~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Always good to see you stop in, LC. Happy birthday! Hope everyone has a great AF week!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please& thank you.

The birthday party was fun, our grandson had a great time with his friends. The mad scientist entertainer was perfect for the age group. I was amazed at the number of presents our grandson received, it was almost overwhelming in my opinion. Things are different from when I was 6!

A mild day today, should be nice for walking with my little buddy.

Happy birthday LC!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A mad scientist for entertainment sounds like so much fun! For all ages, really. I don't think you're ever too old for that kind of fun! And I agree with you QW that too many gifts are at these parties and it's overwhelming. BTW, I wanted to mention, we watched the original Pinocchio (Disney) with our granddaughter and she enjoyed it. Perhaps your grandkids will, if not this year then next. The original Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland was a big hit with my grandkids last year. The oldies seem to have more charm than a lot of today's movies and animations, IMO.

Jude, I am going to put one of those McMurtry books on my list. Thanks! Currently I am in the middle of Dan Brown's Origin. I have another book I'm going to read after this one and then I'll try a McMurtry. I loved the Lonesome Dove movie. You did confuse me tho because you mentioned the author as James McMurtry. I googled him and he turned out to be a musician and the son of Larry McMurtry the author. Learned two new things yesterday, thank you!

Loved the quote, Cowboy. Music is a good way to get thru so many struggles in life!

24 more, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; December 11, 2018, 07:08 AM.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

My bad [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...it is Larry McMurtry who wrote the books :redface: Can you imagine what I was like during my drinking days?

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

“The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.” - William James
            All you have to do is shift your attitude and the world around you should shift as well. If before you greeted each day with a sign and just trudged along and did the minimal to get by, you can change it all by greeting the day with a yahoo! and charging into it full steam. The world around you has to adjust to the new you, and people will look at you differently when you are gung ho and striving to life the fullest life possible. But it all starts with an attitude change.

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Hmmmm, got a date with the shovel this morning! At least it's just below freezing outside...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Last edited by abcowboy; December 11, 2018, 07:45 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning all. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, you can keep the snow up north, we don’t want it!

Mrs QW is having tests at the hospital first thing this morning then we’re meeting for coffee at a recently opened European cafe. Jessie and I will walk to the cafe and put her in Mrs QW’s SUV while we have coffee.

The mad scientist at our grandson’s party did some very neat experiments, some including with fire. An employee at the party facility put an end to the fire experiments ( they involved lighting flash paper ) for safety reasons but somehow the candles on the cake weren’t an issue. Now, if it had been my birthday cake there would be sooooo many candles, I could see that as a hazard!

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

“Believe deep down in your heart that you’re destined to do great things.” – Joe Paterno
                  The belief that you will do great things is stronger than anything you may have learned in school or anything that you will learn in the real world. We all need to have belief in ourselves because if we don’t, we cannot expect someone else to.

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; December 12, 2018, 07:23 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning everyone! Chilly with a little snow this morning, but no major storms on the horizon.

Still fighting some pretty strong urges to drink, and I'm not sure exactly why. Just have to keep reminding myself where that path would lead. :shakingno:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote cowboy!

Comment

Yep, think it's a good one for you today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] after reading your post, just believe in yourself when those urges hit, we all believe in you!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; December 12, 2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Great quote! Hang in there Jude. You got this. :hug:

I'll take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Yes, a very good quote today Cowboy. Thank you.

Heavy clouds this morning. I sure could use a bit of sunshine. If I could I'd send some to you, Jude. :love:

I hope all went well with Mrs. Q's medical tests, QW.

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Cowboy. Jude, hang in there, you CAN beat the beast.

Thanks for asking about Mrs QW’s tests yesterday dill. Things went fairly well, back to the hospital today for round 2.

Mild and windy here today, must be another Chinook. Yippppeeee!

I’ll be finishing Xmas shopping today. I decided that since certain family members haven’t acknowledged last years iTunes gift cards that this year I’ll make donations to a charity in their names this year. Sounds like a great plan to me!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Yes, great quote, AB.. yesterday's, too..

I'm right here with you, too, Jude.. those urges are so annoying. I'm really glad you're coming here to talk.. I saw you've been reading in the Nest sometimes.. I loved what Kensho reminded me of the other day.. that sometimes it's necessary to crawl through the cravings.. sometimes they pull so hard, it feels like walking through deep mud, sloggin' it.. but we CAN get through! We have to keep focussed on what we really want, not what our crazy mind is telling us.. I know you know all this.. and I don't really feel like I can give advice. BUT I will post here when the urge to drink hits me, just as you have.. and then you will all support me! :love:
                                Humbly asking for another 24 af hours for all of us!!xx

Comment

Working...
                                X