No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] @W [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

It must look strange to the newcomers and guests who look in, how do all these strangers talk to each other as if they've known each other for life! People for the most part who have never seen each other, much less grown up together, or went to school together. Yet we share each others pain and happy times as if we did. Well, if you're looking in, why not join us and find out how amazing this community is!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Belated Birthday Paulywogg! Hope it was a wonderful day

24 please for me and a piece of that cake!

Comment

Cowboy, I've often wondered that too but I figure if Internet romances can come true and work out,then why not Internet family? I see people on this forum as my sober sisters and brothers and I truly care about them and their lives,I feel surrounded by the best of the best!
        Last edited by paulywogg; September 8, 2017, 08:24 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wonderful thoughts on family and community here. Yes, we're all just looking to better ourselves, and for a better life.
          Happy belated birthday Pauly.
          I love cake, lol.
          It angers me too about why we're just hearing this about Equifax.
          Take care all, 24 more for all of us.

Comment

11:10 on a sunny Friday morning here in the bunker, 66 f. Committing to another 24.

Happy belated birthday [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION].
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hey [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], did you get safely evacuated?
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] ... Equifax breach provokes frustration for Canadians - Business - CBC News ... Recent canadian article. As the UK (CBC and BBC) are very much linked we get similar news, but in Canada we read both or in my case all 3. American, Canadian and European.
                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                  It must look strange to the newcomers and guests who look in, how do all these strangers talk to each other as if they've known each other for life! People for the most part who have never seen each other, much less grown up together, or went to school together. Yet we share each others pain and happy times as if we did. Well, if you're looking in, why not join us and find out how amazing this community is!
                  We have one very very big thing in common. AL and near, struggling, or complete sobriety. Its a support network. Advice, most of the time appropriate commentary. It avoids sheer isolation. As recovered or recovering alcoholics many of us were never heard because we were dismissed as drunks. We often have a lot we need to say and there are not a lot of listening ears. As sobriety evolves our minds move to what causes it in the first place so our topics vary widely. But thats all in the process. I do realize its very public if you know how to find it and it must look very odd to most people.
                  Last edited by empyr3al; September 8, 2017, 08:50 PM.
                  "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

This time last Saturday I was blind (had a terrible collapse in judgement and was awake with anxiety all night and glad I didn’t buy any AL today. So getting ready for a good start to this week. Will add cig quit in as well . May use Val’s if I struggle so here’s to 24
                    Last edited by Neo; September 9, 2017, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.
                      ~Nicholas M. Butler

Nice, cool fall morning here. Time to turn on the news and see what Irma did while I was sleeping.
                      24 for me and all who wish it!
                      Last edited by dill; September 9, 2017, 06:38 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:55 in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Beautiful morning here, but I'm worried about all my friends in Florida, especially my Mom and sister. My sister has to stay as she works for the power company, and coordinates the crews that will be coming in to repair the damage, and put things back together. She helps them with lodging, showers, laundry, food, etc. a huge job. They'll be busy for weeks if not months. A friend, who left, counted well over 200 bucket line trucks headed south, and even a truck from Houston with two generators. So many people have to stay, first responders, medical personel, utility workers... pray for their safety. Irma's new path in direct line now to where my Mom and sister are, St Pete. They've moved a little inland off the coast where they live, (not together, but close by) to a non-mandatory evacuation area, staying in a hotel. But they'll still get slammed.
                          Here's to 24 more, and safety for all of us. I know I'll be safe as long as I don't drink.

Comment

7:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] @ [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

I want to thank [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] for doing the daily quotes this past week! Another member will do next week, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out who lol. It's been refreshing for me to read the quotes that dill came up with, seeing what others find inspirational and how it inspires or motivates me as well.

I have a schedule for the next year for those who volunteered, and I'll give a weeks notice of when your turn is coming up next. If you want more notice, let me know. I don't want anyone to feel bad if they didn't volunteer, every post here is important to me, and you are contributing by just being here!

Comment

X-post Mr V, my thoughts and prayers for your family's safety, and for everyone in Irma's path. We do seem to forget the First Responder's who stay behind and put their lives on the line for the rest of us, a special prayer goes out to them....

Comment

61 f and sunny here in Jersey at 10:45 on this wonderful Saturday morning. As always, another day in paradise. Committing to another 24.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X