~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Wishing everyone a great saturday. Yesterday was a bad day and I blew it. Back on the horse today. I know what to do. My brain just keeps telling me otherwise. I know I am stronger than this and disappoint myself over and over. Today is a new day. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Rava; March 12, 2022, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

I'm in for another snowy 24 hours!

Comment

5:37am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to have you come right back [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! You need to come up with something different to do when drinking thoughts hit, not sure what it might be that would work for you though...any suggestions?

It wasn't good news about my truck yesterday. The gears in the front differential piled up and a broken gear piece punched a hole in the housing. They have or have access to all the parts required except for the housing and there doesn't appear to be one anywhere in North America! They started looking for a complete new differential and they were checking with Ford Canada to get the approval to replace the whole unit under warranty. So Monday I will be down there to pick up a courtesy truck and get some tools out of my truck as I have 2 small jobs that have to get done.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope your truck gets fixed quickly Cowboy. Nice that they’re providing a courtesy vehicle and everything is covered under warranty.

Rava, glad you’re back with your Cafe buddies. I’m glad you, and others including me, feel comfortable admitting a slip.
            I’m concerned about being tempted to drink when we’re in Mexico this November. The last time we were there, I lasted the 10 days without drinking although I admit having alcohol everywhere, it would have been easy. I suggested to Palladium Resorts they should offer an all inclusive package that excludes booze as I resent subsidizing those who overindulge.

Mild weather has returned for the next week, unusual for Alberta this time of year but I’m not complaining!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That's an interesting idea, QW. Two different "all inclusive" packages, one with alcohol on offer and one without. I somehow don't think they'll go for it as it is already baked in that the non drinkers are subsidizing the drinkers! That would be my guess anyway.

Sounds like a pretty good outcome on the truck, Cowboy!

Rava, you know what to do! Keep at it. You're playing the long game afterall!

24 more, please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QW, I love that idea! Maybe you should submit to Change.org.

Nothing but 80s on the way here. Just a couple more weeks before we head home. We will be towing our other 5th wheel home. It will be a costly trip with gas prices! Oh well, there are way worse problems to have.

Rava, I feel ya. Email or call anytime. Enjoy your day everyone. 24 more!

Comment

Running late. Another 24. Blessings x
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                      Dill, I’m glad Mr D’s biopsy results were negative. As Mrs QW and I have found, we know a lot of what it isn’t that’s causing grief, just not what it is. I hope you soon get answers
                      I'm in a similar situation, have had non-stop medical tests and appointments but still haven't figured out what's wrong for sure. I do still have liver disease so that could be it, but the doc doesn't think it's bad enough to cause the symptoms. At least I now know I don't have heart disease, HIV, celiac etc. etc., but it's frustrating to not know what's wrong, if it will get ever get better or get worse, or what can be done about it. Anyways, hope you get some answers too.

Comment

Sorry about your truck cowboy. Hopefully they can find the parts needed to get you back on the road soon!

Still cold and snowy here, but it's supposed to warm up next week, so it should be melting soon.

I would be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you very much.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends gave signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's breakfast time, even with the time change lol.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the breakfast Cowboy. This time change had me up earlier than usual. Feeling much better today and no alcohol yesterday so on a better track today. Its freezing cold this morning in Florida. Not used to the 40’s for daytime temp. Hopefully it will warm up today. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope you made the coffee extra strong this morning to go along with brekkie Cowboy! Dummy here went to bed earlier than usual but I’m at a good part in a book, couldn’t put it down and stayed up much later than normal. Nice to have a tired head not caused by alcohol!
                                I see an afternoon nap in my future!!

Mulberry, I hope the doctors are soon able to diagnose what’s causing you grief. The process of elimination is frustrating, as you know.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X