~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, I understand how the demands of the season may be causing more triggers. That is the same for me. One of the stressors in the lack of routine and another is the increase in social events. But, so far, so good. We can do this!

Cowboy, so sorry to hear you and Bubba have both had covid! I hope you get back to full strength soon.

Glad you had a good hike yesterday, Ginger. I think I'll get out and get a short hike right now.

Jude, how are you getting along with the boot?

Rava and Jude, I'm going to take a couple of days off from the Word Association threads. I'll be back Monday or Tuesday.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; December 29, 2023, 02:33 PM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cowboy, getting covid really sucks, especially during the holidays. Glad to hear that you and Bubba are starting to feel better though.

Rava, staying sober during the holidays is always a challenge. I always try to fast forward to how I would feel the next day, both physically and emotionally. Don't take that first drink and you will be fine. Cravings are just thoughts in your head and nothing more. You can do this!

24 more please...

Comment

I'll join you in another 24!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'd say we're both back to about 90% normal again. Bubba will have to stop in at the drug store and pick up more test kits so that we know when it's safe to be out and about without having to wear masks.

Hard to believe that 2023 is coming to a close, it sure seemed to fly by. Let's make sure we close out 2023 and start 2024 being non-drinkers and proud of it!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Agreed, ABC! I'll take another.

Comment

I agree the holidays always hold some nostalgic cravings for the devil drink, but being around (non-drinking) family and not being exposed does make it a bit easier. It's been a good week; we've had a couple friends that were passing through drop by, and I've gotten out for some hikes with my brother (can't believe how mild the weather is this year, it feels like spring when the sun comes out).
                Hopefully all of you that are struggling through this time can stay strong.... and have a very merry AF New Years!
                Last edited by Mulburry; December 30, 2023, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe that another year has flown by! Anyone have plans for New Years Eve? We are having a couple of friends over for dinner. They don't drink either so there will be no booze in sight.

Hope that you are doing OK Rava, just don't take that first drink and you will be fine.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's time for some breakfast, the last one of 2023!

Comment

No special plans for New Years here, Jude. We will be ringing in the year with a quiet evening at home and will be in bed before midnight. I may put out a few extra snacks to munch on while we watch a movie. No alcohol here.

Glad you are feeling better, Cowboy and hope you and Bubba can get back to normal by tomorrow!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Comment

Yay for me! I arrived just as Cowboy was setting out the buffet! Delicious! Thanks Cowboy for another year of special, sober, Sunday brunches.
                          Dill

Comment

Yep, you got here just in time [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

No plans here either [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it'll be just a quiet night at home for Bubba and I. We used to stay up to see the New Year's in and to wish our oldest daughter a Happy Birthday, but haven't done that for years now, can't seem to stay awake much past 9:30 anymore lol.

Comment

That's a great breakfast, ABC! And all laid out on a charcuterie board. I just finished making one yesterday our of a piece of oak I had laying around.

We will be having snacks and playing cards at the neighbors around 4p today. That will get us home well before midnight! Lol

I'm having a flare up of knee bursitis so I'm having to take it easy a few days. Too much carpet laying, I suspect.

I'll take another day on this last day of 2023!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I am here with my tail between my legs….. UGH. Double UGH. I know you all know what I am talking about. Words cant even express how terrible I feel. Today is another day. Once I get out of bed I will NOT drink. 24 please…..

Comment

Working...
                                X