• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Please God, or Allah, or whoever really exists, give me 24 PLEASE

Comment

Really good to see you, Tony! I'll go for another 24 with you!

I'll be interested to hear how your grandson's experience goes, Ginger.

You know, QW, I have been in the dental chair with a hangover! Not good. Of course, nothing is good with a hangover.

You know, I have a lot of regrets from my drinking days, but your mention some how reminded me of many times I do regret. Including showing up many times at work seriously hungover. Ugh.

Yes to 24.
      Last edited by dill; September 9, 2020, 09:14 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Tony, great to see you back in the Cafe! Anything your friends here can do to help, let us know.

Dill, I too have done lots of things while hung over, including dental and doctor appointments. It wasn’t pretty! And there were many days my head was hurting when I got to work. Isn’t it great we don’t do stupid stuff like that any more?

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi this is proving to be my worst withdrawal I've had...

Desperately seeking another 24 please, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
            Hi this is proving to be my worst withdrawal I've had...

Desperately seeking another 24 please, thank you
            Hey Tony- you still there? When you say worst withdrawal do you mean you are having physical withdrawal symptoms or psychological? If they are physical, what are they? Don't forget that going cold turkey can be dangerous if you were consuming large amounts of AL every day. Anyway, I'm here if you need to talk...
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
              Hey Tony- you still there? When you say worst withdrawal do you mean you are having physical withdrawal symptoms or psychological? If they are physical, what are they? Don't forget that going cold turkey can be dangerous if you were consuming large amounts of AL every day. Anyway, I'm here if you need to talk...
              Hi, yes I'm still here, its both. I have hardly slept, I've had the shakes, sweats and felt nauseous all night, on the mental side not suprisingly I'm really down in the dumps.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                Hi, yes I'm still here, its both. I have hardly slept, I've had the shakes, sweats and felt nauseous all night, on the mental side not suprisingly I'm really down in the dumps.
                Okay - I just answered you in the Newbies Nest. Sleep is a major problem and will contribute to how you feel mentally but it will straighten out eventually. As I and others have said - eat good food and keep yourself hydrated. Something sweet might help. Unless you have other symptoms like really high blood pressure or a really high heart rate for a long period of time, you probably won't have any physical withdrawals that you really need to worry about. The shakes and the sweats are perfectly normal. At this point, it's the psychological part. Just do what you have to do to get through a short time period. 15 minutes at a time. Do whatever you can physically even if it's jut going for a short walk or mopping the floor or straightening out some drawers. It sounds mundane but if you can get through short time periods like that, the hours will add up and the symptoms will slowly start to subside. Don't know what else to say at this point. It's just something you have to get through. Keep your eye on the goal....
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi Tony and stirly! Good to see you both here at the cafe! Good advice stirly! Tony....it will get better!

24 more please!

Comment

Hi Tony, we are here with you. Stay close if you can. Stirly good advice! This site can be so helpful and just knowing that you have our support throughout this period. It will get better. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

68F going to be hot

Really good to see you Tony. The first few days are the worst for sure. Do you have a plan? Get thee to the tool box. If you wan to talk, let us know, we're here. And we've all been where you are, too.

24 more here please

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you back Tony! Those physical symptoms sure suck, but the good news is that they don't last forever, it just seems that way. Now the mental part of it is what needs the most attention during and after the other symptoms abate. That's what we're here for, to help you get through those times when you don't think you can make it without a drink...you can, and you will!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; September 10, 2020, 10:45 PM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, I loved the quote and graphic. It was such a hopeful message and perfect for all of us here. I also couldn't help thinking about that little seedling and the tremendous strength and effort it puts forth pushing it's way thru the ground to get to the light. It takes tremendous strength to get started. We have all been there, and sadly many, many times! But it does get better. And we each can grow into a newer and healthier and happier self.

Gosh Tony, that mental aspect can not be understated. Hang in there.

Stirly, nice of you to stop in and offer support and suggestions. Great to see you! I was here when you first came on MWO and I often followed your posts. As I recall music was a big part of your early days... Does my memory serve me correctly?

24 more for us all, please and thank youl
                            Last edited by dill; September 10, 2020, 07:36 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Keep coming back, Tony. Like Mr. V said, get over to that toolbox and keep checking in. Stirly was spot on with that advice. Good for everyone to hear, I'm sure! I know it was for me. Good reminder.

First day of virtual school was brutal with lots of glitches but we got through it and I'm hopeful tomorrow will be better. I feel so bad for the kids though. This is necessary, I know, but such a terrible teaching method for young ones.

24 more please.....

Comment

Working...
                                X