~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good quote Ginger thanks for that. Worrying is something I need to stop doing so much!!! Dill the only thing I could come up with is When life gives you eggshells throw them in the garden and watch it flourish! Less than a week before I head back north. I’m gonna miss this little slice of heaven. Wishing everyone a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas another 24 Rava I thought the same thing! Egg shells are common in compost which is nasty on its own but look at all the good that can come from it was thinking of eggshell art too, maybe some beautifully painted shells glued into a mosaic, I dunno thats a tough one Dill gave us haha, now the owner wants to open up the shop earlier, I'm pissed cuz he said he was gonna hire professional cleaners and have a repaint, now he wants US to clean it and no paint! How's he gonna raise prices if it's just the same old dump it was before? An irritated Pauly this morning when it comes to that place, I joked with the girls on the chat last night that I'll be ready to go back in 2025 haha, bout sums it up
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And another great quote Ginger!

The furnace install went well yesterday. Sadly we needed to run it overnight and again first thing this morning. Jessie thought 5:40 was a good time to go out this morning. As a result, we were back from our 4km walk by 7.

Off for a much needed chiropractic adjustment in a few minutes.

Pauly, stay safe at work!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 8:23 in yyc, sunny day today!
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another really good one today, Ginger! Fear stops life. Worry destroys peace. I agree. Those are both good reasons to turn off the TV!!

So, I like the eggshell suggestions. You guys are all positive, proactive thinkers! The first thought that came to my mind was, when life gives you eggshells put on your shoes and get moving!

24 more please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; May 14, 2020, 09:15 AM.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quotes so far this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], keep’em coming!

And I thought only Canada got snow in May [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Like you said though, it doesn’t last very long.

Thinking of heading north soon [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? Thinking you might be better off just where you are!

Will the owner pay you ladies extra if you go in and clean [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? Even though it’s extra money, some jobs just aren’t worth it. Got to think it would be tough cutting someone’s hair if they were wearing a mask, but I guess that’s why you are the professionals!

Interesting exercise for us [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. When I think of [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] mentioning “walking on eggshells” I think of the great foot massage that would give lol. And yes, you heard correct! All of the equipment on this farm is auto-steer equipped. With input costs the way they are for farmers, you can’t afford to over or under-seed at all! We have our 76’ air drill set to “lap over” each run 3” and that’s what it does. As QW mentions, our watches are smarter and more efficient than we are!

I think today we should hit ⅓ done seeding, and the combine crew should finish up last year’s harvest tomorrow. The second go-around hasn’t been much better than the first judging by the chatter on the two-way radios, but at least it’s in the bin now.

Not much else to report from my corner of the world, enjoying the peace and scenery as I go up and down the field...
              Last edited by abcowboy; May 13, 2020, 10:58 PM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Loved the quote Ginger! A little kindness goes a long way!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas another 24 Cowboy it isn't about getting extra money for cleaning, it's just the walls need fresh paint, the grout needs to be cleaned on the floors(hasn't been cleaned in 17 years!) I just feel like a pro clean woulda been better, especially since last week when we were told salons could open the girls that were desperate to go back to work offered to clean and he said no he had already hired someone to clean but then ended up having them do it anyways haha
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, your boss sounds like a tool, taking advantage of people desperate to get back to work. He could use today's quote!

I have to see the nurse practitioner today so she can refer me to the ortho doc. Basically, I have to pay her to see him. Our health care in this country makes me crazy. We pay $1,200 a for this insurance and we are the lucky ones!

But.... I'll be kind and ask for another 24!

Comment

We're taking a drive today and will meet up with Mr. D's brother and SIL. Hopefully the weather will cooperate because we've packed picnic baskets.

Mr. D had to go back to his knee doctor because his cortisone shot didn't help this time. The doctor said it was time for an MRI to see what's going on in there. That's scheduled for the 19th. I sure hope he gets some relief soon!

Ginger, how is your knee coming along?

Cowboy, how do you even manage to stay awake in that cab?! I'm pretty sure I'd want to nod off.

Let's all have a great day! 24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ginger, sorry I must have cross posted with you so I didn't see your message about the knee and the Practitioner visit. I hope you get to see the ortho guy soon.
                            Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another awesome quote Ginger. You are the Queen of Quotes!

My frustrations with our cable and internet provider that have existed since installation 8 weeks ago were finally resolved yesterday thanks to a technician who walked me through the repair process. The tech wasn’t allowed to come in our house because of the virus so I got to do the leg work. The falmunction (reference to Ava Gabor in Green Acres) was the fault of the original installer.
                              Our doorbell camera has also been falmunctioning because of internet issues. I emailed the security company and they provided “easy to follow instructions” to get the camera working again. As many of us know, the instructions might be easy for someone who has installed these for years to follow but not for the rest of us. I called their tech support and was walked through the process in about 30 minutes.
                              I was absolutely giddy with excitement at having these pain in the butt issues resolved, I should have rushed out and bought a lottery ticket!

A beautiful sunny and warm start to the day when we walked.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:24 in yyc, Sunny, warm day today.
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X