~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], that is awesome! Congrats! Thank you [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] for the heads up on Ori's achievement.

Best wishes to those embarking on a nicotine quit. I know you have the grit. I'll be pulling for you!

24 for me, please.
    Last edited by dill; May 9, 2017, 08:38 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please, Calgary Alberta, Canada
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

A sunny 53f as we get past noon here in Jersey. Thanks for the congrats and another 24 please!

Quitting smoking is next on my agenda but haven't picked a day yet. It's pretty much a mixed bag of advice from what I've read though when I was working on the psych/detox unit (the irony!) they did decide to ban smoking. Never tried the patch but have tried Nicorette. Recently picked up Allen Car's Easy Way to Quit Smoking but haven't read it yet. (Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking > Home)
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 please on this sunny-busy day.

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]. Thank you for clarifying PB. The only thing that came to my head was peanut butter. Must be subconsciously thinking of peanut butter. Mr WF would have known immediately as he loves sports. Not that being AF is a sport. Well, maybe, sorta. Thank you for the good thoughts. Please think hard for Mr WF. Lol... Ugh...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Should we start a new thread, or does everyone thinks its OK to post on giving up those life sucking, money sucking ciggies? Glad to hear your boss will be happy. Hope you are in time. Just reading all these comments, I had a craving and went out on deck for one. I to have been told to wait a year into sobriety. I did that before. My PB was 19 months. I don't know, but want to try. Feel if I keep waiting my health will continue to decline. I may go buy some aids. I find it strange that your Dr told you to continue smoking. Unless, I'm comprehending this wrong. If I'm not, is your Dr named Frakenstein? Lol

[MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] Thank you!... :smile: Awesome your hubs has ten yrs! Does he continue to use Lozengers for their stimulating effect? Whatever keeps him, or anyone smoke free is awesome!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] Most of us have hit that reset button many-many times. Glad your not giving up. Read in Newbies Nest. Will you talk to the Mrs in keeping all alcohol out of the house. Some people can be around it early on. I'm not one of them. Hope you feel better soon. Thank you for the well wishes.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Thank you for the grit of confidence, for those of us who are embarking on this nicotine quit. We appreciate you pulling for us. Prayers accepted.

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] Hope your day was good. Glad your here. Appreciate your seasoned wisdom. :smile:

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] :welldone: Congratulations on your 100 AF days! Woot-Woot. Hope you treated yourself to something nice. Read Carr's book on Alcohol. Think some of the same principles apply. I to have read a mixed bag. Now that we have a resident psych/detox person here. We can tell you all about our crappy cravings. Just kidding!... I'm trying hard not to psych myself out. I will get aids if needed. My state has a free program. It's national, but not all states participate. Utilized them before. Free e-counseling. They also call and we can call 24/7. Plus a Forum. Just getting scared here if I don't do it now, may not be able to enjoy favourite things. Plus the moolah. Makes me sick when I add it up. Let us know what you think of Carr's book. Join us anytime. Thank you for your help.

[MENTION=23891]Ramey[/MENTION] How are you doing? Hope when you have time you'll check in.

Waves to everyone. Everyone is :welcome: at the 24 hr Cafe.....

Comment

Wildflowers, yes my husband still uses the lozenges for the nicotine of the nicotine. He gets pretty jittery when he doesn't have one for a while. Interestingly, he has Crohn's disease and nicotine actually helps with some of the symptoms.

Another 24 please...

Comment

I'm just glad you're back, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] :hug: just keep that cycle going. [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], you're a sweetheart for asking ... Rosie is doing wonderfully and I couldn't love her more! She is a SNUGGLER and her kitten antics don't stop! She truly has a special spot in my heart. She is supposedly part Maine Coon, but based on her size (tiny) I don't know how she can be. But, based on her personality, there is no question! Doesn't much matter ... I love her either way!
              struggling with just 24, but I'm not going anywhere, so I'll ask for 24. I'll hang in here until I get what I'm looking for. Thanks everybody for being here! :hug:
              Last edited by idefineme; May 10, 2017, 01:07 AM.
              "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
              “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Had my last cigarette this arvo, didn't go down and buy more so 24hr of each today.Next 3-4 days are going to be fun lol. No nico patches, no nothing
                Last edited by Neo; May 10, 2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

It's 9am here in Scotland and I'll have another 24 please..

Comment

"Remember, as long as you are breathing it's never too late to start a new beginning.”

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Okay, it was my first night in the camper at the farm, I see I'm going to have to allow more time in the mornings!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A sunny 53f @ 9:20 am here in Jersey. Thank you everyone. Another 24 please!
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

24 more please.:happy2:

Loved the quote [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! It's a sad statement in our current times tho and hits close to home. We are losing so many of this young generation to opioids. My state of Ohio is number one in the nation for opioid deaths. It fills the evening news reports.

As the opioid epidemic rages, Ohio scrambling to handle flood of dead bodies | Ars Technica
                        Last edited by dill; May 10, 2017, 08:46 AM.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:44 in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Another 24 please!
                          Thanks for the mention Wildflowers
                          Dont drink today Everyone.
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I'll happily take another 24 hrs please. Thank you..

[MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] Thank you Kim for explaining. I'm truly sorry your husband suffers with Crohn's disease. Not fun. There appears to be over 100 autoimmune diseases. Think it continues to climb. Some are worse than others. I'm happy your husband has found some relief in Lozengers. I've decided to pick some up. Hope your day go's well.

[MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] Thanks for the update on adorable Rosie. She sounds like the perfect combination of cuddles, play and independence. I'm so happy she's bringing joy into your life!... I always wondered about purebreds to. Was told the same thing. Think professional breeders wouldn't breed with domestic house cats. The personality of the Maine Coon is what really matters imo. My boy kitty looks a bit like one and certainly displays some of the characters. Follows me like a little dog. We love our furbabies! Really glad your not going away!... Wished we didn't need to be here. However, wouldn't have met all you lovely people. There is strength in numbers. Grateful there's only 24 hrs in a day. As cowboy says never quit on your quit!.. You can do this!... :hug:

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] Love your enthusiasm!... Congratulations on making healthy decisions. Were here with you. Understand that this won't be a picnic. Please keep posting. Look forward to hearing from you!... I'll be with you on the smokes soon. :egad:

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Very sad indeed!... I hate addiction. Hate what its doing to young people. Hate what it does to anybody. Just that young people have their whole futures ahead of them. Article is very-very troubling! Very-very sad!..What more can be done? Laws have become stricter. Education in prevention. Parents being involved. Prayers.......

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] Appreciate you coming here daily. Reminding us, just don't drink today everyone. Thank you!.. There is power in 24 hrs. Anyone can go one day without drinking poison.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Hope you get some rest. Thank you for being a Farmer and a whole lot more!...ositive:

Hope everyone has a good AF day...

Comment

24 for me please. Late check in due to an early start at work today.
                              Congrats on 100 [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION]!
                              good luck on the Ciggies quit all. I know it's tough, I smoked for about 15, mostly when I drank, which was everyday. Quit when my son was born, about 25 years ago, luckily I had no trouble, just cravings early on when drinking.

Comment

Me, I will settle for anything about now. So another 24 would be fine w/me, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X