~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

We never know what lies ahead, that's for sure. So sad to hear about your ex-BIL, QW.

Thanks for the awesome sunset, Ginger.

It sounds like a good fit for Homer, Jude. It's gonna be tough on you for a while. :hug:

I'll check out that show on netflix, Mr. V. How exciting to know someone in the business! I'd enjoy seeing the shots of your town, having lived there myself for one year right after college. I loved that city!

I went to a local farm market yesterday but they did not have pickling cucs. I did get some good fresh peaches and an Indiana melon that smells great. Also a fresh made strawberry pie, so I felt the trip was well worth it, even tho I struck out on the cucs.

We have a 5 gallon bucket full of fresh tomatoes that need to be processed. I believe I am going to opt for dicing and freezing them in 2 cup ziplock bags. So, I'll be busy with that. Maybe it's good there were no cucs...

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm feeling much better about Homer's new family. They sent me pics and a video showing him with the kids. I have them on my phone, but not sure how to post them here? Cowboy already knows how technologically challenged I am! The kids want to call him "Teddy" which fits his personality to a T!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Okay y'all, breakfast is ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

67F and it feels great.
            Yes, Beautiful photo, Ginger! We all wish we ere there, lol.
            Going to cool off for a week or so here.
            Maybe I should visit a farm market today!
            24 more please!

Comment

Here's the link to the thread I started about how to post pics [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], https://www.mywayout.org/community/f...-pictures.html

As far as video goes, the only way I know how to share those is by setting up an account at youtube, or using "the cloud" or Google Drive. Google drive makes it pretty easy to share pictures and video via secure links. If you want to email them to me, I could always post them for you!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for breakfast! QW I think those pickles will last longer than 2 weeks. There is really nothing in the recipe that would make it spoil. Dill, I used regular cucumbers the first time and they tasted just as good. Yesterdays fishing trip was a success. We caught lots of little croakers and a guy on the dock cleaned them for us. After a 4:30 am wake up call I was exhausted by the end of the day!! Guess what I’m cooking today? . Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Jude, that's quite a haul! Awesome and I'm so happy the new family is loving Homer or Teddy so much QW, that is sad about Bruce glad your sister still helps him out ,6:10 am in Vegas another 24, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome looking brekkie Cowboy, healthy too!

I was going to suggest a trade Dill - a jar of pickles for that strawberry pie you bought at the market but I don’t suppose there’s much pie left. Did Rava offer to have a fish fry at the Cafe? Nothing like fresh fish!

Rava, I don’t see why the pickles won’t last for a long time if unopened. I plan to put the jars in my yet to be re-named beer fridge. Mrs QW obsesses over things like this and is fearful of getting sick, another of the many PD side effects. Thanks again for the recipe Rava, I enjoyed making pickles for the first but not last time.

It’s going to be another scorcher today. Thank goodness for AC!

Stay safe and af everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Lovely breakfast, ABC.

Jude, so happy to hear the news about "Teddy". I love that name.

I think anything stored in vinegar stays good a very long time. Bet you could Google it.

We've had a glorious sunny, cool week here in Lincoln City. Headed back to high 90s today. QW, you're right! Thank goodness for AC!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Jude, that's great news about Homer! I bet it makes you feel better.

QW, I don't see why you couldn't try water bathing those pickles. Do you have a water bath canner? My electric pressure cooker doubles as a water bath canner and pressure canner. Here's a link to a water bath pickle recipe. It will give you an idea how long you need to water bath them. Even though yours are already made, I don't see why you couldn't warm them to room temp and then water bath. At least maybe some. I agree with you that they will probably keep longer than the two weeks in the fridge, especially because of the vinegar. But if it would make Mrs. Q feel better....
                        Crispy Sweet Pickles - Water Bath or Cold Pack Canned - Binky's Culinary Carnival

Mr. V, I watched episode 1 of the Just Say I Do on netflix. It was very nicely done and I enjoyed seeing the views of the city. I will admit that I fast forwarded a lot because like you, the type of show it was did not interest me and was not my cup of tea. I bet you are very proud of your son!

Thanks for another delicious breakfast, Cowboy. You are just too good to us! But we love it!

Rava, what time is the fish fry?! I'll bring some salad!

24 more, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I meant to say in my earlier post that I’m so happy Jude that Homer/Teddy is being well loved in his new home. You couldn’t ask for a better outcome.

Ginger, Lincoln City is where we stayed 6 years ago. I rented an A frame cottage on a cliff overlooking the ocean. We loved the town, the people were friendly and the seafood superb. On our next trip, I’d like to rent a yurt at the State Park and have the family join us.
                          We’ve holidayed in Depoe Bay as well. My chiropractor went to college in Portland and has fond memories of the syrup they serve at Pig & Pancake so each time we’ve brought back a few bottles for him.
                          I think I took about 700 photos on visits to the Oregon Coast and folks, if you haven’t been there, put it on your bucket list.

Thanks for the advice on the pickles. I too think that anything stored in vinegar will last but it likely won’t be an issue because we’re eating them too fast!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words regarding Homer! I'm so happy that he's in a great home! [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...I might just take you up on your offer to post a video here! LOL!

All this talk of pickles and cherries here has got me hungry!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy Monday. I’m just starting to feel like my normal self after that long day. Fish is up for those who want some! We are bracing for a Hurricane coming up the coast this week. Lots of rain, so I guess I will be making pickles or something. LOL. I agree the recipe says they are good for 2 weeks, I think they last much longer. I’m feeling like a head cold coming on but due to covid I better just isolate myself for now. UGH. Another 24 for me please and thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X