No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:15am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

15C (60F) this morning with a cloud filled sky...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:39 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Peace, harmony, and all good things happening to my friends in the Café! A new house being built, a new second home being furnished, a couple of trips on the horizon, company coming, a successful wedding gone by, life is indeed very good for all of us!

So cool that you're heading to the UK [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and get to meet up with a friend from MWO! It would definitely be one of the highlights of my trip. I don't remember Sooty, must have been before my time here, but I'm going to do a member search for sure!

Great quotes this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! It is important to look ahead, but equally important is moving ahead!

Have great day y'all!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes! Lots of great things happening around the cafe. So good to read all of this.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Packing starts today, still haven’t decided on what camera gear will go, likely just the point and shoot. We’re supposed to have wifi at the place where we’re staying but I might be out of touch for a day or so.

It was mostly cloudy but mild when we walked this morning. There’s a parade this morning and we saw lots of horses in the staging area. Jessie thought they needed herding!

Thanks for the great quotes this week Ginger!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I never heard that quote before, Ginger. Love it! That’s why the windshield is so much larger than the rear view mirror!

Nice synopsis, Cowboy. It is very heartening to see everyone here busily involved with life and projects, moving on with life & living, just without booze.

That is so cool that you & your husband get to tour the UK together, Dill! That will be easier to do since you will no longer have cattle by that point.

The other new, legal addiction that is trapping our young people is vaping. What was supposed to help people quit cigarettes is now a new way to addict young people to nicotine! It is rampant in the high schools, and hard to detect since the cartridge looks like a flash drive.

Just a quiet day here for me. I could have been bowling or playing bean bag toss at a bar/lanes now for a fundraiser where my daughter is volunteering, but my husband refused to do it. So oh well. Then I get an easy day to request another 24 hours!
              Last edited by Slo; August 3, 2019, 01:44 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

That great news about your trip to the U.K. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. What a wonderful anniversary gift!
                Have a safe trip to the land of OZ QW, and have fun!

A few of us from the barn are going on a long trail ride today, and the weather looks good!

Looking forward to breakfast cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill a trip to the UK sounds wonderful. QW, hope you enjoy your trip as well. Another 24 for me please!!! Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Comment

63f sunny and cool, another great day.
                    Was greeted with a beautiful sunrise this morning.
                    Got called at 2:46 am by work, another mass shooting in Dayton, OH. Since I was 4 hours away they didn't send me. So so sad with all these shootings. That's all I'm going to say about that here.
                    Have a great AF Sunday everyone.
                    24 more here please

Comment

I didn't think of your job as covering events like shootings, Mr. V. I had this idea that you just covered sport events and maybe political rallies and community events. I guess I just hadn't thought that thru. I couldn't sleep last night so I turned on the radio to listen to a program called Coast to Coast. It's a middle of the night radio program that does not carry controversial subjects. I think it is designed with the insomniacs in mind! lol Unfortunately the radio station plays news updates so I heard about the shooting shortly after it happened. So sad and scary! Dayton is the nearest city to us and I knew the area where the shooting happened. That nearness makes these kinds of news stories feel so much more real and frightening somehow. They are all awful, whether near or far!

Ginger, thank you for so many excellent quotes this week!

Enjoy your extra long trail ride, Jude!

Greetings to all!

My granddaughter is with us this weekend so we are busy, busy, busy!

24 more hours please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; August 4, 2019, 06:31 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” - Will Rogers

6:10am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Warm and sunny this morning, no rain in the forecast till Tuesday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the tragedies in El Paso and Dayton...

Comment

Best quit reading all the sad news happening down south and get breakfast served...

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Geez, it's hard to think of things to say about alcohol, sobriety, and journeys when my mind is on all the people affected by the two tragedies in the States. In the space of 14 hours, some 30 people have lost their lives needlessly and many, many more have had their lives changed forever. And the biggest problem, for me anyway, is that in a few days it will be just another bit of sad news. What has the world come to when terrible things happen then are forgotten in a few short days except by those directly affected. I don't even remember how long it has been since those school shootings happened and students started rallying to have the gun laws changed. We don't hear anything more on what has happened. Did they give up because they were fighting a losing battle? Is the NRA that strong that they control all the politicians? I don't know what the answer is because I'm one of the group of people that believe we have the right to bear arms, but where does that lead, and more importantly, where will it end...

On a brighter note, it's cake day tomorrow in the Café!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

“My bags are packed, I’m ready to go, taxi’s waiting, he’s blowing his horn”, well, in reality I’m not there yet but getting close! I had a great Skype visit with my son last night, he’s so excited some of his family is making the trek down under. I can almost taste a flat white coffee!

So sad about yet more mass shootings in the US, the taking of innocent lives and the many lives that are changed forever. You have to wonder when it will end and when gun lobbyists will no longer be able to unduly influence politicians.

I hope technology lets me check in from Oz.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X