~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Quick check in for me today. Humbly asking for another 24. And some warmer temperatures would be nice, too!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“As one goes through life, one learns that if you don’t paddle your own canoe, you don’t move.” – Katharine Hepburn

Another cold day here with snow flurries, but no major storms in the forecast!

Humbly asking for another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Mr. V?????

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-18C (-3F) brrrrrr…..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I like that quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! But it's always easier if you have someone in the canoe with you helping to get to wherever it is you're going!

I see Mr V popped in yesterday morning for a bit, I imagine he's a busy fella and his frequent flyer miles are enormous lol.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good quote! I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A busy day ahead with delivery of a few gifts to those who help us throughout the year and preparation for having our granddaughter here tomorrow for an overnight visit. I wonder what mischief we’ll get into???

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and not only do you have to paddle the canoe but you also have to steer it and keep it going where you want it to go! And I agree with you [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] that an extra hand or two at the oars.

We woke up at 13 degrees F this morning which is well below average. I'm starting to get nervous about what's in store for us this winter.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cowboy, I recall saying last month when it was hunting season that the deer which had disappeared would return in December. This morning when Jessie and I walked we saw 12-15 deer in a farmer’s field!

Dill, we were around 0 F this morning but warmed up to the mid-30’s F by afternoon, thanks to a Chinook. Dill, do you get Alberta Clippers where you live?

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Had to share this. A liquor store is advertising Celebrate Real Friendship, 25% off everything December 8th.

Celebrate real friendship? Seriously? Is that what they think they offer? How about We’ll sell you poison , help you possibly kill yourself and others, ruin lots of lives and we’ll save you money! If only there was truth in advertising.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

“In this country, don’t forget, a habit is no damn private hell. There’s no solitary confinement outside of jail. A habit is hell for those you love. And in this country it’s the worst kind of hell for those who love you.”
                      ― Billie Holiday, Lady Sings the Blues

19F with a little Lake Effect snow in the forecast today. Looks like the hubs will get called in today. :cold:

Here's to another sober day and thank you very much! Have a great Saturday all!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Cold and clear, but thankfully the shovel is getting lonely lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

You had great quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], thanks! And today’s is about the victims behind the scenes, our loved ones! When I now think back on my drinking days, I think about the things I did and said that hurt them. I don’t think about me, the good times I had, but how my drinking affected those around me. They are truly the unsung heroes for sticking by me and believing in me when I had no faith in myself…

You’re right [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], the wildlife have a natural instinct for survival. When they hear the first gunshot, they go into survival mode. And when things quieten down, out they come again. Kinda like us, as alcoholics we wanted to protect our drinking, so we hid away and drank. Now that we’ve started our road to recovery, we can come out from hiding and get back to a normal way of living...
                          Last edited by abcowboy; December 8, 2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the quotes! Another 24 please and thank you!!

Comment

Yes QW, we get Alberta clippers all the way down in Ohio! I'm not particularly a big fan.

Our granddaughter is here this weekend for an overnight so we'll be busy keeping up with her. I got Walt Disney's Pinocchio from the library and can't wait to watch it!

Thanks for a week of really good quotes and food for thought, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].

24 please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; December 8, 2018, 01:30 PM.
                              Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], would you be offended if you knew Albertans think Clippers are funny? It’s only because we don’t get them though.

We’re picking up our granddaughter in a bit for an overnight stay. She and I are going to decorate gingerbread men! That should be fun.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday, af.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X