Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

70F headed to hot.
    Back in work tonight, not expected, but grateful to have it.
    Dentist today.
    24 more for all of us.

Comment

5:14 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Haha! Great quote, ABC.

Glad you made it safe and sound, QW. Now get some rest and enjoy!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Love the quote Cowboy! Wisdom and humor all wrapped into one!

Glad you made it to Oz, QW!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great words of wisdom from Reba! And it seems like self-help literature focuses on the wish bone and back bone, but forgets all about the importance of the funny bone! Her homespun wisdom reflects the importance of all three.

I got to see Reba live in concert this past April! It was Kelly Clarkson’s concert, but Reba came on stage to sing a few songs and promote her new album. What a polished & masterful presence!

Being AF got me into that concert. The family wanted to stop by Nashville to party on the way home from Spring Break, and my husband was realizing that this would be awkward for our underage teenage daughter, and also now for me, so he spontaneously bought tickets to the concert for us two for the evening ! And another adult daughter also ended up joining us for the concert!
            I actually never did like “partying” in loud, crowded bars, but drinking made it bearable; so this was actually a much better option for me -and much better for young daughter as well.

Asking for 24 more hours AF.
            Last edited by Slo; August 6, 2019, 09:42 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Late check in. Just stopping by to say I will take another 24 please. Slo, Mr R has to do stuff again because he messed it up the first time. Definitely not because he is a perfectionist. LOL. Its little things like getting up on a ladder to fix a light and then he gets down and the ladder crashes into the ceiling fan and breaks the globe. Just always something. No booze tho. Just saying..... Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

The back porch report for this morning....Fox barking and coyotes howling. The flowing creek in the background added a nice touch. I've also been hearing a lot of owls lately as well....a sure sign that Fall is near.

Love humerous quotes cowboy!

Humbly asking for another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe, Up early to work some more on the condo. Had most of the furniture delivered yesterday. Here for another week. Exciting new chapter with retirement looming in the near future. Another reason to not drink. New adventures without alcohol are on my agenda. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

“First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

A bit cooler this morning at 7C (44F), but the sun is shining!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have heard that one before, Cowboy but I liked hearing it again. It's so so true. When I first heard it I had to think about it before I really understood it. Now it just make complete and total sense to me!

It's a soggy morning on the porch with lots of birds splashing in the puddles and crickets singing in the grass.

Hope everyone has a great af Hump Day!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas another 24 please,Slo I was never a bar person either,they always have me creepy vibes even in my heavy drinking and yuck! QW,enjoy your trip,I'm jealous!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You’re entering into a completely new phase, Rava, retired and to a new locale, leaving booze completely behind in your former life!

Ah, so Mr. R is like Mr. Slo: no concept of “measure twice, cut once”, and any attempt to fix anything results in something else being broken. I guess I should be grateful that he has little inclination to repair or maintain anything; it’s probably actually safer this way.

The season is starting to subtly turn, Jude!

Love that classic quote that so succinctly captures the danger of the trap of alcohol, Cowboy.

Having all the in-laws over for dinner tonight, including out-of-town ones. This will be a day where I’m around booze & drinking, so humbly asking for 24 more hours, especially after that drinking dream last night.
                          Last edited by Slo; August 7, 2019, 07:36 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Amen to that quote, ABC.

Ladies, I feel your pain! Mr. G is the same way. He wants to help with stuff but just doesn't have that gene. Fortunately, he knows it and is willing to pay others to do the work!

Low 100s today. It was warmer here yesterday than it was in Mesa, AZ. It's supposed to cool off this weekend. Sure hope so!

Hope your trip is going well, QW!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

G’day from Melbourne on Thursday morning! We spent much of yesterday touring old Melbourne, what a great city! I’m not used to being in or near a city this big. Melbourne is over 5 million people.

Last evening we explored the Victoria Night Market along with a few thousand people and had a supper of chicken on a skewer over rice and broccoli leaves! I enjoyed it af while the others sampled local beers. Quite the experience. Then we found Brunetti’s and had dessert. What an experience. Those with a sweet tooth could spend days there and not taste everything.

I can see why G’man lives here!!!

Have a great af day everyone!

From Down under, this is QW signing off.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sounds like you're having a great time QW! Life is short....enjoy it while you can!

I'm so lucky that Mr. J is very handy around the house. He used to have his own business doing work on RV's and mobile homes. Sure comes in handy at times and saves us a lot of money!

Couldn't sleep last night, so here I am on the back porch. Even the wildlife is still sleeping! Ugh!

Another 24 please and thank!

Comment

Working...
                                X