~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

We had loads of rain and very mild temps yesterday, like an April day. It was tough driving, but I sure did love the warm weather and the reminder that Spring is just around the corner. :0 Overnight the temp dropped by 35 degrees overnight and this morning the grass was crunchy under my feet. Ah well...

Let's all have another 24!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and blizzard survivors. Busy day today. Chiropractor and massage, zoom meetings, and dinner out with friends. So, with a deep sense of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Have a Great weekend. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe. I totally forgot to check in this morning. Ginger, sorry about that headache. That reminds me that my last attempt at normal drinking involved a 2 day headache. UGH. Just remembering that makes me not want to drink. Wishing everyone a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
          Woke up with a headache as if I drank last night. I hate it when that happens but it is a reminder the price you pay the day after, if you imbibe!
          I can totally relate. I was just thinking the other day, how often I almost feel like I'm hung over these days (I guess feeling mildly sick a lot does a pretty good job of simulating a hangover). It's kind of ironic, finally quit drinking at still feel hungover-ish... I guess it's the price to pay for 8 years of daily drinking (hopefully the hangover doesn't last 8 years).

It was tough driving, but I sure did love the warm weather and the reminder that Spring is just around the corner
          Had a few days like this recently, about 12C and sunny, some flowers coming out already, so nice to get some days like that... even if it's false spring.
          Last edited by Mulburry; February 18, 2022, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Short night, up at 2:00 am, so here I am. One of the perks of being retired is that I can catch a nap later today. :sleeping:

QW, grilled cheese sandwiches...yum! Haven't had one in ages, but that might have to change!

More snow, wind, and cold in the forecast today, so it looks like another date with the fireplace and a good book.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Foggy here this morning. Wishing everyone a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think you'll need more than a nap this afternoon [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] lol, that's pretty darn early to start a full day!

I don't remember what a hangover feels like, all I can remember is the dry mouth and 3am sweats, those are enough of a reminder that I don't need any booze!

No shoveling this morning, but from the looks of the forecast we have an ugly afternoon in store for us. We're supposed to get a snow/freezing rain mix along with gusting winds and the temp is supposed to start dropping again for a few days. Think I might watch some golf on the tv this afternoon and dream haha.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cold but clear here today. We have a few more "warm" days in store this week tho, so I'll look forward. I think I'm done with winter. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], when I was a kid I remember being baffled by my dad watching golf on TV! I totally get it, now.

Gratefully looking forward to another al free 24!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Headed to a farmers market to get some fresh local produce. Looking forward to an awesome salad tonight.

Beautiful day here today. I'll gladly take another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! We had a good snow here on Thursday, which turned into solid ice overnight into Friday. I was up at 4:00 yesterday morning and drove up to the city to work out of the office. I bet I saw 30 cars off the road on the way. I made it but regretted deciding to go about halfway there (but I was already half way there). Anyway, I humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Sounds good Ginger,I've been having way roo much salad this week tho! Waves too the gang and wishes for a great AF day for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We're to get some nasty winter weather this afternoon, lots of snow & wind before temperatures plunge for a few days. Cowboy, I thought I asked you to keep the winter weather up north. Whats up with that?

We had our son the chef/butcher for a meal last evening, first company we've had for a meal since we moved. He enjoyed a home cooked meal and went home with a loaf of my sourdough bread.
                            I bought beer for him yesterday, first time in several months I've was in a liquor store. I was pleased there was absolutely no temptation to buy anything for me!

Off for a walk while it's mild. Think I'll have sourdough French toast when I get back.

Have a great afternoon Saturday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the snow I’ve bound. Sone snow coming to The Tahoe Basin which is desperately needed. Meanwhile, wife and I are heading to The Peninsula to see granddaughter for a week or two. Living out of a suitcase brings back memories of my corporate life. So, with deep appreciation for life, lots of gratitude in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. Plant based diet is going ok. I just need to avoid neighbors grilling on my evening walks.

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

10°F this morning, but at least the snow and wind have stopped. Looking forward to some warmer temps next week!

Humbly asking for another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X