No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Ginger! That must have been some really wild weather! I'm not sure I would survive the retirement community social scene. Too much temptation for this gal!

Nice you slept in, Jude! That's a rare treat. Are you glad to be back to work after your long recuperation?

Hey Cowboy, are you going to be helping with the canola crop this year?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you,.

Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
      Jude58 Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully you'll figure out what's got you down Jude, and get things looking up again.

I saw that storm video Ginger, I'd have been headed for cover as well!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Ginger, I saw the storm video on FB. It's amazing how these things can pop up so suddenly!

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Jude, today it was MY turn to sleep in. It was wonderful! I almost never manage to stay asleep until 6am, but I did this morning.

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's going to be 84
              Last edited by Ginger999; March 20, 2024, 08:48 AM. Reason: I lost my second post too. I guess its because I started my post with a numeric value.

Comment

Trying to post but it keep truncating it. I'll take another.

Comment

Short night with 2 hours of sleep due to brain squalls. There are nights that no matter what I do, my brain will not shut down. (I'm sure that in the middle of my work shift, everything will shut down.) In my drinking days whenever I couldn't sleep, I would get up and have a few glasses of wine, pass out, and wake up feeling like crap.

It's snowing hard here with a gusty wind. Ginger, your 84

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. I have still been having issues with my log on and Jod has been amazing. For some reason I just randomly tried to log on and it worked. So hopefully the problem is solved. Ginger, I bet that storm was wicked!! Jude I hope you get out of your slump. Having no sleep doesnt help. But at least you are sober. Dill you saying you could not survive a retirement community is how I feel and I am living in one. The neighbors like to go out at night and listen to bands, etc and we always say no. They probably think we are so weird. I know we could go and I could get a soda or water but I am not interested in being in that atmosphere where the temptation is just too strong. I was never a day drinker so daytime activities are not a problem. Well I hope everyone has a great day. If I dont log on tomorrow you will know its sign on issues. I am calling my cable company today about my old router. Hoping that might be the issue. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      Jude58 dill Ginger999

Comment

I can easily lose sleep as well Jude if my mind is in overdrive, hopefully you have a good day and get a better sleep tonight.

I'm sure they'll get the log in bugs figured out Rava, and I see that some posts seem to keep missing in other threads as well. I'm sure the IT people are working hard at ironing out the bugs.

Bubba and I aren't much for evening adventures either except for the Senior's dances, but we love to dance and they are alcohol free so it makes for an enjoyable evening out.

Comment

ABC, that sounds like a lovely thing to do with Bubba. I'm glad you have that outlet occasionally.

I'm really struggling with all this AL activity. I'll be glad to get home to our quiet life.

Headed to hike at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. Last time we went, we ran into a mama javelina and her babies. Hope to see some again. If not, the flowers are in bloom and that will be beautiful!

Jude, recently before I fall asleep, I've been keying up a meditation sleep pod cast. If I wake up, I put in an ear bud and listen. I've been falling back to sleep so soundly. Your brain sounds very much like mine. It's really busy in there. 😵

techie, how are you?

I hope we all have an easy day. I'll take another!

Comment

Rava, good to see you today! I was missing your cheerful avatar and your sunny disposition. Any trips planned to see the grands?

Ginger, I keep my earbuds handy for times that I wake in the night too! I usually listen to a novel. I set the sleep timer so I can fall asleep and not get too far off track. Meditation podcasts sound like a great option, too.

24 more please and thank you.

Dill

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Comment

Good morning cafe! Thanks for all of the advice on sleeping, I did manage to get in 9 hours of blissful rest last night. Yay!

Still having issues after the upgrade. My avatar is MIA and I keep getting booted off and have to log back in. Not really a big deal, just another of life's minor glitches.

While stumbling around on the forum earlier, I came upon the first post in the new thread of cattleman cafe, previously called 24 hours? Very interesting reading and worth a look see if anyone wants to check it out.

Anyhow, here's to another 24 hours of freedom for all of us!

Comment

Working...
                                X