No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you back in the Club Sky, I hope our chats are helping!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have a brother-in-law somewhat like your sister Neo. He's sucked my mother and father in law dry, to the point that they are having trouble paying their monthly bills. He used to stop by for a visit every so often, but hardly at all anymore since the well went dry. And his wife hasn't visited once in the past 7 years!

I hear you on the dreams dill, thankfully I sleep soundly now.

I enjoyed reading your post in the Nest Sky, funny how something so small such as a song can affect us when we need it most, divine intervention works in mysterious ways..
      Last edited by abcowboy; October 26, 2017, 07:53 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

24 more for me please!

Comment

Checked in at noon this time for 24 again.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], Its super interesting the dreams once we get a hold of them to recall behaviours. At first they seem frightening. In regards to Acid Reflux. I was prescribed omeprazole while I was drinking for acid reflux (obvious cause was I was drinking and not eating right). Turns out there are new massive warnings about them shortening life span. heartburn-proton-pump-inhibitor-death. Protein Pump Inhibitor class drugs like Prilosec which is the brand name of omeprazole, etc. I stopped using it promptly.

Interesting facts about PPI's I learned doing research is that drugs such as omeprazole increase the effect of any benzo like valium. So there is a multitude of risks to PPI's. I changed my diet and killed the PPI which also turns out to kill gut flora also which is essential to absorption of essential minerals and vitamins. Not that straight vodka didn't kill gut flora! I started using Ensure during the day while working instead of omeprazole to try to settle the fact I wasn't eating properly. Turns out for me simply eating green vegetables and stopping the vodka turned off the acid reflux which was burning my throat and making my mucus membranes go insane. Post nasal drip, etc.

Good for you for getting off of it. Saved you a couple years of life

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], do it
          Last edited by empyr3al; October 26, 2017, 11:35 AM.
          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Please put me in for another 24 hours!

Thank you empyr that is great info to know. Our health is our biggest asset.

Comment

Hi everyone - I’m in for 24 more.
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm also in for 24 more!

Comment

Here for 24. Planning my next week out over this weekend. Going to try a yoga class and plan some time out by the river, may catch up with an old friend

Comment

We finally had our first really heavy frost yesterday. It was beautiful.

Committing to 24 here on a cool Autumn morning in southern Ohio.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Intereresting Info on the PPI's Empy, I did not know about the warnings. I never used any of them, relied on Tums, etc. I now take ACV everyday, It keeps things in check for me. Sounds counter intuitive, but the acid signals the stomach to stop producing more, from what I hear. Not drinking and a good diet with lots of vegetables really does the trick.
                      Went on a short day trip yesterday to a workshop in the mountains of Kentucky, saw lots of old friends, a really good day, and the weather was perfect, starting to see lots of color in the trees.It was wonderful.
                      24 more for me please.

Comment

6:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] @emyr3al [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Mr V and Dill, Bubba wanted me to ask you guys if you've ever been to the Donkey Café in Athens? seems it was mentioned in something she was reading. I Googled it and it sounds like my kind of place!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; October 27, 2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

6:35 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

No, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I have never been to the Donkey Café. I'll google it. My daughter went to Ohio University which is in Athens tho!:happy2: Big old party school!
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Aren’t all colleges/universities party schools Dill, heck even high school was party time for me!! lol

I just read this on FB, if you add your age to the year you were born, it will add up to 2017, this only happens every 1000 year’s! Pretty cool me thinks! 60 + 1957 = 2017

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                                Aren’t all colleges/universities party schools Dill, heck even high school was party time for me!! lol

I just read this on FB, if you add your age to the year you were born, it will add up to 2017, this only happens every 1000 year’s! Pretty cool me thinks! 60 + 1957 = 2017
                                Tested this math out. It assumes you already had your birthday that year.... Turns out it works for every year. 2016, 2015...
                                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X