~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
    Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi

Sorry that Hank is having some trouble lately cowboy....it's so difficult watching our pets grow old.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Love that quote Jude! I was thinking just this morning even before I saw your great quote about the importance of the individual and the individual freedom that we are blessed with in our free society. We can each change our world every day by our choices and we can change the world around us for the better (or the worse). Freedom is such a blessing and I am grateful each day that we live freedom. Imagine having been born in North Korea or China or any of the other dictatorships around the globe. I don't think that was the essence necessarily of today's quote exactly, but it's in the same vein.

I'll use my 24 hours of freedom wisely today.
      Last edited by dill; July 26, 2019, 06:09 AM.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and great quote Jude! There is truth and wisdom and in that quote! Wishing everyone a great Friday. Friday nights used to be my biggest drinking night knowing that I could sleep it off on Saturday morning. Now Saturday mornings consist of relaxing early morning activities! Life is good. ANother 24 for me please

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Warm and sunny this morning, no rain in the near future!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think that quote has more wisdom in it than first meets the eye [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Maybe we can't change the world, but we can definitely change the way we view it!

I remember when we loaded the last of our herd of horses and took them to auction [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It was a sad day for both Bubba and I. In hindsight, we should have kept a couple back, but if you're looking after 2, you may as well be looking after 12 or 22...

It was a so-so vet appointment with Hank. She doesn't think his kidneys are diseased, just slowing down due to old age. Need to change his diet and put him on low protein senior food. That's not a bad thing, definitely better than more meds!

I'm not sure what the permits/inspections are like in the States [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. Up here most provinces differ, but in Alberta there's the development permit that starts the ball rolling, then construction, plumbing, electrical, gas line, and sewage connection. Additional engineering costs and permits depending on the footings/foundation. You can easily add $3000 - $5000 on the cost of construction just for permits!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the Rocky image, Dill. I am stronger!

Asking for 24 happily sober hours please.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Great quote, Jude58. We can't change the world but we can try and change our little corner of it for the better. I'll remember that today.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that's about the same cost here for permitting. Seems like a permit for everything! Mailbox? Yep. Driveway approach? Yep. Permit and meter to draw water from the well you paid to drill? Yep. The list goes on. My dad was a contractor and passed in 1984. He'd freak if he could see the permitting process now. But with all that said.... I'm counting my blessings that we're in a place in our lives that allows us to do this!

Good news about Hank. Ginger has to be on that kind of food now too. Seems like her last 9.5 years just blew by. Sweet pups.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                Last edited by Ginger999; July 26, 2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

63F and another prefect summer day on tap!
                  Permitting is just another way to tax people.
                  Sorry about Hank Cowboy, but glad it isn't kidney failure.
                  24 more to change my little part of the world.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and warm, to be hot later on, up to 28, low 80’s F. Jessie and I enjoyed the relative cool when we walked at 6.

Slo, enjoy the big day tomorrow, look forward to hearing all about it.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; July 26, 2019, 08:57 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Slo, I’m thinking about you first thing this morning. Hope all goes well on this big day! Cowboy, so glad your Hank is ok. Our pets are family and thats the truth. I’m headed to a grands birthday party today. It’s supposed to be a beautiful day. Hope everyone has a great and relaxing day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

"We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance
                        Harrison Ford

As you might have noticed, this week's quote quotes have all been about change, the first and often most frightening step on our journey to sobriety. Kudos to all of you for overcoming that fear of change, and living the sober life. So glad that I stuck with it!

Happy Saturday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks so much for a great week of quotes. The theme of change was a good one! Change is very daunting and the fear of it can definitely keep us stuck in a place where we no longer belong. I'm grateful I stuck with it too!

Have a wonderful day Slo! You've earned it.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Sunny and warm this morning, it's going to be a great day for a drive!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

67F and heating up to the 90's today. Sunny
                              Working all weekend, trying to squeeze a bike ride in this morning before it gets too hot.
                              We all fear change so much, yet change is constant. Many of us suffer from fear of success, too. It keeps us rooted where we are, running over the same old ground.
                              24 more please

Comment

You had great quotes about change this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], thanks! Not all change is scary and hard, but many times it is. At least for me as I get older I enjoy things in a steady routine, and any changes in that routine seem to put my whole day off. It's not always easy to go with the flow, but many times we have to. It's a matter of looking change in the eye and say; I can do this!

I'm also thinking of you today [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], knowing that you're not going to quit on your quit! Bubba and I are headed out to Mayerthorpe today (about a 3 hour drive) to attend the birthday party for my cousin's wife. We've booked Hank in for overnight at the vet's as we've booked a hotel room for the evening. Going to be seeing a lot of family that I haven't seen in a few years, and the booze will be plentiful! My cousin is also a non-drinker, celebrated his 4th sobriety birthday this past April, so I'll be in good company. I'll be thinking of you for sure as I enjoy the day AF!

Comment

Working...
                                X