No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Enjoying perfect AZ temps and a round of golf later. Going to try and get a hike in tomorrow! Retirement is rough. 😉

I'll take another day!

Comment

Our neighbor's across the street are German [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], and he makes Stollen every Christmas, but I've never tried it. Maybe I'll have to give it a go.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The weather has finally turned seasonably cold! Goodbye, mud!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Lots of rain here as well Rava! Three dogs and mud are not a good combination!

Are we the only thread on this site anymore? Where did everyone go?

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Jude, I found MWO a little bit after it was founded by Roberta and the traffic to the site was phenomenal. So many good and active threads and so much to read and learn. I came in on the tail end of that. This site has been a Godsend but without another major best seller, I think it will continue to fade. I am grateful for all that it has done to help me and many, many others. I'm grateful that it gave me the opportunity to find my friends here in Cowboy's Cafe. :heartbeat:

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Comment

I think there's only 2 active threads anymore left here, so many people have come and gone over the years and I'm not sure the reason why. I know I'll be sticking around until someone decides that it's time to turn the lights off for good. You've all become such good friends, more like family really, and I'd really hate to see that end.

How did the pizza night go [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? Did you find enough room for everyone to enjoy the get together?

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for asking Cowboy, pizza night went great. We all found a place to sit some on couch, some on the floor. It all worked out. In the summer it will be easier as we have a little outside area. We have 3 grands here still sleeping. This is what I love about this place. Seeing lots of family then heading south for a winter break. LOL. I didn't know we were one of the last threads remaining. I would hate to see this site go. It seems like so much has changed with peoples views of drinking. Back in the day AA was the absolute only way to even attempt to recover and now there are so many options. I like having options. AA is not for everyone. But when it works, it’s great. I have loved this site and feel like i am able to admit when I stumble without judgement. I hope everyone has a great day. Dill, Yay for less mud. I remember those days. LOL. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Lights will never go out in the Cafe! We'll just move over to the site ABC created. Honestly, with the cost of technology and hosting sites, I'm surprised it's still online! We'll enjoy it here as long as it's available!

Golf was beautiful yesterday. Off for a hike today.

I'll take another!

Comment

Yes, it will be a sad day if this site decides to close. I consider all of you as good friends, and I'm glad that we have the backup site as a safety net.

Here's to another 24 hours for all of us...

Comment

Good morning and wishing everyone a wonderful day. Heading north today for our last round of grandkids. Shew! This is why old people dont have kids. Being honest it’s been a bit of a struggle for me this time of year. Everyday I crave it. I feel like I go backwards and forward. I will keep moving forward. 24 hours ahead for me is what I am striving for. I got this!

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

You're right [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], you've got this!

I didn't mention this earlier but Bubba and I both got Covid about a week ago. I think we've both finally turned the corner and are starting to feel better. It is definitely not a pleasant way to spend the Christmas season lol. But we're improving each day now and hopefully the symptoms don't last for much longer.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, ABC. Hope you both feel 100% soon.

Rava, you got this. You're an inspiration to me!

Lovely hike yesterday! I'll take another.

Comment

Working...
                                X