No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a bit behind on keeping up with the posts, been a bit busier with batching it, but Bubba is coming home today and I think Hank misses her more than I do lol.

Originally posted by Jude58
    How many drunken nights and slungover mornings did I worship at this altar, emptying myself of poison.
    Funny thing is, in 50 odd years of drinking, I can only remember 3 or 4 times puking up after drinking. I’m sure there were more, but that’s all I recall. Maybe it was a sign to me way back then that I was going to have a problem with alcohol.

At first, addiction is maintained by pleasure, but the intensity of this pleasure gradually diminishes and the addiction is then maintained by the avoidance of pain.
    So, so true! Drinking was “fun” in the beginning, but then I had to drink more and more trying to recapture the “fun”.

You know you’re an alcoholic when you misplace things … like a decade.
    Or 2, or 3, or more… How many things I missed out on throughout my drinking career…

Originally posted by lifechange
    It's true that I can't run from myself. I can't lie to myself. I know the truth and I have to live with whatever that truth is.
    You know [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I think we all did that, try and run from what we’d become. Lied to ourselves and to others, not wanting to face the truth. The truth is, we’re alcoholics, and we just can’t drink, not even one, not ever. It’s a hard truth to accept, but once we do, once we finally figure out that booze isn’t the solution to anything, quitting for good becomes that more easier. Stay strong my friend, you can beat this…

P.S. [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], you can’t “pinch” things from the Café, everything here is free, including the “sometimes lame” advice. lol
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

All great quotes. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My 3rd and last batch of nuts and bolts just hit the oven, had to use up all the ingredients I bought!

Quite cool this morning but warming up to freezing later on. Jessie and I will walk then.

I can’t believe the number of ads for al on all media. They show/talk about people enjoying themselves, having a great time and then finish the ads by saying please drink responsibly. As I wrote this, yet another ad aired for al, scotch this time. Were there truth in advertising, they’d say we’re poisoning you and making your life miserable and dangerous to others!

Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday af!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining
          I can’t believe the number of ads for al on all media. They show/talk about people enjoying themselves, having a great time and then finish the ads by saying please drink responsibly. As I wrote this, yet another ad aired for al, scotch this time. Were there truth in advertising, they’d say we’re poisoning you and making your life miserable and dangerous to others!
          Amen to that, QW! I dread the thought of where we're headed now that marijuana is being legalized in so many places.

I just finished making a batch of nuts and bolts. I just couldn't listen to all that and not make some!

Great quotes this week Jude!

24 please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Darn it, a bit more snow last night, cold and windy as well...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Recovery is not simple abstinence. It’s about healing the brain, remembering how to feel, learning how to make good decisions, becoming the kind of person who can engage in healthy relationships, cultivating the willingness to accept help from others, daring to be honest, and opening up to doing.” ~ Debra Jay

As we all know, recovery is a whole lot more than abstinence. It's about accepting the entire concept of sobriety, and embracing it. I think that in my recent relapse, I let my obsessive thoughts about drinking get the better of me. I was unable to stand back and see the whole picture, where everything looked bright and new. Alcohol keeps trying to pull me back down into that tunnel of darkness, but I refuse to give up.

Asking for another 24please and thank you very much!

Where you at Mr. V?

Comment

Sorry for the late check in. Woke up to the website I manage for a pet rescue offline. Back up but shaky. Have some work to do later. Wait..... aren't I retired? As I talked to a support person (sounded about 12 years old), I thought, this dinosaur is getting too old for this!

But I'll take another 24 please and thank you!
                Last edited by Ginger999; December 5, 2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] thank you for the quote and reflection. Attitude is everything. We have to keep at this and keep moving forward in our lives.

Wow [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'm impressed that you manage a website. Did you start that up after you retired or is it something you've done for a long while? Is it paid or volunteer work?

Still batching it [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]? We woke up to a layer of snow on the ground today too. Not deep but definitely a blanket of the white stuff. The cows looked miffed. We just turned them into a green pasture a couple days ago and now the ground is white instead. They are not laughing!

24 more, please and thank you.

Where are you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]? Everything ok?
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I worked for technology services at our college but didn't start this volunteer work until I retired in 2012. It was a way to give back to a great cause.

Comment

A very late check in for me. I’m just home from a youth justice meeting where we dealt with a young man who did something stupid and got caught. By successfully completing the consequences he was given, he’ll avoid having a criminal record. Thanks in part to supportive parents, I think he’ll do well.

Ginger, I’m envious of those who understand technical stuff and volunteer to help others. Funny, as I was fighting with my computer today didn’t I get a call from someone with a very thick accent who said he was from Microsoft and could help with my computer. Knowing this was a scam, I suggested we just cut to the chase and asked if he wanted my credit card number. ‘Visa or MasterCard” ? he replied. Now I was born at night but it wasn’t last night!

Hope everyone had a great af Wednesday.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

"What fascinates me about addiction and obsessive behavior is that people would choose an altered state of consciousness that's toxic and ostensibly destroys most aspects of your normal life, because for a brief moment you feel okay. "~Moby

27F with light snow this morning. I love the quiet that a fresh snowfall brings...

QW...because of you and others, the young man that you mentioned, will be given a second chance, and my hat goes off to you!

Where are you Mr. V? Miss your posts.....

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Cool, clear, and crisp out there this morning. Hank had a case of the "puppy zoomies" in the soft fresh fallen snow lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; December 6, 2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Bubba got home Tuesday afternoon [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. The two boys were more than happy to have her back!

Ya Mr V, where did you get to?

Good quote this morning Jude! Funny how I preferred to live my life in an alcohol haze rather than clear headed like I do now! But, that's addiction for you....

Comment

Morning All!

Another 24 please and thank you

Comment

I find that our youth justice (restorative justice) efforts most often have positive results as evidenced by the low rate of recidivism. The young man we dealt with last evening shook hands with our committee members after the hearing and thanked us. I’m confident he’ll complete his consequences and will not see the inside of a courtroom again!

Cold here too Cowboy but a Chinook must be on the way as it warms up to above freezing tomorrow. Glad you and Hank have Bubba home with you!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday, af.

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; December 6, 2018, 02:19 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X