No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like blueberry is popular around these parts!
    So blueberry deliciousness is coming right up!!

Liz - make sure to take lots of pictures! Is it snowing in NYC?
    How's the jawbone as well? Figure it out?

It's freezing raining here in my part of the world. Tomorrow morning should be interesting.
    I spent a good part of the day cleaning..and drinking a load of coffee...when I'm home on my own I tend to think about drinking a lot...doesn't help that a beer store is right across the street from me. Sigh.

8:09pm in Ontario....another 24 please.

Comment

Quick stop in tonight for me and I'll take the next 24 a bit early. Had a great time in the city today. My jaw bone is not pairing with my phone. Will have to call tech support tomorrow, I suppose. Managed to pull up the data on my laptop and we logged in close to 17000 steps!
      We walked to "ground zero" and the freedom tower. Had an amazing lunch and of course a visit to Marks favorite The Laduree. Tired, but a good tired! A fun time was had by all.

Comment

Hey Bri - isn't it weird how those drinking thoughts creep in? I walked past the champagne display today and..................sigh...............

Liz - sounds like a WONDERFUL DAY!

Red, Mr V and everyone else that stops in. :wavin: I'm grabbing a cup of tea to go and I'll be back.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good day all. Just passing through to say hello. I would like another 24. Thanks
          All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Hey Red!!!!!! I'll take another 24 too please.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey everyone! Having tough 24's.. So I'd like 24 more please. 11:00pm Auckland
              AF January 7, 2018

Comment

NoraC,

I recall you saying champagne was your drink of choice. So, New Years has to be a difficult one but I know you will do it this year. When I have those moments I follow them through with the after effects. Was it worth blowing my quit? Did it get me back on the hamster wheel with the aperiodic reinforcement of introducing it into my system again? Was the upside really worth the downside? Was that one drink really worth it and worse yet, once I had one, could I even keep it to that. Then as the song goes...Walk on by~

~Addy

I'll have another 24 please and a black cup of Joe!
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

6:36 am in freezing Vegas another 24 and a black coffee and a chocolate croissant to go please(healthy eating starts in Jan)
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Addy - completely true. I have played it forward a few times in my head and it is never worth picking up that first drink. I was in a bad, downward spiral 6 months ago and I do not want to go back there. Thanks for your post. :hug:

Choices - definitely the time of year for hard 24's. Stick close to the cafe. :hug:

A Diet Coke and a bagel for me please.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Glad to see you all. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Red - want a coffee? You are doing GREAT!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning here in Auckland. NYE here. 7:30 am. Another 24 please to start 2016 with a clean slate. Only plans are to have a picnic at the beach. Feeling tired and drinking is the last thing I feel like doing.., we will see how the day goes.. Just going to take it slow and avoid stress where I can. x
                          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                            Red - want a coffee? You are doing GREAT!
                            Norac

I would love a cup of Joe. Thanks for asking good to see you here.

Comment

Happy New Years Choices!
                              I think the best advice for anyone here trying to get through NYE is to take it one minute at a time, relax, and indulge in just about anything except alcohol! I think I'm going to order in some take out, drink lots of coffee, maybe some sparkling juice and pin the night away! (Pinterest is my new thing, lol).

Addy - I think it's very smart to go through the after effects of drinking when you have those feelings OF drinking...although sometimes it's hard to focus during those times. What scares me the most and I try and feed off those feelings, are when I have those nightmares/dreams where I drank...and the feeling I get when I first wake up - near panic, wondering if I actually drank. It's pretty obvious that I don't want to go back down that road...so will try and remember that exact feeling.

I just had a huge cup of coffee...but am EXHAUSTED for some reason. Not feeling too great, and have a headache...sigh.
                              I still have to go and get groceries tonight, although I would much rather have a bubble bath...but have to do this tonight as tomorrow the stores will be crazy...and I have to work. Sigh.

Hope everyone is having a good night so far. 2016 -- OUR year -- swiftly approaches.

Comment

Another 24 to start off this last day of 2015! My coffee pot here at home is pretty empty as hubs and daughter have finished most of it, so I will have a cup here. Then I am off for a run. Hubs, two of our kids and I are running a 5k tomorrow morning. It should be fun.
                                Tonight we are having some friends over. Sparkling cider is already on ice. I would much rather just hang with hubs alone, but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X