~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Up too early here too Ginger just my body/mind would not shut off to sleep last night, it was awful but happens sometimes grrr,I don't blame you two for staying put this year, things have been just too unpredictable 6 am in Vegas another 24 of freedom, hope everyone has a fabulous AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, southern Oregon sounds like a great alternative to escape winter. I regularly get emails from Travel Oregon and we can’t wait to go back. Best seafood we’ve ever enjoyed! Hopefully we’ll be able to travel before too long.
      Resorts in Mexico and airlines are offering some sweet incentives plus in some cases, quarantine on return is only 2 days but still we just don’t feel safe especially with Mrs QW’s compromised immune system.

It seems everyone is in favour of a mask burning party and brekkie get together in Jasper! Wouldn’t that be great?

More downsizing and house hunting is the plan for today.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It really would be fun to meet up. I'm going to search Jasper National Park. Cowboy, you should renew your passport just in case. It's always good to have options. I renewed mine this year already. I'm good for 10 years.

Ginger, glad you came to a decision about your plans. Sometimes those decisions just come along as events unfold.

Pauly, I hate it when sleep won't come. I have found that sometimes a half of a peanut butter sandwich and a small glass of milk help me sleep better. Have you got any tricks you try?

24 more please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; October 27, 2020, 10:37 AM.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I am feeling like I might be the only one on here that is not afraid to travel and leave my home. I wear a mask and use hand sanitizer and Social distance when out. I am not changing any plans due to covid. I think I would be totally depressed if I had to stay home all the time. Hope I haven’t offended anyone but that’s just how I choose to live. I am a retired nurse and I feel safe following all the recommendations . I stopped watching all the news and am living my life in a careful and respectful way. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, I think you have got it nailed. I am doing most things that I want to do but like you I am careful. I am pretty much of a homebody to begin with so I don't have any problem staying home most of the time. But I do need to get out sometimes and see my girlfriends. My grand kids, too. My hb is more fearful of catching corona than I am so we haven't done any travel, but that's really due to him. He has kidney issues which is why he is so fearful of it.

Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

49F cool and damp.
                I have no problem traveling, but I'm careful. Otherwise, I'm almost always home.
                Need to get my passport renewed. How long did it take, Dill?
                24 more please.

Comment

We're pretty much homebody's as well. Never did much travelling to begin with, and now with the in-laws needing so much more attention, going anywhere for an extended amount of time is out of the question, but a meet up in Banff would definitely be doable! It's where Bubba and I got married, on a mountainside by Banff with the Banff Springs Hotel in the far background!

I guess it would all depend on where we were travelling to, what restrictions were in place there. Not much point in going somewhere if you're just going to be stuck inside because of restrictions, or just change your destination if at all possible.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's really why we decided to stay home in the end, ABC. Why leave our home and get stuck in the 5th wheel? I have to admit, I'm more afraid of the election fall out than I am of covid!

QW, my son and his wife went on their planned trip to Cancun and they are both fine two weeks post. He said it was kind of a ghost town. They loved it! Lol

I have a day off from schooling but still have two extra cats and a dog. I'm not sure I'd chosen to stay home if not for all these extra "people" needing me. 😉

Happy hump day! 24 more....

Comment

I too, have been out and about for grocery shopping etc..., but I am always careful. Mr. J and I used to go to the farmers market in Syracuse, but not this year. The crowds are large and it's just not worth the risk.

Don't blame you for staying put Ginger...I think that I would do the same if I were you!

Looks as though we are in for a few inches of snow tomorrow night. Guess that I'd better pull out the flannels!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today Rava, I'm not scared of traveling I just want to be able to enjoy myself when I do go and not have the mask police up my arse the whole trip+we usually go to California and they're really strict down there from what I've heard, also I haven't gone to see my extended family just cuz my dad has terrible lungs from chain-smoking all his life and I'd hate to take anything up there, I'm glad you've gotten out this year and yes I think me not having my vacay's is part of the reason I do feel a low grade depression now, Dill, hubs has a peanut butter sandwich every night too haha! Wishing everyone a happy AF day here!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, while checking out Jasper, check out Banff as well. Cowboy, I think I know the spot where you & Bubba got married.

Our youth justice committee meeting last evening was about a young female charged with assault and assault with a weapon. A few moments of stupidity that could have serious impacts for the rest of her life. If she satisfactorily completes the consequences our committee assigned to her, she will avoid a criminal record.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

54F Heavy rain, the remnants of Hurricane Zeta passing through, could get 3-4 inches.
                            Wish the West could get some of this.
                            Glad the youth justice exists to give young and dumb kids a second chance. I have a mistake in my past that could have ruined my life, too. I got a second chance, and made the most of it.
                            Of course alcohol was involved.
                            24 more please

Comment

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] it didn't take too long at all to get the passport. We filled out our renewal form online and printed it out. Then we assembled all the things they required and mailed it in. Here's a link to the page where you can get started: Getting or Renewing a U.S. Passport | USAGov We did our renewal at a time when we were in no hurry so we weren't worried about how long it would take. However, were were surprised that it wasn't but 2-3 weeks later that we had our new passports. Of course, this was in Dec. 2019, before covid. I don't know what it will be like at present.

Ok QW, I'll look up Banff today. Years ago Mr. D attended a conference held there and he loved it. He took lots of pictures. But that was years ago. That's fantastic that you were able to help that young lady. I hope she takes the opportunity to get and keep herself on track.

Ginger, I would have made the same choice as you did. It sounds like you are needed where you are and what could be better or more important than that?!

One thing that I have greatly missed since covid hit is Sunday Mass. I haven't been since March. The churches in our state are allowed to have services now but numbers are limited and I have been hesitant to be in a closed building with others for the extended time like that, even with masks. For a while I watched the online Mass but our priest stopped doing that when they began meeting in person. I heard from my doctor the other day at my well check that her church still does the online so I'm going to see if I can try that this Sunday.

My daughter made it thru Hurricane Zeta last night. She texted us the whole time. She said it was really eerie when the eye passed over and everything became still. Then it started up again with the wind going in the opposite direction! Her power went out but she was safe.

Last edited by dill; October 30, 2020, 09:09 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X