look forward to retirement!

Yesterday's rain has changed to snow overnight with a howling wind. Looks like another good day to read by the fire!

Humbly asking for another 24 hours.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It wasn't too bad of a day yesterday. I waited till around 9:30 for the snow to let up a bit then headed out. Driving wasn't the greatest with some whiteout conditions but got there and the fan motor replaced just fine. I hope the people enjoyed their rink burgers and fries last night lol. When I got home I had a date with the snow shovel though haha. A bit more snow overnight but I think the leaf blower will handle it, not sure if I should worry about it or wait till later as it's supposed to start snowing again mid-morning. I'm going to take the day off and do some railroading and since Monday is a holiday it'll give me a 4 day weekend.

I'm trying to think of something to say to cheer you up [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], but I know moving into an apartment by myself would feel somewhat permanent. You just have to work hard on your sobriety and your relationship with your wife, prove to her that her and the kids are more important to you than booze will ever be.

Comment

Good advice Cowboy waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Friday for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please thank you.

I found out that the grandkids play Sorry for keeps and show no mercy, not even to their Granddad! We had a lot of fun and had lunch at Dairy Queen after. Our son and daughter in law are doing a great job in raising two polite, caring young people.

Glad you stayed safe yesterday Cowboy. A 4 day weekend will give you a taste of retirement!

I’m putting Bisquick to work today. For the first time since we moved in to the condo, we’re having company for supper tonight. BTW, sourdough bread makes an excellent grilled cheese sandwich, as I discovered the other day.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Woke up with a headache as if I drank last night. I hate it when that happens but it is a reminder the price you pay the day after, if you imbibe!

Glad you made it safe and sound, ABC. Enjoy your 4 day weekend!

Happy AF Friday! May we all have an easy day. I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Working...
                                X