~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great looking spread this morning, ABC. Great quote. Love Will Rodgers.

More heart breaking news this morning. There seems to be so much hate these days. We can't talk politics so I'll stop there.

Hope everyone has a peaceful AF Sunday. I'll take another 24, please.

Comment

I'm with you, ginger. I pin the blame on hate. It's in abundance but it is a force that can, and will, always be defeated in the end by love. These are unstable times but nothing lasts forever. I am ever hopeful that love will win out and all this turmoil will pass. Not going to get into politics here either!

What a great quote, Cowboy! A real gem! Thank you for the awesome breakfast spread. Now that was a labor of love!

24 more please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; August 4, 2019, 09:41 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I figured I'd best sneak back in tonight and get things set up for tomorrow since you easterners get here way to early for me. But it's a special cake day because it's for our thread founder!

A huge congratulations [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] on your 4 years of sobriety!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote yesterday cowboy, and as usual, a fantastic breakfast!

A little chilly on the back porch this morning, but I could clearly hear the creek running.....very relaxing and good for the soul.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m also sickened and saddened by the mass shootings. No further comments because I don’t have any answers. Sitting here on my porch in my little condo listening to the rain. Nice quiet morning with lots of renovation work ahead today. No matter how much Mr. R did yesterday, he had to re do everything. It was totally unproductive. So today hopefully will be a better day. Hope everyone has an AF day ahead. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

68F and getting a little muggy.
              I did get a bike ride in yesterday, yay!
              Called into work today, Thankfully, baseball. The other guy heads to Dayton.
              It is hard to deal with constant turmoil and violence, probably one of the reasons I drank. PTSD
              Anyhoo, found some of those parking spots along the way Cowboy.
              Safe travels, QW
              Happy, happy birthday [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! Come visit, tell us how you're doing!
              Peace to you all
              24 more please

Comment

“When I hear someone sigh that life is hard, I am tempted to ask, ‘compared to what?” - Sydney Harris

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

A clear and sunny holiday Monday here, not sure what's on the agenda for today.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm sure Bri will make a stop in sometime today, at least I hope so lol.

Got to thinking about the comments about hatred and love, and how it's affected the world and this song came to mind...

Comment

Congratulations, [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! And here I thought abcowboy was the thread founder.

I remember Sydney Harris! And, RE the Will Rogers quote, there are lots of tempting parking spaces on the road to sobriety!

The new mass shootings are truly sick. I mean, targeting families who are shopping for school supplies?!?
                      Mr. V., it is so hard for you on the front lines to have to head straight into the center of the turmoil & violence.

Rava, why did Mr. R have to re-do everything? Is he too much of a perfectionist?

Hope you enjoyed your group trail ride out with Stetson, Jude.

Is granddaughter still with you, Dill?

Bon voyage on your huge journey, QW! This trip will function as a bit of respite care for you as well, I guess.

Asking for 24 more hours AF!
                      Last edited by Slo; August 5, 2019, 08:05 AM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

That quote is a real reminder to count your blessings. Thanks, ABC.

Happy 4th anniversary, [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]. Hope you swing by today!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Hello all!

Slo, granddaughter went home late yesterday. She is such a treat to be with! I miss her already.

Another good quote, Cowboy! Life is sometimes hard but not always and it's the hard times that make the easy times much more special! Thanks for the song as well. It go tme to thinking about just have super fast things are changing right now. Of course, life is always change, but right now the changes are coming fast and furious!

Happy Anniversary, Bri!

24 more for all of us please!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

G’day! How’re ya going mate? So happy to be back in Australia. Arrived safely in Melbourne after a very long day in the air and a poor nights sleep on the plane. I’ve stayed awake all day but expect to crash and sleep the clock around. By doing that I hope to be acclimatized to the 17 hour time difference by tomorrow morning.

So nice to see my son today! He had to work but we’re about to go out for supper at his favourite pub. No concerns about being tempted, water is fine.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first flat white coffee this morning and it was everything I’d hoped it would be!

I’m still getting used to this international date line thing but whatever time it is where you are, enjoy it alcohol free!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad that you made it to Australia in one piece QW!

Great quote yesterday cowboy! I think that it all boils down to being grateful for the the things that we have!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.” - Reba McEntire

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

17C (64F) this morning, cloudy with a bit of rain overnight and more on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] (in transit) abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X